Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

The rubber bands and the left hip are an issue and people that buy these at Target are
    not going to re string these, the will return them( if they break). I can't believe something this big and they are using old Emce bodies. I wan't original mego Type 2 bodies with
    blue trunks on these because they were much better than modern bodies
    Last edited by wise guy; Jul 16, '18, 7:27 AM.

Comment

• MEMEGO
      Career Member
      • Sep 6, 2007

WHAT,what,wHAT?

New Mego is using old Dr. Mego bodies?

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

The return of Mego needs to be perect, not have faults
      like FTC's crappy bodies.

We need them perfect, so they can succeed and more can be made.

Its the only way to stand apart from the other fake Mego junk.
      Last edited by MEMEGO; Jul 16, '18, 8:44 AM.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by wise guy
        The rubber bands and the left hip are an issue and people that buy these at Target are
        not going to re string these, the will return them( if they break). I can't believe something this big and they are using old Emce bodies. I wan't original mego Type 2 bodies with
        blue trunks on these because they were much better than modern bodies
        Problem isn't the bands (the male EMCE bodies like this haven't broken on me), it's just that the ball doesn't fit into the left socket like the right leg. Shame, because, other than that, the body is great. Flexible hands that don't break a finger or thumb off when holding an accessory, no weak knee pin to pop, and a heft that says "solid figure." If it weren't for the hip problem, they'd be as close to perfect Mego bodies as I could imagine (and I prefer the banded construction for a number of reasons). Fix the crotch piece on the left side, and Mego fans around here will be coming after me with torches and pitchforks for cleaning off the Target pegs.

Aside from that, though (not to minimize it, as it is a big problem for me), everything else looks really good. The head sculpt captures AJ to a tee, but it is much crisper than the original. Hard to tell overall from only a couple of examples what the whole line will look like, but this and Sulu appear to have some pretty sharp details and solid sculpting. And proportionality; they're in scale with the bodies and look like human heads (with the back of their skulls intact). I really want to see close-ups on some of the all-new figures like Jeannie. Anyone know who Mego has doing their head sculpts?
        Last edited by scott metzger; Jul 16, '18, 8:27 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Saw this video last night. Very intriguing! Thanks David and Brian for putting this out for us!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• wise guy
            Career Member
            • Dec 29, 2014

the sculpting on the heads is some of the best I have seen and every thing else looks great.
            I am getting these even if I have to re string

Comment

• cdhall
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 14, 2004

Didn’t David Lee do the Tyoe S body?
              Is the Type S body the superior one out today?
              Why didn’t Mego license that body?
              I bought the first wave of Mattel figures I think. I bought Luther, Green Lantern, Sinestro and someone else but returned them because the body was loose.

So is part of the release marketing “All the flaws from the 70s, just like you remember them.”

I don’t understand why Target/Mego would rush the release instead of waiting to release a marvel of 21st Century engineering.

I wonder how much longer it will be until we can 3D print our own figures with 20+ points of articulation.

Maybe I should buy a printer instead?

I’m still buying a 2 sets of Trek figures and at least 1 set of Females to put in my Trek crew, but I will return them if they are not better than the 7 Spocks I bought off eBay 10-12 years ago...

I would have bought some AJs also. Sigh.
              —-
              “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
              - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
              - Captain Spock
              https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

If I'm able to, I'll probably grab a couple of Romulan Commanders, and keep one sealed unopened and the other
                I'll transfer to a Type S body or maybe an original t-2 body, I'm guessing the neck plugs will be compatible,
                hoping also the heads are soft vinyl and not hard.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎