X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OCSuperman
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 4, 2014

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    I think the new figures will have the classic heads like the Batman shown.
    The more I think about it, I think you're right. I think these will literally be 12" versions of the original 8" figures. I'm okay with this, but I am concerned about Wonder Woman ... that body suit at a 12" scale ...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
      I am still disappointed that none are using the previous Mego 12” heads.
      I think that is a great missed opportunity in both 8" and 12" versions. I mean, the Parkdale large figures and Magnetic Batman sculpts are beautiful. But I still like what they are doing, as is.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
        The Man of Many Voices
        • Aug 30, 2005

SUPERMAN!! BATMAN!! ROBIN!! WONDER WOMAN!! AQUAMAN!! For me, it's the quintet who were the mainstays on the
        Super Friends!!! Those are the 12 inch figures I want the most. I will actually start with Aquaman since Mego never made him in 12 inch form. Batman and Robin with the removable cowl and mask will be the ones I get, and Superman and Wonder Woman are naturals. I might get Shazam with the movie coming out next year.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

The crazy thing is, they have 12 inch bodies in suits, boots and capes on their site; for both male and female figures, but no heads. I even called them and asked if there were other female heads planned besidesthat ugly Daisy Duke, and they told me, "Probably not."

I hope we get some enlarged generic heads for those bodies.
          JediJaida

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by TRDouble
            I am still disappointed that none are using the previous Mego 12” heads.
            Who says they won't do this later on? Right now they are making something new using the classic 8 inch heads. Pretty neat if you ask me.

Originally posted by OCSuperman
            The more I think about it, I think you're right. I think these will literally be 12" versions of the original 8" figures. I'm okay with this, but I am concerned about Wonder Woman ... that body suit at a 12" scale ...
            This has been a long running peeve of mine... I get what you and ovenmitt and others have been saying... but doesn't "nostalgia" override most arguments.

Especially in this instance.

I mean, I can get it a bit when modern companies like FTC take old-fashioned approaches to toy-making and costume-era choices and charge modern prices.. it can be a point of contention to those who want more for their money. And everyone has a right to their opinion.

But since this whole LINE is BASED in nostalgia... Mego nostalgia... I sometimes wonder if the contention doesn't have its limits.

A "pajama" 12 inch Wonder Woman may look odd... but that's the selling point...ironically as that may seem.

And, hey, you can always customize her with 12 inch WW accessories if you'd like a less "ugly" figure.

As filmation batman fan noted:
            That said, its so cool that Aquaman is being made. Makes me wanna collect the 5 OG Super Friends in this size now that its possible to do with factory made figures.
            Last edited by huedell; Jul 23, '18, 11:11 AM.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

The idea of this is so good, but the reality of it worries me since the quality, in many instances has been subpar.

The idea about using 12 head sculpts that Mego used is really neat. I’d be even more interested in those.

The thing I don’t appreciate about FTC is the need or feeling like you have to “fix” their figures after you purchase them. To me, it’s just unacceptable ...and, unless it were a figure that I felt I just had to have and purchased, it’s still unacceptable, but I think that’s the only case where I’d make an exception and plan to “fix” the figure once in hand.

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Looking forward to the RC Batman and Aquaman. Those will be my first two pickups. Many of these should be fun to see.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

I read the thread title as 22 1/2" DC Heroes to be Released, and got really excited! Thought my Shogun Warriors were finally going to have some Super-Heroes to fight!!!
                  Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 29, 2018

Wal-Mart.com just had a rollback on the 12inch scale batmobile woop woop!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                      The idea of this is so good, but the reality of it worries me since the quality, in many instances has been subpar.

The idea about using 12 head sculpts that Mego used is really neat. I’d be even more interested in those.

The thing I don’t appreciate about FTC is the need or feeling like you have to “fix” their figures after you purchase them. To me, it’s just unacceptable ...and, unless it were a figure that I felt I just had to have and purchased, it’s still unacceptable, but I think that’s the only case where I’d make an exception and plan to “fix” the figure once in hand.

- Ian
                      It’s not just FTC you need to fix once in hand. I had several BBP figs fall apart in my hands as well. Seems Figures always gets the poopy end of the stick on this Forum despite their incredible offering.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        Alfred? Really? Must be to use up all those oversized heads.
                        Had to laugh at that one.

My support of an Alfred 12-inch Mego is a "full circle" dealie for me in a pretty spot-on way.

Originally, I thought FTC debuting DC figures with such a "pedestrian" figure, in an era where I saw the quick crumbling of similar "re-Mego" ventures, I was VERY anti-Alfred.

With the longevity of the FTC DC figure line(s), and the high quantity of the Mego-era DC characters they have eked out< I'm pretty much onboard with any decision they make now, as it comes off like "gravy" to me.

Can't say I'll definitely buy a 12 inch Alfred, but I'm more of a DC nut than Marvel, and the Mego style added, well, I can see myself caving and going full-on collecting this line, depending on the price-point.

Alfred is just another DC character to collect... hey, I had an Aunt May Famous Covers...WANTED HER badly... I know: Crazy. But only 10 percent shame here! 8 percent shame?

If I found out that the Alfred decision displaced choosing Green Arrow?

That'd be different, I suppose. But I think we can be assured that NOT making the simply designed Alfred wouldn't suddenly make a comparatively complicated design like Green Arrow achievable to produce in this (huge) initial wave.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Boywonder0
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          I think that is a great missed opportunity in both 8" and 12" versions. I mean, the Parkdale large figures and Magnetic Batman sculpts are beautiful.
                          ^^^ What Scott said... The Parksdale Novelty 12" Batman, the Burbank Toys 9" Robin and the 12" Magnetic Batman and Robin figures (Non-Magnetic PLEASE!!!) are a MUST have... I'll consider their 12" line incomplete if these aren't made...^^^

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by huedell
                            Had to laugh at that one.

My support of an Alfred 12-inch Mego is a "full circle" dealie for me in a pretty spot-on way.

Originally, I thought FTC debuting DC figures with such a "pedestrian" figure, in an era where I saw the quick crumbling of similar "re-Mego" ventures, I was VERY anti-Alfred.

With the longevity of the FTC DC figure line(s), and the high quantity of the Mego-era DC characters they have eked out< I'm pretty much onboard with any decision they make now, as it comes off like "gravy" to me.

Can't say I'll definitely buy a 12 inch Alfred, but I'm more of a DC nut than Marvel, and the Mego style added, well, I can see myself caving and going full-on collecting this line, depending on the price-point.

Alfred is just another DC character to collect... hey, I had an Aunt May Famous Covers...WANTED HER badly... I know: Crazy. But only 10 percent shame here! 8 percent shame?

If I found out that the Alfred decision displaced choosing Green Arrow?

That'd be different, I suppose. But I think we can be assured that NOT making the simply designed Alfred wouldn't suddenly make a comparatively complicated design like Green Arrow achievable to produce in this (huge) initial wave.
                            I know that Alfred's head is large, but will it fit a 12 inch body and not look out of proportion?
                            JediJaida

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by JediJaida
                              I know that Alfred's head is large, but will it fit a 12 inch body and not look out of proportion?
                              You mean still too big for even a 12 inch figure?

Call me gullible or stupid... but I can't tell if you're joking with me or not.

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

No, I mean too small. Just because it's too big for 8 inches, it doesn't mean it's big enough for 12 inches.
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎