X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

First Look: Mego Charlie's Angels

We’re happy to be the first to show you the Kelly Garrett figure from the “Marty Abrams presents Mego” line of Charlie’s Angels action figures headed to Target stores this July. Kelly will retail for $14.99 and will be available in very LIMITED quantities at booth #830 at San Diego Comic Con right now. The…Read more →
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Mary Canary
    Career Member
    • Jun 21, 2017

I'm dyin', Y'ALL!! I love it!! Jacklyn Smith!!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I want a Farrah figure.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

More guests for my Brick Mantooth Dida display!

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

That seems like a smart choice.

Comment

• cdhall
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 14, 2004

McCoy is going to need M'Benga to help manage the nursing staff on the Enterprise.
            Mercy.
            Scotty may get a few new ladies in Engineering.
            Mego needs to release Chapel for the Blue and someone in Gold so I can spread them around. I forsee selling some Charlie's Angels Mego clothing on eBay LOL.
            If only I knew how to give the males Trek sideburns... I'd have 400 crewmen on the Enterprise.
            —-
            “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
            - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
            - Captain Spock
            https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I notice there isn't a picture Jaclyn Smith on the Angels card. Does that mean they have rights to the characters from the TV show but not the actress likeness?
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mary Canary
                Career Member
                • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by Werewolf
                I notice there isn't a picture Jaclyn Smith on the Angels card. Does that mean they have rights to the characters from the TV show but not the actress likeness?
                I would think that's probably the case. The old dolls definitely looked more like the actresses. I certainly would have preferred she look more like Jacklyn Smith, and I would have loved if she had been dressed in the classic kulottes jumpsuit like the old dolls. But the novelty of this is too cool that I'm on board anyway!

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

And this shows we'll be getting distinct head sculpts for the Mego ladies. Sharp details, and, while it may not be an exact likeness, the face shape and nose are pretty dead on, though the nose should be a tad bigger. But it's really in line with what Mego did back in the day; most likenesses weren't perfect, but still evoked the person it was based on. May be they don't have the likeness rights outright, but it is close enough to make me wonder. Even so, Securing likeness rights to old shows like this is sometimes a nightmare, unless the owner of the rights pulls everything together themselves, as Warners did with Batman '66 (and even there, they almost didn't get Yvonne Craig and never did get rights to do Neil Hamilton's Gordon). Also looks like Mego might be taking a cue from FTC and making some female feet designed for high heels. It seems the shoes slip on the feet here, though I can't be sure from the pics. There's some small flesh part above one shoe, but it's hard to see if the shoe is a separate piece or like a Trek male leg with the shoe as part of the leg with the shoe painted brown. Either way, it's something else new for Megos.
                  Last edited by scott metzger; Jul 18, '18, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                    I want a Farrah figure.

Me too!
                    sigpic

Comment

• wise guy
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 29, 2014

This does not look like Jaclyn Smith at all and explains why she is not on card.
                      It's more of a generic female figure , that sucks for those of us that wanted these

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody else think of the Goodfellas Karen quote, ………" They look beat up, and the stuff they wore was thrown together and cheap: a lot of pantsuits and double knits."

Comment

• Mary Canary
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 21, 2017

Why do people have to say it sucks?
                          I was not even expecting Charlie's Angels!!
                          I'm so excited, y'all!!
                          Sure, I would have liked them have the Hasbro faces and the Hasbro jumpsuits, but it's still pretty nifty to see Charlie's Angels figures in 2018!
                          At least to meeeee...

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                            Career Member
                            • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                            I would think that's probably the case. The old dolls definitely looked more like the actresses. I certainly would have preferred she look more like Jacklyn Smith, and I would have loved if she had been dressed in the classic kulottes jumpsuit like the old dolls. But the novelty of this is too cool that I'm on board anyway!
                            Agreed. The classic sculpts are spot on but the heads were too large. I'll get these for customs.
                            "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• hobub
                              Ghost of a Dead Indian
                              • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                              More guests for my Brick Mantooth Dida display!
                              Since were talking mantooths here. Are we going to get “Emergency!” I always loved the show and could get the doc brackett to customize into a Laramie fig.

Joking aside, not sure about this sculpt compared to the hasbro. But you are right, it does stay consistent with old mego,
                              but they were not actual actresses for the most part.
                              Last edited by hobub; Jul 19, '18, 7:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎