Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Titans TV series trailer

Images

The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Images
    the show looks really good. I hope they release it on disc or one of the other streaming services like Netflix(doubtful)

We signed up for the DC service and got 3 months free, which made it $4.99 per month, which meant if I watched nothing and just read 2 of the digital comics per month, I would get my money's worth. I had very low expectations for the Titans series based on the trailer. I didn't watch an episode until all 11 were available as I kind of forgot it was on. After my wife went to bed on Christmas Eve, I started watching it and ended up watching the first 4. I got caught up into it. It does try way too hard to be edgy and dark, but the story and the characters were compelling to me nonetheless. I just finished the finale about 15 minutes ago, and overall on balance, I liked it. I didn't love it, but I do not have viewer's regret feeling I wasted x number of hours of my life by watching it as I did with Batman vs. Superman and Suicide Squad, and because it ended on a cliffhanger, I ended up wanting more and was disappointed I would have to wait to find out what happens. It's not the DCU I grew up with, but it is recognizable as the DCU. There are elements of the Wolfman/Perez Titans there, there are elements of the Geoff Johns Titans, and even of the personalities form the Teen Titans animated. It mixes and matches things and synthesizes something new from it. It won't be to everyone's tastes, and I am surprised I liked it as much as I did after my initial reactions, but for me, it was worth checking out.

-M

Blog Entries
    It appeared on CDN Netflix last night, so i checked it out, pretty compelling. I'd like them to stop with the blue filter but i'll actually watch the whole thing.

Also amused at how easy it was to figure out it's shot in Toronto and Hamilton.