Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC really quiet on releases. specifically 77 Wonder Woman.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I'd rather see a company that can get head sizes right and be consistent with its quality get the Marvel Line. FTC has proven time and again that they can't be dependable to make quality product.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• drogge
      Career Member
      • Jul 24, 2009

Marvel turns 80 next year.

Comment

• boss
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 18, 2003

^as does Maury Povich. Kinda makes you think.
        Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• drogge
          Career Member
          • Jul 24, 2009

Originally posted by boss
          ^as does Maury Povich. Kinda makes you think.
          You are the Dad! LOL, you are right a lot of things turn 80. Just hoping for Marvel. The FTC product is really improving, I think they would do Marvel justice. Hope springs eternal.

Comment

• DC_Guy
            Museum Super Collector
            • Sep 18, 2008

I'd rather see Mego get the 8" Marvel license. But then, since nobody seems to have it at the moment, I suppose beggars can't be choosers...

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by DC_Guy
              I'd rather see Mego get the 8" Marvel license. But then, since nobody seems to have it at the moment, I suppose beggars can't be choosers...
              Hasbro has the master Marvel toy license. A Company must go to Hasbro for permission/use to produce 8" Mego styled figures. This is what Mego must do

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

And subject to the same license and pricing parameters, too.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• kingkongsy
                  • Oct 3, 2017

I find it ironic that FTC is doing a Wonder Woman Lynda Carter line since 1 year ago I emailed them regarding remaking the Mego doll. They laughed and claimed they were not going to pay a license fee to use
                  Lynda Carter's image

Comment

• glimpy
                    Loco Chango
                    • Feb 5, 2012

This will be good I never miss her on Me-TV
                    sigpic

Comment

• Madcap70
                      • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      I'd rather see a company that can get head sizes right and be consistent with its quality get the Marvel Line. FTC has proven time and again that they can't be dependable to make quality product.
                      Weren't you the same guy that was singing the praises of FTC?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

^What? Um, no--not generally.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Madcap70
                          Weren't you the same guy that was singing the praises of FTC?
                          umm, no. You must have me confused with one of the Kool-Aid drinkers here.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• KOMonger
                            Banned
                            • Feb 17, 2015

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            umm, no. You must have me confused with one of the Kool-Aid drinkers here.
                            I don't think anybody here is drinking the Kool-Aid. We are sensible enough to see that anything mass-produced out of China will have issues. There's already a thread with some criticisms on new Mego.

Compare TV Batman or Solomon Kane with any Mego 2018 figures out so far. Only Dracula and maybe Jeannie and the Mirror, Mirror Treks match the quality.

Here is what comes with Solomon Kane:
                            Figure w/excellent sculpted head w/rooted hair; long-sleeve collared shirt; cloth pants; vest w/8 real eyelets & cord; pair plastic boots; real rubber gloves (not pegged version!); belt w/sword holster; over-the-shoulder belt (faux leather!) w/metal(!) buckle; sash-style belt (cotton); huge "Puritan" cloth cape (secures with metal hook&loop); "long pirate" sword; dagger; gun; cloth hat.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I wouldn't tout Solomon Kane as one of FTC's best efforts. Sure, It's a beautifully-detailed figure, but it features no new tooling for accessories and is one of the worst examples of the company's long-standing problem with head scale. I think the soft goods are very nice, but the cloak material is poorly-chosen and the sewn hat is a detriment. Just my opinion.

I think all Megos and reMegos can be criticized because of course, taste and tolerance of "flaws" varies. Ultimately, we can buy what we like. It's kind of wonderful to even have this opportunity to carp.

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                I wouldn't tout Solomon Kane as one of FTC's best efforts. Sure, It's a beautifully-detailed figure, but it features no new tooling for accessories and is one of the worst examples of the company's long-standing problem with head scale. I think the soft goods are very nice, but the cloak material is poorly-chosen and the sewn hat is a detriment. Just my opinion.

I think all Megos and reMegos can be criticized because of course, taste and tolerance of "flaws" varies. Ultimately, we can buy what we like. It's kind of wonderful to even have this opportunity to carp.
                                Thanks, PNGwynne. I probably typed and deleted about three responses before I just threw my hands up.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎