X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
    Museum Chaplain
    • Nov 26, 2002

Mego Warehouse Returns- Star Trek Tricorders

Hello fellow Megoheads! Long time, no talk! My apologies for being MIA for these many years but happy to see my login still works and hope you are all doing great!

The reason I'm posting now is that, as those that have been around awhile will remember, in the old days there was a time when Bill McFarland (MegoWee) and I got access to the old Mego Bohemia Warehouse and found evidence of our beloved Mego Corp stamped on the walls and elsewhere which led to a bit of an obsession on my part to find out more about it. As the Good Lord would have it, my passion was rewarded when I later found the discovery of my life, which was the entire department store return inventory for Mego Start Trek tricorders from said warehouse, which consisted of more than 180 or so of the life sized Mego Tricorder cassette tape players and some other knick knacks. This story was documented on here and also on my lame website www.superunderdoggie.com.

At one point I was laboriously going through them one by one, replacing "C" size batteries and melted belts when needed, and generally thinning the herd by donating and/or selling them when I found time. Fast forward to today and I have not done anything at all with them in many years and they are still sitting in storage. Not sure what the value is today but in the past they would go for around $35-$50 for "not working" and $100-$125 or so for "working" with tape.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that I think I'm ready to pass the torch if someone is interested in purchasing the entire collection (or the majority of it as I would probably hold a dozen or so back for myself). I have not taken inventory for a long time but let's say I have at least 50 left and possibly even 100....I'd have to look My current thinking is to price them as a lot at the "not working" price, but a lot of them I'm sure will work if tested or with minor tweaks (like replacing the rubber belts) so there is a lot of upside for anyone that likes to flip things.

Anyway, that's what I got. I may be posting some other stuff so if there is anything you know I have that you want please send me a PM. I have shipping containers for Wizard of Oz with a bunch of Boxed dolls, a lot of oddball Mego items, and the only WGSH shipping container known to exist in the world (featured in Ben Holcomb's book).

Oh, last thing on the tricorders, I apologize but not looking to sell them piecemeal. I have donated them in the past and hooked up members here, but I just don't have the time to start shipping individual tricorders again. My apologies!
    "God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"
  • Other Worlds
    • Feb 8, 2009

Please PM me to discuss.

Thank you.

Comment

• boss
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 18, 2003

Good to see you again.
      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Here's the link to that epic story. http://megomuseum.com/community/show...ed%85-Or-Is-It

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

I remember reading that story way back when but it is still very cool to read again. I also found it sad how many people who commented on that thread have since been banned or no longer come around.

Comment

• Other Worlds
            • Feb 8, 2009

Sent you another PM.

Please reply.

Thank you.

Comment

• glimpy
              Loco Chango
              • Feb 5, 2012

Too cool
              sigpic