• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

New Megos and your kids?

Hi all,

I know that many of our members have older children now, but for anyone who has younger children...

Have you raised your kids to like classic Mego? And if so, are they excited for return of our favorite action figure line?
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

My 29 year old daughter bought Dracula at Comic-con today. So, the older kids are liking them.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2011

Mi kids could care a less......16 and 20 and they never cared.
      Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
      :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
      I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by HardyGirl
        Hi all,

I know that many of our members have older children now, but for anyone who has younger children...

Have you raised your kids to like classic Mego? And if so, are they excited for return of our favorite action figure line?
        I did. It held for sometime. The scale was perfect. They were stoked about the Batman 66 stuff as they were addicted to the show at the time. Then we saw it in a collector's store and two of figures had fallen apart still on the card. After that, they went to Matty Collector/Legends stuff. They still like going to the Meet. The customs aspect still fascinates them.

My youngest is very interested in the 14" Harley and WW, but she really wants to see the Jeanie box set. I think that's going to do very well.

Comment

• tmthor
          God of Knock-offs
          • Nov 29, 2005

My 13 yo son is excited about them

Comment

• Timothy2251
            Jerks beef with Ten Bears
            • Mar 15, 2008

We don't have kids (my Megos are for me!), but I'm pretty sure my niece might want that I Dream of Jeanie set. Not sure she knows the backstory, but if the character is a magic princess, she's onboard.
            "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• cdhall
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 14, 2004

I thought I posted a photo somewhere when my youngest son was 8. He had a set of Emce figures that he later gave to me. He's done.
              I'm slightly interested in using these for a project I have in mind that has now morphed into something much less elaborate. My main interest will be in completing or assembling a Trek Collection but only if the quality is at least as good as it was in '77. Emce didn't do that. Marvel didn't do that. I'm hoping Marty will do that.
              —-
              “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
              - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
              - Captain Spock
              https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• noelani72
                27inaleon
                • Jun 25, 2002

My 2yr old grand daughter has a vintage Mego Spiderman and wave 1 Jonny Quest/scooby doo figures (bought at DEEP discounted, loose savings off eBay as I refuse to pay $35 each). She adores Scooby Doo, but Dr Quest is her favorite...it looks like her Daddy...she calls him Daddy even...

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

My daughters never paid attention to my Famous Covers or Hasbro 9" figures when I had them displayed (I had no Megos to show off).

My oldest doesn't pay attention to anything, LOL, but my youngest, now 17, looked at my first FTC Mego repros of BAtman and Robin and thought they looked weird. That opinion has not changed as my collection has grown.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

my kids are all aged out of toys, but my oldest daughter did agree how cool it is that Mego is back and was looking at the Hendrix figure

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

My son is fairly excited by the idea that he may have access to custom fodder outside of my pile of stuff. He said he likes the Dracula and hopes there are more monsters, but he does not really 'get' the classic TV show lines since he never saw those shows, but he thinks it is cool that he might be able to use some of the bodies, head, and cloth goods for things he wants to make.

My daughter only wants to know why there is no Spiderman. (She has a Spidey shrine on her bookshelf)

Comment

• bgiles73
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 14, 2010

Both my daughters, 9 and 12 are impressed with the Piper figure from “Charmed.” Alice from “Brady Bunch” got a little second glance, but I think when Mrs Brady, Marcia, Jan and Cindy are in the assortment we will have a hit on our hands!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎