Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Does FTC Think About Mego?

Well because of getting bite by the Mego bug I've been looking at some of FTC offerings and will be ordering some soon. So this could be a real positive like some people have stated.

Images
    I really don't care. FTC is starting to do 3 3/4 inch scale. GREAT! Mego has announced nothing in this scale. (Yawn.) Boring.

CCC.

^Of course, Mego's only been back for about fifteen minutes, so some might be inclined to give them a chance...

Images
    I tend to think any competition is a good thing for the consumer. When everyone tries harder, the customer usually wins, as do the companies vying for their dollars.
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.

Although it would be nice to have FTC products available in major chain retail stores, I'd be surprised if that were to happen due to their very large web presence.

From what I understand, the Mego figures being sold in retail right now are limited edition/numbered and exclusive to Target stores. I've been in several of their store locations over the past couple weeks, some don't seem to have received any shipments while others already have these in stock and on the shelves. Although some shoppers may stumble onto these by surprise or new fans will be impressed, I suspect it will mostly be the Mego loyalists such as ourselves who are pursuing them. With the holiday season quickly approaching, hopefully Mego will receive more attention and stay in the public eye. Would love it if they could release more characters through their Target deal in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by melstapler View Post
    Although it would be nice to have FTC products available in major chain retail stores, I'd be surprised if that were to happen due to their very large web presence.

From what I understand, the Mego figures being sold in retail right now are limited edition/numbered and exclusive to Target stores. I've been in several of their store locations over the past couple weeks, some don't seem to have received any shipments while others already have these in stock and on the shelves. Although some shoppers may stumble onto these by surprise or new fans will be impressed, I suspect it will mostly be the Mego loyalists such as ourselves who are pursuing them. With the holiday season quickly approaching, hopefully Mego will receive more attention and stay in the public eye. Would love it if they could release more characters through their Target deal in the future.
    Outside of the FTC website, I've only seen these available in comic book shops.