• Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mary Canary
    I hate that you sound so discouraged.
    Don't let the haters get to you.
    Like you said, some people are never happy no matter what.
    I think a lot of people are excited.
    Sometimes the ignorant people just end up being the loudest.
    And it's TOYS!
    Oh me? I totally need a break. Quite happy about this launch and how it went down but yeah, tired.

I don't think people are supposed to be exposed to pure internet feedback for this long a period of time.

Most folks are great or at the very least polite but we as humans are quicker to fixate on those being unruly.

My computer goes dark at 9pm tonight for a couple of days. Total battery recharge.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
      The very fact that your wife ... no you necessarily, but your WIFE...wants Cheers figures proves Target might be on to something with their unlikely licensing.
      I think Target is umm hitting the target with this line. Its such a broad assortment there really is something for everyone. And it should bring in new Mego fans along with catching the random 40-50 year old that remembers the format and is unaware of FTC or EMCE.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

Wow .i thought the noisy Nellie's reserved their hate for ftc figures I personally love what
        Mego and ftc is doing.and I hope their both successful.mego fans win with so many choices of what they want
        In their collection..just buy what you like.there is something for every one.i like some of the new mego figures over
        Some of the others.and those come first...then I'll work on the others..the 29th is gonna be fun.

Comment

• boss
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 18, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
          After reading all the replies, the thing I find kind of interesting is the "experts" crawling out of the woodwork, saying XXXXX is wrong and then suggesting the weirdest, mouldliest licenses ever and there is absolutely no concensus other than it's what THEY want.

So many people think they can do better but they've never done a single licensing approval, dealt with a factory or met with a buyer. It's amazing and sometimes soul crushing how things change.
          Well said. They first thing they taught us in “advertising school” was to get over our personal opinions of what is popular and what is not and rely more on what the market reveals thru data analysis. Above everything else, I’m interested to see how things play out. My guess is that I’ll be wrong as often as I’m right about the “popular” figures.
          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• rykerw1701
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 27, 2007

Every figure announced isn't for me, and I have my doubts about some of the line choices. But overall I'm really stoked about what I see. Some great stuff, I'm more than pleasantly surprised. There's a lot of Trek in this, and I love that. And Jeannie may be the best head sculpt they've shown so far, and there are some good ones. And that Dracula is on my want list for sure. This is a great relaunch for the company.

I say pay no mind to the nerd rage and together we can rejoice in the abundance of Mego richness.

So say we all.

Comment

• greensavage2000
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 9, 2013

I was at work last night and talking to a co-worker about these new Megos and told him "It might be wrong that a man my age is this excited about this".

I can't wrap my head around how a Mego fan isn't thrilled this is happening. I don't want everything shown but how is this a reason to just hate the all shibang, like the whole concept of it even happening? I'm so glad my mind doesn't work that way.

I think what Funko has done with their Pops line just shows how if done nicely and in the stores where people see it, not just collectors, lots of licensed properties can work. I think Mego realizes this. I bet a lot of these have better legs than a lot of people think.

This should be incredible news for everyone. It means whatever license you want has a greater chance of being made with this strategy. Funko is making ev-ery-th-ing, everything! It must be working they still are coming out with the must mind blowing things, like I can't believe they're making this kinda thing.

I for one am crazy excited about where this going. Go Mego!

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I have some concerns about a few licenses, like Cheers, but overall they did smart choices and made really nice looking figures. I think the Jeannie sculpt is particularly nice. I do hope they add some more action oriented licenses to go along with the sitcom and celebrity ones as the line progresses.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mary Canary
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 21, 2017

Oh me? I totally need a break. Quite happy about this launch and how it went down but yeah, tired.

I don't think people are supposed to be exposed to pure internet feedback for this long a period of time.

Most folks are great or at the very least polite but we as humans are quicker to fixate on those being unruly.

My computer goes dark at 9pm tonight for a couple of days. Total battery recharge.
                  Well, I just hope you know that for all the crabs out there, there are just as many of us who totally appreciate you being "on" and announcing all of these figures for us.
                  You will never make everyone happy, but you've built a great community here - not to mention Plaid Stallions is the most amazing thing, so much coolness right there!
                  It's always good to take care of your self first. You don't owe anyone anything. But we do appreciate it all! At least I do!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

I've seen it first hand, a company will say "oh they hate everything" and you're permanently on the "pay no mind" list. Fans need to pick battles and they waste their time on boots and cape length.

After reading all the replies, the thing I find kind of interesting is the "experts" crawling out of the woodwork, saying XXXXX is wrong and then suggesting the weirdest, mouldliest licenses ever and there is absolutely no concensus other than it's what THEY want.

So many people think they can do better but they've never done a single licensing approval, dealt with a factory or met with a buyer. It's amazing and sometimes soul crushing how things change.
                    Absolutely. I haven't paid much attention outside of the forums, but I know there are certain places where it tends to be unfiltered nonsense.

Happens in all the communities sadly. NECA and Tamashii Nations both revealed some excellent Godzilla figures and in many spots, they're being ripped to pieces by "fans". So it goes I guess.

Comment

• tmthor
                      God of Knock-offs
                      • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                      Absolutely. I haven't paid much attention outside of the forums, but I know there are certain places where it tends to be unfiltered nonsense.

Happens in all the communities sadly. NECA and Tamashii Nations both revealed some excellent Godzilla figures and in many spots, they're being ripped to pieces by "fans". So it goes I guess.
                      Same with the Star Wars and the Marvel/DC reveals. I think people just want to pee in others cereal because they can. Somehow in the last couple of years fandoms feel THEY OWN the properties and all the stuff that licensors make its pretty rediculous the immature fanbases out there or Toxic (like Star Wars right now) lets try not to be those people.

Oh and you know i am really starting to hate the Phrase "they are not for you" however that is true with the new Mego lines....they are not all for me...I will be passing on the ones I dont want and buying the heck out of the ones I want. I will never talk bad about why a company made X figure or X line....I know their are fans who have been waiting for some of them and though they might not be 1 million dollar lines I am sure Marty Knows what he is doing its not like he just showed up out of nowhere like mean of the complainers are

also i think shotgunning the properties IS the way to go Who knows what is with all the bad stuff being said places about x figure.....what if they become the most popular or go on to be huge successful lines.

one last thing I thought was really funny on one site last night one was complaining that all the Mego stuff was junk and should only be sold in museum gift shops and dollar stores .....his reasoning was only because Target only has so much in its toy buying budget and they might cut back on what he collect (Marvel Legends) because in his words spent it on trash and "old fashioned dolly figures. I sat there and thought what an idiot Basically acting like Target did not call him up and ask him if they should like He is their only customer
                      Last edited by tmthor; Jul 19, '18, 3:24 PM.

Comment

• rodkeith
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 16, 2008

Every time I've looked at the internet in the last week there's been a brand new Mego Corp reveal that I didn't expect. Some I love, some I like and some I couldn't care less about.

But ALL of it is making this hobby richer and more varied. (For instance-- Tootie from Facts of Life? Not my thing, but that's a great base to re-do my FTC Wonder Girl. Sold! EDIT: And I just realized Tootie is black, couldn't tell from my screen. So, Bumblebee it is then.)

This is an incredible time to be a Mego fan.
                        Last edited by rodkeith; Jul 19, '18, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by greensavage2000
                          I think what Funko has done with their Pops line just shows how if done nicely and in the stores where people see it, not just collectors, lots of licensed properties can work. I think Mego realizes this. I bet a lot of these have better legs than a lot of people think.
                          I was out with friends-- the farthest thing from toy collectors-- and they were talking about how they "had to get" a new Ezekiel Elliot Fuko Pop. I agree that Mego could have a nice niche as the Funko Pop for retro franchises, and find an audience far beyond hardcore vintage toy collector.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by sprytel
                            I was out with friends-- the farthest thing from toy collectors-- and they were talking about how they "had to get" a new Ezekiel Elliot Fuko Pop. I agree that Mego could have a nice niche as the Funko Pop for retro franchises, and find an audience far beyond hardcore vintage toy collector.
                            Since that post I went to Target to see what I could see. I haven't been to Target in years. I was hoping to get lucky or to maybe see a spot where they might go. I found nothing in regards to Mego but man, there's a lot of Funko Pops. Yeah, there were a lot of Star Wars and stuff like that but there was Prince Harry, Prince Charles, Motley Crue, and Rosie from the Jetsons. Mego really started the thing of having a lot of licensed properties. If one don't sell that well then the next one will. Like an unstoppable juggernaut just chugging along. I think this is the right time to do it again. It might be a better time even.

Comment

• tmthor
                              God of Knock-offs
                              • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by greensavage2000
                              Since that post I went to Target to see what I could see. I haven't been to Target in years. I was hoping to get lucky or to maybe see a spot where they might go. I found nothing in regards to Mego but man, there's a lot of Funko Pops. Yeah, there were a lot of Star Wars and stuff like that but there was Prince Harry, Prince Charles, Motley Crue, and Rosie from the Jetsons. Mego really started the thing of having a lot of licensed properties. If one don't sell that well then the next one will. Like an unstoppable juggernaut just chugging along. I think this is the right time to do it again. It might be a better time even.
                              Yeah Funko really took to licences they license almost anything.

Comment

• SWDAVE
                                • May 31, 2017

I am very happy that Mego has returned, however, with limited funds, I do not think I will be getting too many of these new releases. I really want them to make Marvel figs and when they do, I will get them all!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎