X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

First Look: Joe Namath by Mego

Exclusive: The Mego limited Edition Joe Namath figure is limited to 300 units and only available at SDCC (booth 830). Get it signed this Friday.
    SDCC- This exclusive Joe Namath 14″ figure is limited to 300 units and only available at the Mego Booth (#830) at San Diego Comic Con. Better still you can get Joe himself to sign it as he’s the special guest at the Mego panel at SDCC this Friday. Marty Abrams, CEO of Mego Corp., speaks…Read more →
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • ZombieJimC
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 12, 2014

I like him in the fur.

Comment

• marcia29
      • Jul 13, 2018

I was there at the Mego booth first thing last night and the booth was empty. I was so sad.

Comment

• KOMonger
        Banned
        • Feb 17, 2015

Their reveals for the year and panel (plus guest Joe Namath) are scheduled for Friday 1pm at Room 32AB, with limited quantity of figures available to buy at Booth 830 afterward.

But it's unclear if this is a one-day-only affair. (I haven't read all the posts on Facebook).

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

Looks good! The first time I saw the original figure was in the display room at the MegoCon when it was in NYC.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Nice homage to the original.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• marcia29
              • Jul 13, 2018

For those going to the Mego Panel, Went to the Mego booth yesterday! Great seeing everything. Was told the Namath doll is $150, which includes Joe Namath's autograph, and that the doll was sold only with the autograph.

Comment

• SWCWorld
                Museum Patron
                • Aug 10, 2011

Hmmm...wonder how many will hit eBay after the SDCC ends and what they'll bring? I assume from the packaging that the Joe figure does not come with his football uniform; just the street clothes and fur coat?

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by SWCWorld
                  Hmmm...wonder how many will hit eBay after the SDCC ends and what they'll bring? I assume from the packaging that the Joe figure does not come with his football uniform; just the street clothes and fur coat?
                  Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed about him not including his NY Jets uniform and helmet, or just making another one in football
                  outfit, and the only ones you can get are the pre-autograph ones for $150, pretty lame and I have to admit greedy, the scum bags on eBay will be all over this. I don think that's very fair to the folks who might want this and now have to cough up $150 bucks or more on eBay, plus shipping for something that would have been around $20-25 bucks without the autograph.

Comment

• pmwasson
                    Maker
                    • Sep 12, 2007

sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

Wow, they already doubled the price, not including $20 for shipping.

- Ian
                      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Did I say $150 bucks? boy was I off, how frigging disgusting, eBay seller scum bag, I have a good mind bidding then retracting my bid last minute just to p**s them off, then message them and tell them there scum bags, then contact eBay and file a complaint. But the sad thing is someone might actually buy this, thinking its a bargain, why should eBay care as long as they get there seller fee percentage.

Comment

• warlock664
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                          Did I say $150 bucks? boy was I off, how frigging disgusting, eBay seller scum bag, I have a good mind bidding then retracting my bid last minute just to p**s them off, then message them and tell them there scum bags, then contact eBay and file a complaint. But the sad thing is someone might actually buy this, thinking its a bargain, why should eBay care as long as they get there seller fee percentage.
                          I understand the frustration, but ... file a complaint? For what?
                          As irritating as it is, there's nothing illegal about buying something and listing it for sale at an inflated price. That's free enterprise. And it isn't like it's food, water, or oxygen. It's a toy.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by warlock664
                            As irritating as it is, there's nothing illegal about buying something and listing it for sale at an inflated price. That's free enterprise. And it isn't like it's food, water, or oxygen. It's a toy.
                            I have to agree. It's worth what someone will pay. $300 is cheaper than getting a ticket to SDCC, probable plane ticket and hotel room, then getting the autographed figure. For someone in the middle of the country, it might well be a bargain.
                            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by warlock664
                              Yes your right about filing a complaint and that its all legal, that's why I said that someone would probably buy this anyway, and all eBay cares about is getting there sellers fee percentage, it's just the principal of it all.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎