• palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

toys that made us season 3

Power Rangers
    My Little Pony
    Wrestling
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

No offense for those happy about this but none of it's for me, while i certainly understand the merits of three of them, how wrestling beat Batman or the Universal Monsters I'll never know...
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

I might actually watch the wrestling episode. I loved the LJN line when it came out. the others, not so much. pretty much all after my toy time

Comment

• Remco Monster
      GLOWS in the Dark!
      • May 3, 2006

Universal Monsters, DC & Marvel, Hot Wheels, Western Toys, etc. So many better options. I knew TMNT and MLP would happen though.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

How do you do any Japanese line before a two-parter Godzilla and Ultraman?

I guess the criteria is the toy must supercede the value of the property. So Batman and Godzilla don't count because they were massive in pop culture without toys.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

They better do a Hot Wheels for season 4, or else...

I’ve seen seven outta the eight episodes, but I refuse to watch Hello Kitty...never...
          sigpic

Comment

• Remco Monster
            GLOWS in the Dark!
            • May 3, 2006

They need to do a Marvel & DC episode. Could cover Capt. Action, WGSH, Super Powers and Secret Wars as the main subjects and sprinkle in a ton of the other stuff that has been made.

Comment

• comicmike
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 22, 2009

Good update on the info:Thank you

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

The only one I might be interested in is wrestling because I loved the first LJN stuff in the mid 80s. Those and a few Remco wrestlers, from the same time, were all that I had. By a few years later my interest in wrestling had completely evaporated.

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

i've thoroughly enjoyed this series - even bought vintage toys as a direct result. But this season might be the one I skip.
                  Who am I kidding...I'll prolly watch, but the interest level will be lower lol

Comment

• rykerw1701
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Power Rangers
                    My Little Pony
                    Wrestling
                    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

No offense for those happy about this but none of it's for me, while i certainly understand the merits of three of them, how wrestling beat Batman or the Universal Monsters I'll never know...

Nothing for me here, either. I agree that Batman would be great choice, and I'd add Hot Wheels and Marx. Somebody started buying a lot of wresting figures starting in the 90's, so I guess it's a good choice but I'll skip that one. And the other three, for that matter.

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

If it’s well produced, it can still be a good watch even if it’s not a toy line you collected.

The Barbie episode for me was one of the most entertaining and educational. Whereas I’ve sort of forgotten what they did with the Star Wars episode, since I’ve been to that well so many times.

I do understand disappointment with not seeing “our” toy lines represented, but I wouldn’t write it off completely.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

As much as I'm not a fan of Hot Wheels and Matchbox...an episode on them seems like a no brainer. It's almost criminal to disregard them in this series. However, maybe they'll be part of a season 4.

And, yeah, of course cover Batman in an episode or, at least, superheroes. Maybe it's still coming? Was this supposed to be the final installment?

- Ian
                        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

I like My Little Pony.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Klosterheim
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 23, 2013

I'll be in on Wrestling and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from the upcoming season, even though I didn't collect wrestling, and I think that I only had one turtle figure.

I probably will watch the other episodes.

Thinking of toys, perhaps a season would have a toy cap gun episode?, starting with paper caps. Surely it would be in demand?!

I'm pretty sure they had huge sells, big profits, ever since their invention.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Not my cup of tea, although I did enjoy playing with my friend's heavy, rubbery LJN wrestlers back in the day. I will still watch these, though. Still have to watch Hello, Kitty, but I will.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎