Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Captain Action at SDCC

Images
    Agreed, doesn't sound promising.

Images
    especially since I could not find a more recent update

Images
    Me either and I poked around about it. Maybe I'll just email one of the guys to find out.

Images
    can't hurt if you have an email address to try.

it just seems CA is always doomed before it even gets started

I'm still disappointed that we never got the DC Comics sets from the Round 2 effort. I still have some basic Captain Actions from the TRU Clearance sale, way back when.

These look good (I don't know how I missed them before!), but I think I have come to the conclusion that the original CA concept does not work today; not when I can just buy a figure of the character I want without buying extra base bodies, and costume sets, and with the CA end results not looking as good as if I bought a standalone figure of the character. That becomes a big problem when using heavily licensed brands like Marvel and DC Comics.

I'd rather see someone try and rebrand CA into a spy that may use disguises, but eliminates any licensed use. Where the main character is CA, not CA dressed as <insert licensed character>. I don't know if it would work -- licensing brings eyeballs -- but I think the concept, as it is, is outdated for today's market.

And I never had a lot of faith in the current holders of the CA license either. Lots of ideas, but they don't seem to know how to go beyond that.