Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Yes as I said, I think they could totally do that--perhaps even Lincoln monsters.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
      Career Member
      • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by The Bat
      Again, my thought was Mego Corp. could do Generic Monsters: a Werewolf, a Mummy, or a Sea Creature(but not the Creature from the Black Lagoon)but an original design? Someone else here mentioned The Monster Squad...they had a Creature. So, something along those lines?
      Absolutely. They could do an original design with no problem. I believe Frankenstein, Dracula an other names are open names. "License free"
      "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

I'd love an all new generic line of monsters from Mego. It'd bring back fond memories of my Mad Monsters and Azrak/AHi Super Monsters from when I was a kid!
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

There are a couple of Creeches...obviously there is the original Mego Creech substitute ...the Neptunian from the Trek line. An alternate suit would work. Then the Creech from Shape Of Water comes to mind. I remember GDT saying the idea came to him as a retelling of CFTBL as a love story.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

Bimphabs...from the Aquaman cartoon...

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

It’s no surprise that this one is selling so quickly. I’d bet you’ll see him produced, again, soon, if possible.

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

So how many targets broke the seals? I have seen several new Megos on eBay ...

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

True...they could be from the con....just a quick stroll thru eBay...seems like a heavier number than usual of sideshow, exclusive premiere, ftc, and flattworld draculas are showing up.

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jan 22, 2018

I hope that the Bela Draculas haven't sold out, I don't see them on Target's website. Really hoping to get one of these!
                    https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• cdhall
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by Psykodelik Vampyre
                      I hope that the Bela Draculas haven't sold out, I don't see them on Target's website. Really hoping to get one of these!
                      Messsge me if you “need” one. I decided not to get 9709/10000 just now.
                      —-
                      “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                      - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                      - Captain Spock
                      https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• Falstaff13
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 28, 2008

"Need" is a strong word. Do want, but "need"?
                        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Has anyone checked on the peg they've seen Bela on? Does it list him with a "UM" anywhere?

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

Bela won't have a UM mark on it. From what I can gather...

The Lugosi estate never signed/got out of their Universal deal around twenty years ago. Universal then issued a bible design for the generic monsters. Flatt and one other were the first to make Lugosi figures licensed by Bela Jr. When EMCE/DST did their UM monsters, they had to follow the Universal guidelines. With Mego, they signed a deal with Lugosi, but that means they can't use the Universal Dracula character marks. So, no red cape lining etc...

With the next run of Mego monsters, they'll fall under the UM banner as the Chaney and Karloff estates have royalty agreements. These will most likely be the DST releases, with some alterations. IIRC, this is how Sideshow approached their 8" Dracula and UM line.

I would think Wave 3 UM is then Creech and a Mummy. I'm hoping for a non-Karloff Mummy this time.

I would love a Hammer line, but I have to believe the Cushing and Lee estates are going to want royalties. Maybe post-Target exclusive Doc could do a Mad Monster line that is really darn close.

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

I ask because Target apparently lists it in the system as "Mego Universal Studios Monsters Bela Lugosi Dracula Action Figure 8"." Of course. given Target's screwy re-coding of everything in their inventory, that may not mean much. As far as figures go, I think it would be kind of cool to see something like Chaney as the big four: the Wolfman, Frankenstein monster, Son of Dracula and the Mummy. Don't know if anyone has ever done that in one set/style.

Comment

• hedrap
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 10, 2009

^Ya know, I just looked up the old Sideshow packaging and I was wrong. Their Dracula did come emblazoned with the UM logo. So it was possible to merge the two if you get dual agreements. I'm wondering if it's predicated on the two sides agreeing to split the royalty or it requires more royalty to pay out.

A Chaney Mummy - one eye, arm bandaged to chest - is way more Mummy aesthetically than Karloff.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎