X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Mondo 1/6 scale MOTU at SDCC

They been showing these for years now. They are finally supposed to be close to production. We'll see.

Mondo has been teasing releases, sharing photos, and display figures at various conventions for their Masters of the Universe 1/6 Scale Figures. It looks like the first two releases are just about ready to go, and will be on hand at San Diego Comic-Con 2018. Mondo has shared a new look at their upcoming He-Man...

Skeletor looks worse than the protos. He looks cross eyed and his hood is way too far back.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Yikes...they really botched both of them. He-Man looks like a long haired Ken doll.

Well, I just saved some money...so there is that.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I think the problem with He-Man is that Jay Leno jaw line they gave him.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Merman and Faker pics. Not really feeling Merman's design to be honest. A bit too froggy.

Here are the 1/6 Scale Figures on display at the Mondo booth from San Diego Comic-Con 2018. Included here are their figures from Batman: The animated Series, Masters of the Universe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, God of War, their Mondo Mecha and More. Added photos from the Previews booth for MOTU as well. Read on...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, Merman looks like he's about to break out into "It's Not Easy Being Green".

These are nice looking, but why do original designs at this scale and price point? Homage the toys, cartoons, mini-comics, SOMETHING. Same thing with Sideshow's deluxe 12" DC figures. It makes no sense to me.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Mer-Man was my most anticipated figure and they turned him into a Muppet.

Perhaps he'll have an extra head like He-Man and Skeletor. I'm more interested in those now that they come with classic toy heads.

The barnacles on Mer-Man's armor are pretty cool though.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎