X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by melstapler
    Although it would be nice to have FTC products available in major chain retail stores, I'd be surprised if that were to happen due to their very large web presence.

From what I understand, the Mego figures being sold in retail right now are limited edition/numbered and exclusive to Target stores. I've been in several of their store locations over the past couple weeks, some don't seem to have received any shipments while others already have these in stock and on the shelves. Although some shoppers may stumble onto these by surprise or new fans will be impressed, I suspect it will mostly be the Mego loyalists such as ourselves who are pursuing them. With the holiday season quickly approaching, hopefully Mego will receive more attention and stay in the public eye. Would love it if they could release more characters through their Target deal in the future.
    Outside of the FTC website, I've only seen these available in comic book shops.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

If NOTHING else changes the ONE THING I do hope changes is FTC's attitude toward QC. They may hold the DC licence right now but that makes no difference to me at all if they are going to continue to put out figures of sub-par quality that won't hold a pose and have horrid face sculpts. They have had far too many years to fix this and we have basically been ignored.

And pricing plays into this in a big way. $30 for a crooked, jacked up looking figure that won't stand on it's own vs $15 for a far better quality figure that has a nice face sculpt AND stands? In heels no less? No brainer.

This is a golden opportunity for FTC to really listen to what is going on and do the right thing.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by LordMudd
        I really don't care. FTC is starting to do 3 3/4 inch scale. GREAT! Mego has announced nothing in this scale. (Yawn.) Boring.

CCC.
        Read an interview today where Doc and Marty said do that they’re looking into doing 3 3/4 inch figures. They said the reason that they didn’t do them right off the bat is because they require a lot of extra tooling. So, we may get those from Mego.

In saying that, I’m sure excited about FTC’s Comic Action Heroes!

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Mary Canary
          Career Member
          • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
          Read an interview today where Doc and Marty said do that they’re looking into doing 3 3/4 inch figures. They said the reason that they didn’t do them right off the bat is because they require a lot of extra tooling. So, we may get those from Mego.

In saying that, I’m sure excited about FTC’s Comic Action Heroes!

- Ian
          You know what you never see anymore in stores? GI Joe!
          I guess military figures are not a big sell these days?
          I always thought the 3 inch Joes were a great line in terms of scale, poseability, variety of characters, price point, vehicles, etc...
          And of course Mego did it first with figures like Buck Rogers and the Dukes.
          Would be awesome to see that type of figure again.
          I just feel like Mego needs to nail a property that is hot with kids for that to really take off...
          I mean, 3 3/4 inch Cheers figures would be kind of MEH to me.
          And as they said in the interview, ReAction did so many vintage waves it became kind of overkill.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

^ There are good properties out there and maybe they could do something with DC or Marvel in that scale. I doubt they’d go to the trouble to tool figures from sitcoms, but who knows. They may not do any at all, but I think they’d be a hit.

You may or may not know that when the guys at Hasbro pitched the GI Joe RAH line, they used mock-ups from Mego CHiPs 3 3/4 inch figures. Before I learned that, I had always wondered why the first RAH figures and some of the Mego 3 3/4 inch were so similarly made. It turns out it’s because Hasbro directly copied Mego.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

I think Harry Potter would work as a 3 3/4" line. The UK had a line out years ago that was good and diverse, but it was only released in Europe. The property is hot again and I always felt like FTC just missed by grabbing the license too early.

Comment

• jayraytee
                Career Member
                • May 27, 2011

Yeah with the Mego name out there and if general consumer goes online and stumbles on FTC... IF they get past the pricepoint, which most won't, and they actually order.. most people will not make that mistake too many times due to the quality control issues.

I would say mego has them beat on exposure, quality and price.. FTC will have to adapt.
                My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎