Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Titans TV series trailer

Images
    One more piece to the puzzle.

https://batman-news.com/2018/07/30/z...carrie-kelley/

Earlier this year, director Zack Snyder implied that Dick Grayson was the dead Robin in Batman v Superman. Not Jason Todd as many fans had assumed. Today, Snyder took away all doubt and said it was “Richard” Dick Grayson.

Snyder confirmed the news to a fan on Vero who had shared the deleted Suicide Squad footage of Batman talking to Harley Quinn about The Joker taking someone from him (he was referring to Robin). When a fan followed up and asked if Snyder intended to bring Dick Grayson back after a Flashpoint movie, Snyder said no. Grayson would stay dead, but he had plans to introduce the female Robin, Carrie Kelley, he said.
    That now looks to be apart of the tug-o-war between Snyder and WB/DC Films.They wanted Grayson connected tangentially to his DCUverse, but he wanted Robin dead. So Titans was Nightwing which would imply Todd was the victim. I'd think this is where Affleck stepped in and took over the Batman reboot, which scuttled Snyder's Carrie Kelly plans.

If you trace the CWTV opposite Snyder's production, he worked hard to marginalize them. The original plan as laid out by Nelson was to interconnect TV and film in a way Marvel had refused to attempt. Then it went away, and there was consideration of stopping the CW shows once JL launched. I believe it was Morrison who convinced Johns to sell a multiverse approach to WB. With Wan and Hamada now heading direction, that will change.
    Snyder's man-crush on Miller is what derailed the DCEU from the get-go, but he diverges from the dead Robin being Robin The Boy Statistic Jason Todd to fan-favorite Dick Grayson?

Of course this is the man who unceremoniously killed Jimmy Olsen as a big FU to tradition, so why should I be surprised?

If any of Batman's DCEU connections continue, no one is beholden to this, since Snyder is out the door, so it least there is that.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Egad, don't get me started on Miller.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    Snyder's man-crush on Miller is what derailed the DCEU from the get-go, but he diverges from the dead Robin being Robin The Boy Statistic Jason Todd to fan-favorite Dick Grayson?

Of course this is the man who unceremoniously killed Jimmy Olsen as a big FU to tradition, so why should I be surprised?

If any of Batman's DCEU connections continue, no one is beholden to this, since Snyder is out the door, so it least there is that.

Chris
    I think you may be right about Didio. He comes from a TV family background and the pairing with Johns was always forced. I assumed it was due to Goyer.

I wouldn't be surprised if Snyder didn't care who people thought it was until the Titans/Nightwing project started. Then ta-da "Sorry, I killed him". That's sorta how the " I killed Jimmy Olsen" thing came about. Originally, Olsen's legs were crushed in the Zod fight and we learn about Cyborg/STAR Labs through him. That morphed into the wheelchair bomber, (who at one point was either Metallo or Shrapnel), and Victor Stone was dropped. Then one day, the guy in desert is Jimmy. If you look at all the incoherent pieces, Corbin-Metallo would have made it seemless.

Matt Reeves wants to do Batman: Year Five or around there. I think that's a good angle, but I think the Phoenix Joker film is going to change a lot of plans.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I still don't think the CIA guy was really Jimmy, just his cover name so he could infiltrate the terrorist hideout.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Egad, don't get me started on Miller.
    Not really his fault that DKR got blown all out of proportion and used as a template for decades. Now his later work on Bats was a mess. I still think that the Batman in Dark Knight was Adam West's version.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Titans is an awesome show!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post

Chris
    I think that best sums up the DCEU issues. Warner Bros. not only hides, but appears asleep, behind the Frank Miller template because of this decades old fear of remaking Batman & Robin.... Did I say decades? Dear God... They seem obsessed over style, versus actual content. And you saw how that pendulum wildly swung when they tried to course correct with Justice League. They need to get someone in there that has pride in the DC comics heritage, as opposed to directors who have dated sensibilities about setting up digital game scenery with all the superheroes posing. These characters need to be relate-able on some emotional level. Modern day audiences have gotten a bit more sophisticated than to sit through two hours of one dimensional eye candy.
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.

Images
    ^All good points Tom. Unfortunately, the person who probably has the best chance of doing it is Geoff Johns, and he runs extremely hot and cold. He knows the DC traditions, is a disciple of Richard Donner, but he also has a real dark streak that can run parallel to Snyder in a lot of ways. For every Green Lantern: Rebirth, there's a heads and limbs popping off in Infinite Crisis.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif