Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KOMonger
    Banned
    • Feb 17, 2015

Are there any pictures of the character to the right in blue and yellow? Anyone know who it is?
    I couldn't find the character on their facebook page.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

^ I think that was an entry from the custom contest they had.

https://deskgram.org/p/1825693599838547927_6002929122

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

Any news on these?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

this was from September last year
          Hey Actioneers, we’re delighted to report that the reception to the new uniform sets announced at San Diego Comic-Con was overwhelmingly positive. We at CA Enterprises continue to maintain our commitment to keep the Captain Action legacy alive and growing. While the faithful have always been with us, we are now also seeking to attract new fans with our new offering of uniform sets which include The Rocketeer, Mars Attacks! and more.

Currently, while we had hoped to have started pre-orders for these new uniform sets by now, the factory we were originally working with hit a snag and could not deliver. You can imagine how terribly frustrating that is for us, and we’re sure it is frustrating for all of you anxious fans as well. So here’s the situation—

We are diligently in the process of arranging a new deal with a new factory, and as soon as we have everything set to move forward, we’ll let you know. As we’re all in this together, we felt it very important to let you all know what has transpired and that we’re still very committed to bring you the best quality uniform sets in the Captain Action tradition.” Best, —Team Action

Comment

• alex
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 15, 2009

Cool thanks for the update, doesnt sound very promising though ;(

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

Agreed, doesn't sound promising.
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

especially since I could not find a more recent update

Comment

• drquest
                  ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                  • Apr 17, 2012

Me either and I poked around about it. Maybe I'll just email one of the guys to find out.
                  Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Retro shirts and stuff
                  More retro shirts
                  Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

can't hurt if you have an email address to try.

it just seems CA is always doomed before it even gets started

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

I'm still disappointed that we never got the DC Comics sets from the Round 2 effort. I still have some basic Captain Actions from the TRU Clearance sale, way back when.

These look good (I don't know how I missed them before!), but I think I have come to the conclusion that the original CA concept does not work today; not when I can just buy a figure of the character I want without buying extra base bodies, and costume sets, and with the CA end results not looking as good as if I bought a standalone figure of the character. That becomes a big problem when using heavily licensed brands like Marvel and DC Comics.

I'd rather see someone try and rebrand CA into a spy that may use disguises, but eliminates any licensed use. Where the main character is CA, not CA dressed as <insert licensed character>. I don't know if it would work -- licensing brings eyeballs -- but I think the concept, as it is, is outdated for today's market.

And I never had a lot of faith in the current holders of the CA license either. Lots of ideas, but they don't seem to know how to go beyond that.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 15, 2010

Those two are the gang that can’t shoot straight. That Rocketeer is terrific, but the figures are so long gone, they are going to have to relaunch the whole shebang. As much as I love CA, it’s a tough concept to sell in this day and age.
                        sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• phil
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by The Batman Professor
                          Those two are the gang that can’t shoot straight. That Rocketeer is terrific, but the figures are so long gone, they are going to have to relaunch the whole shebang. As much as I love CA, it’s a tough concept to sell in this day and age.
                          To me it always seemed like they were trying to run a marathon before they learned to walk.

Comment

• Red Hulk
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 19, 2012

Originally posted by The Batman Professor
                            I agree 100% but that Mars Attacks set for Dr. Evil is incredible.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎