X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZombieJimC
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 12, 2014

8inch superstore

Does anyone know when this will be back? It says its down for maintenance.
  • kept back
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 2, 2002

The original date was 7-5. Not sure what happened.
    Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• cdhall
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 14, 2004

These Type S bodies are good and these people are reliable?

The Cat in the Hat guy was getting a lot of hate when I was on here a few years ago as I recall.

Same guy?
      —-
      “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
      - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
      - Captain Spock
      https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Good grief.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Uh...he's involved with the Mego relaunch so I'll assume he's prepping for that.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by hedrap
            Uh...he's involved with the Mego relaunch so I'll assume he's prepping for that.
            Who is involved with the relaunch? David Lee? I thought David owned 8inch superstore?

Comment

• cdhall
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap
              That’s what I was thinking but I haven’t seen anyone post to that effect. Actions Jackson is coming back and he owns AJ right?
              PNGwynne seems to think it was fantastically stupid of me to have asked a question but I would have thought that with the 2-3 separate posts on 2-3 separate threads wondering what happened to the 8inch Superstore, that someone on here would have posted a reply by now. Especially since someone posted that the site was due to be up 13 days ago.

That’s why I posted the question that I did, I’d have to go look but a few years ago there was a lot of hating on here about people not releasing on time or delivering on time or delivering poor quality and as I recall I just stuck with Doc because I couldn’t keep the other guys straight.

I’m hoping Marty will get it right but other posts indicate that the bodies may be inferior.

So... I was thinking that but f the Type S body was really great, I’d get at least one and see about that being a fix to Green Lantern and Sinestro if I can find them and that being an exercise in preparation to deal with new Mego bodies if they aren’t up to snuff.

But I see I won’t need to ask PNGwynne for any help including news. I wonder if he’s a reason I left last time?

I only came back because I saw the Mego announcement on Facebook and I thought I’d learn more here. As I stated elsewhere, the Green Lantern batch (Mattel?) were criminally flawed and I was disappointed in the Trek (Emce/Doc) boots being hollow even though I bought at least one of each Trek figure and many Scottys. As I recall I used to have a Ensign and a Lt Scotty as Security/Extras. I’m wondering if they’ll release Kyle and a couple thervRed Shirts and if I’ll need to get good at swapping bodies. I’m already auditioning a seamstress just in case...
              —-
              - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

David Lee who used to run (or technically still does) Cast-a-Way runs 8InchSuperStore. He's been known to go AWOL from time to time when things get busy. I'm sure the store will be back eventually. Despite occasionally disappearing, you can trust the site, he always delivers.

Craig of Zica was in business with him for a bit, but I believe they are totally separate now. Craig had control of the molds, or some of them and sold them to KC's Galloping Gals. They have Type S bodies up for pre-order.

Craig used to sell them direct on Ebay, but I think he's entirely out of the Mego game.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• cdhall
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                  David Lee who used to run (or technically still does) Cast-a-Way runs 8InchSuperStore. He's been known to go AWOL from time to time when things get busy. I'm sure the store will be back eventually. Despite occasionally disappearing, you can trust the site, he always delivers.

Craig of Zica was in business with him for a bit, but I believe they are totally separate now. Craig had control of the molds, or some of them and sold them to KC's Galloping Gals. They have Type S bodies up for pre-order.

Craig used to sell them direct on Ebay, but I think he's entirely out of the Mego game.

Hope that helps.
                  I think I recently saw a video by David on his Kickstarter (5 yr old video?/Kickstarter?) about the Type S and I thought he said he and Craig were partners but with the 8inch Superstore website down and not enough skill to sort through the museum and see what happened I can't tell what is current.

I'm assuming the Type S bodies were released and big hit and may still be for sale when the site comes up.

I don't know what to make of Doc's 5 year old thread about his new body. It isn't being used for the current Mego's because Target was in a hurry? I guess I will know a lot more on Monday the 23rd? I'm hoping there will many posts from SDCC this weekend but on the other hand I don't want to be at my computer all weekend or checking my phone in the car...

And thank you for the reply and info ODBJBG.
                  Last edited by cdhall; Jul 18, '18, 9:52 PM. Reason: Thank ODBJBG
                  —-
                  - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

Craig and David were in business together for a while. They are no longer. Craig did run the 8InchSuperstore as well, but when they split, David got the store and as far as I know they both shared the molds.

Type-S was released, was a huge success. For a while Craig sold them on his Ebay page and David sold them through the 8InchSuperstore. Both did multiple runs of the figures.

Craig got out of the Mego business to focus on his 3 3/4 stuff and recently sold his molds to KC's Galloping Gals.

As far as I know, the 8InchSuperstore will still have Type-S bodies for sale when they reopen, but it's all David now and as I mentioned before, he does occasionally disappear for a bit. I'm sure when he's back, the store will reopen and Type-S Bodies will become available again.

Doc's 5 Year old thread is just that. An old thread. He never released a new body and that body is not what's on the new Megos. They appear to be using classic EMCE bodies. Given that Doc is now in business with Mego, I doubt we're going to see that "new" body ever.

As someone who owns a ton of Type-S bodies, they are to me hands down the best bodies available. So if I were you, I'd definitely order some. It's just going to take a bit of patience, as KC doesn't have the bodies yet and David's AWOL for a bit. But when he comes back, order away.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

KC's Galloping Gals is Mrs. Jason Schiermeier - aka one half of Cast-A-Way. When the bodies come in, Breyer boys and Mego gals will be able to order. David is more accessible on Facebook.

Comment

• cdhall
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 14, 2004

Thanks ODBJBG!
                        —-
                        - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• BATMAN89
                          Mego obsessed!!!
                          • Jul 20, 2010

This is the Zica section, not Cast-A-Way.
                          8 inch Superstore is Cast-A-Way, not Zica.
                          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

^Yes. I requested consideration that the thread be moved.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cdhall
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                              This is the Zica section, not Cast-A-Way.
                              8 inch Superstore is Cast-A-Way, not Zica.
                              It’s still a bit confusing to me particularly since a Zica website currently advertises Type S bodies although the link creates an infinite loop offering no bodies.

Cool with me if the thread is moved or deleted.
                              —-
                              - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍