X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Vintage MOTU vs Super7 Vintage collection

12 back soft head He-Man and Skeletor vs Super7 Vintage collection Filmation figures.

The Super7 figures don't use rubber bands and have solid plastic heads. They are all new sculpts. They do have the punching action.

Super7 He-Man comes with a full Filmation sword, half sword and a shield.

Super7 Skeletor comes with a Filmation Havoc staff and a half sword.

Super7 He-Man and Skeletor do fit on vintage Mattel Battlecat and Panthor. I will have pics up of Hordak and She-Ra shortly.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Those look really great!

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

She-Ra and Hordak

She-Ra comes with two identical swords and a shield. The Sword of Protection lacks the jewel of the Filmation one. [edit] She is supposed to come with 1 jeweled and 1 regular sword. My figure incorrectly came with 2 identical. The legs on mine are little loose and the punching action doesn't work as well as the rest. Absolutely beautiful sculpt, though. She does fit on vintage Swiftwind. But the figure has to hold the reins to keep from sliding off.

Hordak comes with red crossbow and removable arm cannon.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 20, '18, 8:27 PM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Lovely stuff. Were I not already committed to collecting Super 7 Reaction MOTU, I'd be all over these. It's a little disappointing to me though that they chose to do Filmation versions.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          It's a little disappointing to me though that they chose to do Filmation versions.
          The Filmation versions are the ones I've wanted since I was a kid.

I am having way too much fun with these.

Comment

• Remco Monster
            GLOWS in the Dark!
            • May 3, 2006

Those new Filmation ones are so great. I really want to pick them up. Thanks for the review and sharing.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

Forgive me, which are which, again? I haven’t been around the originals in years and I don’t think I can remember, anymore.

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I think Filmation Hordak, aesthetically, is a pale shadow of his toy self. But I completely understand many collectors' love of the cartoon designs. And I think it's terrific that these are available and at such a good price.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                  Forgive me, which are which, again? I haven’t been around the originals in years and I don’t think I can remember, anymore.

- Ian
                  He-Man pic: Super7 vs vintage
                  Skeletor pic: Vintage vs Super7
                  She-Ra pic: Super7 vs vintage
                  Hordak pic: Super7 vs vintage

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

^ Thank you! And, forgive my lack of recall.

- Ian

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

The one that looks to be an improvement, to me, is She-Ra.

Also, in retrospect; I did think that the vintage examples looked better and more familiar, with the exception of She-Ra. She really threw me off. I never owned her in the early 80s, so I’m not hands on familiar with the original.

- Ian

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Great pics! Super 7 seems to be offering something for everyone. I too am all in on the ReAction scale, so I enjoy seeing your collection.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Be very careful with these. The left leg just snapped off my Hordak. I probably just got a bad one. But I don't think they are as sturdy as the vintage Mattel figures or the 2000 Mattel commemorative figures. I am really bummed out right now. I wanted this Hordak for so long.
                          Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 20, '18, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 23, 2013

That's cool, especially since I watched the shows, in the background of my computer, fairly recently on Netflix.

The figures look good, and I like the hand cannon.

It's wild watching the cartoons on something that is not a tube television.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Man, these are SOOO tempting. I wanted the figures this way as well. They look great!!!

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎