Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

I'm guessing licensing issues are preventing this from looking anything like Jaclyn Smith? Too bad, the old Hasbro doll had a wonderful sculpt of her, but I get it, likeness rights are a lot trickier these days.

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Some great custom potential here. Plus I need that sweater for my Mego Ed Wood.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by ODBJBG
        Some great custom potential here. Plus I need that sweater for my Mego Ed Wood.
        Holy crap, imagine an Ed Wood line? Along with him they could do Tor Johnson, Criswell, Bunny Brenkinridge, Bela (considering they have the Lugosi license), the mind boggles!

Comment

• Timothy2251
          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
          • Mar 15, 2008

Kind of considering turning her into a Lois Lane custom. I'll probably buy an extra for just that purpose.
          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

Someone on the CharliesAngels.com facebook group posted that all 6 Angels are going to be released! I don't know where he got his information, but if it's true, I'm in. It's all or nothing for me.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by RonnyG
              Someone on the CharliesAngels.com facebook group posted that all 6 Angels are going to be released! I don't know where he got his information, but if it's true, I'm in. It's all or nothing for me.
              That would be cool, but curious on how good the face likeness will be, since the Jaclyn Smith sculpt doesn't much look like her, it's more generic.

I hope they make a John Bosley (David Doyle) figure to go with them and possibly Charlie Townsend.

Comment

• RonnyG
                Career Member
                • Apr 23, 2014

Well, I'm guessing they probably will all be generic looking. I'm disappointed, too. I wish they looked like the actresses, but I guess they need to get the actresses's permission to use their likeness and it probably costs more to do so. I think they capture the essence of the character--not the actress.
                At least this way, they can use the same face sculpt on all their female characters. The Peg Bundy looks like the same head mold as Kelly Garrett. They just changed the hair color and painted different shaped eyes on it. Its less work for them this way instead of sculpting a new head for each figure. Just put them in an outfit like the characters and slap the show's logo on it, and people will buy it if they're fans of the show.
                And when I think of it, it's not so bad. I mean, look at those Funko Pop figures. Those figures are practically all the same shape and size (big heads, little bodies), just painted differently. They looked nothing like the person, but they capture the essence of the character, and they're so popular.

Comment

• RonnyG
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 23, 2014

In the Mego catalog, it specifically says, "the figure is modeled after Jaclyn Smith." Really???

Comment

• RonnyG
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 23, 2014

A close up of Kelly from Target's website.

Comment

• wise guy
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 29, 2014

It looks very close to the Piper Halliwell head . Are all 6 Angels going have the same head ?
                      I would like to buy some Mego figures but this is limiting me to Star Trek, Dracula and AJ.
                      When Figures Toys does something cheap like this the complaints start flying ,but when
                      Mego does this it's O.K. because it's Mego. I have an original Charlies Angel Cheryl Ladd
                      ( and although not perfect )the head is far closer to the actress

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm a little surprised that they didn't try to resized the earlier sculpts. Other companies have done it.

I think these will sell well as generic females, but I understand concerns about the likeness. I don't think they look cheap, and I don't see an overt similarity between Piper and Kelly.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 21, '18, 5:45 PM.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by cjefferys
                          Holy crap, imagine an Ed Wood line? Along with him they could do Tor Johnson, Criswell, Bunny Brenkinridge, Bela (considering they have the Lugosi license), the mind boggles!
                          Absolutely--including Vampira.

I also love the suggestion of a Bosley figure.
                          Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                          Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by wise guy
                            It looks very close to the Piper Halliwell head . Are all 6 Angels going have the same head ?
                            I would like to buy some Mego figures but this is limiting me to Star Trek, Dracula and AJ.
                            When Figures Toys does something cheap like this the complaints start flying ,but when
                            Mego does this it's O.K. because it's Mego. I have an original Charlies Angel Cheryl Ladd
                            ( and although not perfect )the head is far closer to the actress
                            In fairness, FTC often simply re-uses an old headsculpt. At least here, the headsculpts are unique, if not spot on.

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Not to mention having better paint jobs on the eyes.
                              JediJaida

Comment

• wise guy
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 29, 2014

These do have better eyes than Figures females but Farrah is going to be a tough one to
                                pull off

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎