• LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

She should be wearing blue eye-shadow.

Comment

• BATMAN89
      Mego obsessed!!!
      • Jul 20, 2010

I like these dolls, because we need more choices of female heads for customs!
      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I'm wondering if maybe time played a factor in the way the head looks. By that I mean how much time did they have to get the head sculpted? Was it a rush job or did they take their time in making it?

Comment

• Mary Canary
          Career Member
          • Jun 21, 2017

I do wish they had resized/reused the earlier Hasbro head sculpts, as I thought those were nicely done faces! That would have been really cool. I still think there has to be a "licensing / actor likeness approval" thing involved. It could be a timing issue, like jwyblejr said. Maybe they just didn't have time to get everything approved, or maybe they tried and didn't hear back. But it does seem like that explains the actresses not appearing on the package.

But it is what it is... and I'm still excited for new Charlie's Angels toys. Now I want to watch the episodes again!

I noticed people posting pics of the Zod and Wonder Woman figures that they've already purchased at Target, and the in-hand photos look so much better than the promo/prototype photos that Mego released. Perhaps it will be the same with Charlie's Angels. If not, well, I can add blue eye shadow and feather their hair if need be, LOL. I'm torn between wishing they'd gone with the Hasbro-style culottes jumpsuits and digging the pink sweater and flared pants. I've seen comments online: "Kelly would never wear that!" As if they've kept track of every outfit she wore on the show.

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

I'm glad they didn't do the jumpsuits again. I have a "been there/done that" type attitude about that. I already have those Hasbro dolls figures.
            I don't have a problem with the new outfit, and I do think it's something similar to what she wore on the show--just not in the color pink. At least it's original.
            I might end up buying this after all because like you said, it's NEW angel toys, and they might introduce another angel in their next wave!
            She wore this purple sweater in one episode:

And here are the white bell-bottom slacks.

Comment

• Mary Canary
              Career Member
              • Jun 21, 2017

^ I don't have the Hasbro dolls, just memories of always loving a childhood Farrah in that white jumpsuit and always liking the way they were released in matching clothes.
              So this would have been my chance for an updated version, yknow?
              But I am ok with the clothes she has on. It looks like an Angels outfit to me.
              I guess they could have put her in a slinky dress and a big hat, maybe some sunglasses as a disguise.
              Kelly was always the classy one, to me. Sabrina will come in a turtleneck. (Not that I don't love Sabrina, I do... it's just her trademark look, LOL!)

Comment

• RonnyG
                Career Member
                • Apr 23, 2014

Remember the "Angels on the Street" episode???
                Satin pants and Halter tops would've been nice outfits for breaking up a Mego prostitution ring. lol

Comment

• Mary Canary
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 21, 2017

^ They look gorgeous!

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                    Career Member
                    • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                    I'm dyin', Y'ALL!! I love it!! Jacklyn Smith!!
                    Please don't die. They're just action figures. Totally not worth you death...
                    "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                      Career Member
                      • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by RonnyG
                      I'm glad they didn't do the jumpsuits again. I have a "been there/done that" type attitude about that. I already have those Hasbro dolls figures.
                      I don't have a problem with the new outfit, and I do think it's something similar to what she wore on the show--just not in the color pink. At least it's original.
                      I might end up buying this after all because like you said, it's NEW angel toys, and they might introduce another angel in their next wave!
                      She wore this purple sweater in one episode:

And here are the white bell-bottom slacks.
                      I forgot just how hot Cheryl Ladd was. What a little hottie. Yummy!

Comment

• Mary Canary
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
                        Please don't die. They're just action figures. Totally not worth you death...
                        I recovered, LOL. It was just a very unexpected announcement!

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                          Career Member
                          • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Falstaff13
                          Absolutely--including Vampira.

I also love the suggestion of a Bosley figure.
                          Don't forget Elvira Mistress of the dark.
                          elvira.jpg
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                            Career Member
                            • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by mary canary
                            i recovered, lol. It was just a very unexpected announcement!
                            bwahahahahahahaha!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23278[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Mary Canary
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 21, 2017

I think Bosley would be fun, especially if he comes with Charlie (a little speaker).

I do like Elvira. I wouldn't buy her, but she's always an amazing entertainer and would make a good figure!

Comment

• TrekStar
                                Trek or Treat
                                • Jan 20, 2011

The Hasbro Angels were unique, and I did think the likness of them were very good considering it was 1970's manufacturing
                                and 40 years later with better technology I would think we would have seen a little better improvement on sculpts, but heck
                                mego is back and we're getting Charlie's Angels and in actual outfits not jumpsuits.

When the other gals of the Townsend detective agency are released, Sabrina, Kris and Jill, I'm curious on what outfits
                                they will be wearing, someone mentioned a turtleneck for Sabrina which makes sense, Farrah might look good in white
                                slacks and white blouse, not sure for Cheryl Ladd maybe a jogging outfit? and of course good ole Bosely in shirt and tie.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎