Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone besides me that wants Dinah mite brought back?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

There's cute MOD, and then there's OMG MOD.
    JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

All I know is, now that I've seen new Action Jackson, I'd love to have Dinah-Mite as a complement.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 4, 2011

I'd honestly prefer that Mego use their original female bodies instead of the new ones. I like the shoulders on the original ones better. They were easier to pose and the metal hooks didn't get hung up on her armpits or pop out like these can. I also prefer the original waist as opposed to the updated one though that isn't a deal breaker for me by any means. Just a preference thing. The original body with this new, attached neck would be near perfect in my book. I'm kind of a purist that way.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

I like the original bodies too; especially the Holland version of Dinah. It was darn near perfect. Longer torso, waist ball integrated into the upper body, and the elastics for the original bodies has yet to wear out in a lot of cases. Just lose the melon noggin, update the wardrobe, and she's good to go.
          JediJaida

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

It just occurred to me that Mego can still do the 12 inch foll gig, as long as they aren't any of the licensed properties. They can do 12 inc Dinah and Action Jackson, and make them compatible with the 12 inch doll clothing options that are on the internet.
            JediJaida

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

It just occurred to me that Mego can still do the 12 inch foll gig, as long as they aren't any of the licensed properties. They can do 12 inc Dinah and Action Jackson, and make them compatible with the 12 inch doll clothing options that are on the internet.
              JediJaida

Comment

• Timothy2251
                Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by JediJaida
                The way you think - I like it!
                "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by JediJaida
                  Well that is frikkin' BRILLIANT! Can you imagine how cool that would be?

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Sorry about the multiple posts.

But yes, it would be extremely cool.

Either blow up the body used in Holland to 12 inches or use the body Doc was working on a couple of years back blown up to 12 inches.

Just make sure the head is in the right proportion, and make sure that she can fit into the outfits available for that size.

Also, make sure that there are clothing patterns made for those of us that like to sew from scratch.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      All I know is, now that I've seen new Action Jackson, I'd love to have Dinah-Mite as a complement.
                      I completely agree. I love non-licensed character toys. Jackson needs a friend. I never owned a Dinah Mite. I’d love to get a new one, and I’d love for kids to have the opportunity to find them on the pegs at Target.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

The vintage Dinah dolls on ebay can be pretty good, depending upon how picky you are. Nudge figures are relatively cheap, while NIB figures are more expensive.

The AA Dinah and Spa Dinah are even more expensive due to their being somewhat rare.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

We could possibly push for fairy tale outfits, as long as they don't resemble anything to do with Disney.

Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, etc., could all be dressed in completely different outfits.

Cindy and Beauty could wear stuff from the Baroque period. Belle could wear late 17th to early 18th century stuff.
                          JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎