X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Remco Monster
    GLOWS in the Dark!
    • May 3, 2006

CTVT tan bodies?

How are they? Are they a better match to the original Mego body color than their regular flesh bodies? Talking about the China versions here. Anyone have a pic of the two side by side?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

They are not tan at all in my opinion, more like a deep ivory/light beige color. They are lighter and more yellowish than the standard FTC body.

They are nowhere near the orangish tan of a standard vintage Mego body.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 14, '18, 11:38 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Remco Monster
      GLOWS in the Dark!
      • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      They are not tan at all in my opinion, more like a deep ivory/light beige color. They are lighter and more yellowish than the standard FTC body.

They are nowhere near the orangish tan of a standard vintage Mego body.
      Thanks so much, I almost ordered a couple, assuming they were "Mego tan", but the photo on their site looked weird, so thought I better ask. Glad I did.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

You're welcome. I ordered one as a test and decided I could use if for Kull foe Thulsa Doom (with a CTVT skull head). It could also be used for a vampire, mummy, or other pale character. It's definitely an odd color.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
          Career Member
          • Nov 22, 2011

Soooo, what are our options for bodies now? I really liked the Zica but, they're gone plus they were expensive. Do we have anything that's better than Dr. Mego bodies to use for customs?
          "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Remco Monster
            GLOWS in the Dark!
            • May 3, 2006

I prefer the made in China bodies from CTVT over the Doc bodies. They feel more classic Mego to me. Only issue is they are strung a little tight, but so are Doc’s. I just restring them with O-rings that have slightly less tension.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^ I would tend to agree with this. One caveat: FTC bodies are slightly smaller (and DMs slightly bigger) than vintage bodies.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎