Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

I think Mego is being gutsy to attempt the 14" option. I loved the 14" Batman Returns Kenner figure, back in the day; it was its own unique scale, and I absolutely loved it. The scale was done again by Kenner for the Batman &Robin movie. DC Direct did 13 Inch Deluxe Collector Figures, and I loved those too, despite the scale (being a bit taller than Mego's 12+" figures). Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It's Mego. It's awesome. Just because it is. I love those Batman and General Zod pics. Mego's back. Amen.
    Last edited by comicmike; Jul 17, '18, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Batman and General Zod look incredible and are must buys for me...the gals, not so much.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

I just realized...why does Zod come with a big old chunk of Kryptonite? It would kill him too! LOL

Comment

• Mary Canary
          Career Member
          • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by enyawd72
          I just realized...why does Zod come with a big old chunk of Kryptonite? It would kill him too! LOL
          I was just thinking the same thing about the Kryptonite.

I think I do want Zod. I always loved that costume/look for the character. Sort of a blend of classic comic book and the original Superman movies. I predict of the 4, he will be the slowest seller and hopefully I'll be able to get mine.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 12, 2014

I like Batman and Zod.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 12, 2014

This would be cool for a Giant Man custom.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by enyawd72
                That is pretty funny! Maybe it's just replica Kryptonite from the Warner Brothers store and he's just trying to psyche Superman out!
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Disappointed Batman doesn't have the yellow oval. But other than that they look great.
                  Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 17, '18, 5:07 PM.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 14, 2012

I'm assuming that these are 14 inches because every other size figure is already licensed by some other company. So if Mego wanted DC characters, 14 inches was probably their only option. I think they look pretty good. Not perfect, but pretty good. And the price is right. I plan on buying all 4 of them.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Batman and Zod look nice. WW looks very Megoesque. Harley is okay. But at this price point, these all look pretty good. We're not going to get Hot Toys level for $20. If the quality is there for almost twice the size as FTC and 2/3 of the price, I won't complain.

Chris
                      Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Jul 17, '18, 1:56 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

I think these looks good. Hopefully they sell well and pave the way for an 8 inch superhero line.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

I guess I will withhold judgement until I either see better pictures, or see them in Target.

I do find it odd that they are releasing General Zod without a Superman. Three females in a four figure wave is probably not a good thing, and Harley Quinn is a hot property that goes with Batman, but it seems like Nubia or another Wonder Woman character would have made more sense. I'll be ticked if I pick up Zod and there is never a Superman to go with him.

Black Batman gives me hope of a Blue Batman (along with Superman, since Zod is coming). And he will have a capsule belt. It's funny how many Classic Blue Batmans these days do not have the capsule belt.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

I like all 4 of these. DC 14" is main line I want and super at $19.99! I like how Warner and DC are flexible with DC action figures, different scales with different companies.

Does Hasbro Marvel and Star Wars licenses go to or thru 2020? I hope MEGO can make a deal with Disney by then for both at least 14".

Comment

• cjefferys
                              Duke of Gloat
                              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Mary Canary

Someone else commented that this new figure looks like Celine Dion, and now I can't stop seeing it.
                              Holy crap, I see it too now. I like it except for the face sculpt.

Cool to see that the Zod is indeed like the original Mego one, right down to the boots it looks like, except no gun or wrist bands and he seems to be on a more muscular body, like Supes and Jor-El were.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by cjefferys
                                Holy crap, I see it too now. I like it except for the face sculpt.

Cool to see that the Zod is indeed like the original Mego one, right down to the boots it looks like, except no gun or wrist bands and he seems to be on a more muscular body, like Supes and Jor-El were.
                                Oh you're right, I didn't notice no gun or cuffs. I wonder if these are prototype figures or the finished version. I mean it's not a huge deal if there's no gun pouch, but I always liked that detail.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎