Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Does Geoff Johns turn everything to poop that he touches? Horrible. No hope for Doom Patrol now either.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Madcap70
      • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by Joshua the Atomic Robot
      It's $7.99 per month, or $74.99 per year. So now you only have 8 reasons to hate it!
      Wrong! $74.99 UPFRONT?? No do it monthly like the rest of the civilized world...

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

This has become an easy pass for me after seeing this. I can't get pass Robin and Starfire.

And isn't Dove suppose to be the calm one of the pair? Not seeing that here.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Was there a panel for this at SDCC? After the seemingly universal thud this made, I wonder how that went?

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Was there a panel for this at SDCC? After the seemingly universal thud this made, I wonder how that went?

Chris
            Morbidly curious here, both my kids were raised on Titans Go, Tiny Titans and the new iteration. They love the Titans! They both thought this looked terrible.

My best guess is they saw Riverdale and said "Let's make that".
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^My son is still defending it to me, but I'm not buying. He was so hyped for it, I don't think he can let it go, despite knowing its a very odd direction to take the property in. But he's in full "teen angst" mode right now, so its overt grittiness probably appeals to him more now than it ever will.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

^I think they know it's a bust.

There was no "meet the stars" panel that I've read about, plus the trailer accidentally went live before SDCC. It was taken down, but not before a number of fanews sites grabbed it. You put the two together and it looks like they went early to not step on the good wom for the "World's of DC".

I couldn't imagine dropping that dump before or after the Young Justice panel.

The problem with Titans is this was a long-gestating project that originally was a CW spin-off for TNT. Then WB wanted Turner DC to be synced with Snyderverse, so Titans became a step-child of BvS/JL. You see bits of it with Alfred pushing Wayne to work with others again, the allusions to what went wrong between Batman and Robin. So it was originally Nightwing, which makes the "F Batman" mentality more Snyder-logical; Batman got Jason Todd killed (the suit in BvS), dissolving things between Wayne and Grayson.

The problem is the WB ground below them kept changing. BvS thudded. JL imploded. DCU Streaming announced, so budget is slashed. Producers leaves. Regime change. FUBAR.

Edit: I haven't read the wiki until now, but you can see it's a production by Tetris. I remember during JL production Johns wanted to link Cyborg to the show but Snyder opposed that direct of a connection because he wasn't producing it.
                Last edited by hedrap; Jul 25, '18, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                  Custom Mego Maker
                  • Jun 3, 2007

FBM.

Still gonna check it out.

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Edit that thing a bit, and its easily made into a satire piece.

Even unedited, it was hilARious.

Good luck with that one WB.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I watched the trailers for Aquaman and Shazam with my 10 year old, who is very excited for them. She asked "Can we watch the Titans trailer?" To which my wife and I emphatically answered NO.

How sad is that? She can't even watch the trailer? Way to go DC TV. Take a property that was always accessible to at least older kids, and make it "R" rated. Even for the trailer!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

^that is just sad, Chris. I really think an all ages rule of thumb is important with costumed heroes (with certain exceptions of characters that were never marketed to kids in the first place, like Deadpool and Kick-Butt).

Robin should never, ever cuss. Kids first, adults second.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^Agreed 100 percent!!!

I wonder what Burt Ward thinks of this? He's a very positive guy, so I wonder if he would be charitable towards this, or would he call foul?

Chris O'Donnell did tell his Batman "Screw you." But it wasn't nearly as "overtly badass" as this.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

One more piece to the puzzle.

Earlier this year, director Zack Snyder implied that Dick Grayson was the dead Robin in Batman v Superman. Not Jason Todd as many fans had assumed. Today, Snyder took away all doubt and said it was…

Earlier this year, director Zack Snyder implied that Dick Grayson was the dead Robin in Batman v Superman. Not Jason Todd as many fans had assumed. Today, Snyder took away all doubt and said it was “Richard” Dick Grayson.

Snyder confirmed the news to a fan on Vero who had shared the deleted Suicide Squad footage of Batman talking to Harley Quinn about The Joker taking someone from him (he was referring to Robin). When a fan followed up and asked if Snyder intended to bring Dick Grayson back after a Flashpoint movie, Snyder said no. Grayson would stay dead, but he had plans to introduce the female Robin, Carrie Kelley, he said.
                            That now looks to be apart of the tug-o-war between Snyder and WB/DC Films.They wanted Grayson connected tangentially to his DCUverse, but he wanted Robin dead. So Titans was Nightwing which would imply Todd was the victim. I'd think this is where Affleck stepped in and took over the Batman reboot, which scuttled Snyder's Carrie Kelly plans.

If you trace the CWTV opposite Snyder's production, he worked hard to marginalize them. The original plan as laid out by Nelson was to interconnect TV and film in a way Marvel had refused to attempt. Then it went away, and there was consideration of stopping the CW shows once JL launched. I believe it was Morrison who convinced Johns to sell a multiverse approach to WB. With Wan and Hamada now heading direction, that will change.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^Snyder and DiDio must get along. They are the only two people I know who hate Dick Grayson.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                                Yeah...this is WAY too dark. Is Robin KILLING people? Geez.

If you’ve ever wanted to hear Robin say “Fuck Batman” before knocking the hell out of and killing a couple of street-level criminals, then allow us to show you the very first trailer for DC Universe’s upcoming live-action Titans series. Suffice to say that Teen Titans Go!, this is not.

Chris
                                Did you notice the thumbs down on that trailer?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎