Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I'm excited. Some look great, some not as much, but that was original Mego as well. The variety is mind-boggling. They really went for the full Mego feel of dozens of licenses all at once.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

I just don't get the complaints. For years we've wanted the original Mego Corp. back,we get it and people still aren't happy. As I said in another thread I haven't felt like this in almost 40 years. I like what they are doing.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

If everything we're seeing is Wave 1, I'm thrilled, somewhat shocked and a little concerned.

The diorama's and 14-inch will sell the best, IMO. Of the individual figures, some will move brisk to collectors and fans. Then the Mego community is going to buy a fair share out of completion, support and custom fodder.

But after that...Doc said 10k of each...I openly admit, I don't know the details. Maybe Mego gets their unsold stock back which could easily become a ancillary revenue stream. You could take AJ and turn it into a Marwen limited edition...You could repackage Fonzie with a Stallone for Lords of Flatbush...trash a Charlie's Angel and make a Pinkie Tuscadero post-crash diorama...

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

I couldn't be happier...like Brian said, "this is just the BEGINNING!" And I am patient...I can wait to see what comes down the road...Mego is just getting started!
          sigpic

Comment

• jayraytee
            Career Member
            • May 27, 2011

I didn't read all the responses because so far the reveals have not interested me. But some of the 'complaints' or negativity could come from a spirit of wanting to see the new Mego corp succeed, if the initial offerings are lackluster that can effect the future. If they are not that interesting and don't sell, will we see the other waves or will target drop it? I mean we've seen what happened before with various lines. You don't want your spearhead to be dull, most people come out swinging with their best stuff... so will the next waves get better or worse? I mean if you have the DC and Marvel licenses... do you come out with wave one as Dukes of Hazard and Welcome Back Kotter?
            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

really if you can't find something in that assortment you like then a person really needs to find something else to cry about. Me, I'm shooting for Drac, wife wants Norm and hoping for Cliff Clavin to go with him.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by jayraytee
                I didn't read all the responses because so far the reveals have not interested me. But some of the 'complaints' or negativity could come from a spirit of wanting to see the new Mego corp succeed, if the initial offerings are lackluster that can effect the future.
                I don't consider questions or concerns as complaints, especially if they're thought out or in a polite tone.

Some people are never happy no matter what, the guy who posted rude pictures after every single post last night isn't concerned about the company, he's just an entitled person with maturity issues whose probably mad because he didn't get Marvel. Some people seriously need to grow up.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  really if you can't find something in that assortment you like then a person really needs to find something else to cry about. Me, I'm shooting for Drac, wife wants Norm and hoping for Cliff Clavin to go with him.
                  The very fact that your wife ... no you necessarily, but your WIFE...wants Cheers figures proves Target might be on to something with their unlikely licensing.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                    I look at it this way: There's something for everyone, except the a--holes.
                    Well said. I'm certainly not interested in all of these properties, actually for the majority of them I am not. But a few do interest me and I'll be picking them up and looking forward to seeing what's next.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

I think blind praise can be a negative too, if you're headed toward an iceberg you don't want someone to tell you how great you're navigating the ship, but I think for the most part the reception has been pretty good. There is a nice mix of things and they seem to have tried to have "something for everyone" which is good. I have some concerns over the lack of a really strong license, and some of the products look a bit wonky, but overall I think there's some great stuff in there. Dracula is awesome, excited to get an AJ, Norm is a fun buy, Trek has some good potential, but after that most everything else is custom fodder for me. Some of it is great custom fodder, but still not necessarily where I'd want 75-80% of the new offerings to go. I'm hopeful there's a couple surprises still to come. I'd really like to see something unique and colorful and not just old people in everyday clothes. Not that old people in everyday clothes can't be fun, as NECA's Golden Girls look fantastic. But I do hope Mego can spice in a bit more variety in that regard, if not a superhero, something more vibrant.

Comment

• Gramercyplace
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jan 23, 2012

True, not everything is my cup of tea, but I feel like I’m 5 years old, and my parents have just given me a Christmas catalogue to drool over. No words can define this sensation!

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                          I think blind praise can be a negative too, if you're headed toward an iceberg you don't want someone to tell you how great you're navigating the ship, but I think for the most part the reception has been pretty good. There is a nice mix of things and they seem to have tried to have "something for everyone" which is good. I have some concerns over the lack of a really strong license, and some of the products look a bit wonky, but overall I think there's some great stuff in there. Dracula is awesome, excited to get an AJ, Norm is a fun buy, Trek has some good potential, but after that most everything else is custom fodder for me. Some of it is great custom fodder, but still not necessarily where I'd want 75-80% of the new offerings to go. I'm hopeful there's a couple surprises still to come. I'd really like to see something unique and colorful and not just old people in everyday clothes. Not that old people in everyday clothes can't be fun, as NECA's Golden Girls look fantastic. But I do hope Mego can spice in a bit more variety in that regard, if not a superhero, something more vibrant.
                          I personally wasn't calling for blind praise, just an end to emotionally immature nerd rage which I know, is probably impossible. That's far more damaging and needless than an entheusiastic person who is just satisfied. Practical voices of concern from the peanut gallery will get drowned out if you read enough rude negative statements. I've seen it first hand, a company will say "oh they hate everything" and you're permanently on the "pay no mind" list. Fans need to pick battles and they waste their time on boots and cape length.

After reading all the replies, the thing I find kind of interesting is the "experts" crawling out of the woodwork, saying XXXXX is wrong and then suggesting the weirdest, mouldliest licenses ever and there is absolutely no concensus other than it's what THEY want.

So many people think they can do better but they've never done a single licensing approval, dealt with a factory or met with a buyer. It's amazing and sometimes soul crushing how things change.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Z-man 307
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Mar 15, 2010

It's great to have a mix of characters/lines. It's just like the 1970's. I didn't buy Happy Days, Robin Hood, or WOZ, but I wasn't upset that they existed.

Overall, its great to make Mego back in our lives! It's been 35 years and there's nothing better than buying an action figure in a retail store! I can't wait until the 29th!

Comment

• Mary Canary
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by palitoy
                              I personally wasn't calling for blind praise, just an end to emotionally immature nerd rage which is probably pointless. That's more damaging and needless than an entheusiastic person who is just satisfied. Practical voices of concern from the peanut gallery will get drowned out if you read enough rude negative statements. I've seen it first hand.

After reading all the replies, the thing I find kind of interesting is the "experts" crawling out of the woodwork, saying XXXXX is wrong and then suggesting the weirdest, mouldliest licenses ever and there is absolutely no concensus other than it's what THEY want.

So many people think they can do better but they've never done a single licensing approval, dealt with a factory or met with a buyer. It's amazing and sometimes soul crushing how things change.
                              I hate that you sound so discouraged.
                              Don't let the haters get to you.
                              Like you said, some people are never happy no matter what.
                              I think a lot of people are excited.
                              Sometimes the ignorant people just end up being the loudest.
                              And it's TOYS!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                                Moderation Engineer
                                • Aug 14, 2003

Marty and Paul know what they're doing. There's no problem that any of us are going to see that they won't see first. They've cast a wide net covering multiple demographics, and the exposure they'll get at Target via both brick and mortar and online can't be beat. So far, so good I say.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎