Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone besides me that wants Dinah mite brought back?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

A very rude,doll.not really it was the Dinah sold as supergirl ( not the hero ) in Holland .she stands a bit taller then standard
    Dinah sold here in the us.her torso is longer.which makes her taller.i bought a couple of these.its a rather nice Dinah.i think
    The best Dinah is the health spa Dinah.would like ro see any Dinah by mego corp.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Thanks--I had bought a Spa Dinah for a custom Guinevere and had wondered about the difference.

Back on topic, I'd like a repro Dinah in a larger boxed set with a couple of outfits.
      I just checked out the ad circular for 1975, and next to King Arthur was a Health Spa Dinah dressed as Guinevere
      JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, that's also in the Mego catalog page featured in the museum gallery. That's where I "stole" the idea.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cdhall
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 14, 2004

They should make a female, I’m assuming Dinah was like Action Jackson.
          They should then sell loose female Trek Uniforms so we could get some ladies in uniform on the USS Enterprise.
          Several races would be great. Caucasian, African, Asian, Latin. Brunette, Redhead, Blonde. I’d put 7-8 on active duty.
          I guess since there is a dearth of females, if they sold a six pack or twelve pack of mixed ladies and I could buy Trek uniforms for them, I’d buy six or twelve and commission them immediately.

Mego does need a display case...

I have a thought right now of buying a large clear storage container like the one my Enterprise Playset is stored in and customizing it to be the Rec Room or some other large area of the Enterprise. So I can store these in a way that I can see them.

Laser Mego makes a stand to help me display everyone standing up in a secure way, yes? I’ll go look.
          —-
          “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
          - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
          - Captain Spock
          https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• cdhall
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by cdhall
            Laser Mego makes a stand to help me display everyone standing up in a secure way, yes? I’ll go look.
            I see that he does indeed still have stands online!
            I’ll order 6 or 12 of these before I place my order at Target!
            Now in more sizes to fit your Mego collection! Regular stands for 8" male and female figures Teen stands for 7" male and female figures Muscle body stands for Hulk/Thing muscle body figures (and fat bodies) Riser! Regular Stands: Tired of figures falling off your shelves? Have figures lying down
            —-
            “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
            - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
            - Captain Spock
            https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• ZombieJimC
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by JediJaida
              She was made in Holland for the European market.

Her head was larger than the standard Dinah, with a different face paint. Her hair is usually in a flip, and she wears a pink and turquoise blue jumpsuit with white boots.

Her torso and ball waist joint are combined, as well as the torso being slightly taller than the standard one; making her maybe a 1/4 inch taller than the original Dinah.
              Cool Thanks.

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

If she is brought back on Doc's current body, I'm perfectly willing to wait until the new body is made, then do a head swap.
                JediJaida

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

I mean, why not? She and Action Jackson were the first figures produced by Mego before they did WGSH, or the other licenses.

Her head was properly sized, even if her side glancing eyes threw you off a bit. And yes, some of the outfits made for her were horrid, but she was a great figure.

I'd like to see different skin tones, hair colors and textures. Better outfits, sewing patterns, sturdier boots and shoes.

Updated bike, off road trike vehicle, new van, and palomino.
                  Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Capt Kirk
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jan 15, 2005

I mean, why not? She and Action Jackson were the first figures produced by Mego before they did WGSH, or the other licenses.

Her head was properly sized, even if her side glancing eyes threw you off a bit. And yes, some of the outfits made for her were horrid, but she was a great figure.

I'd like to see different skin tones, hair colors and textures. Better outfits, sewing patterns, sturdier boots and shoes.

Updated bike, off road trike vehicle, new van, and palomino.
                    Yep, right here- AJ's back, GOTTA getta Dinah!
                    ...hey, there's their tagline for her, right there...
                    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

I'd buy a Dinah Mite Mego! Yup 😊
                      sigpic

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

What made Dinah and Action Jackson great were the accessory packs.
                        I remember the Christmas I got an Action Jackson that came on a big board with several accessory packs. I had different outfits for all of my Megos and hours of play!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

If we really want her back, we will have to step up our game.

We need to put our devious heads together and start coming up with some modern, sharp outfits that don't have any vinyl cloth involved.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

Action Dinah.JPG

I would so love to get Dinah back in action with proper sized heads and better bodies. I would also like to get new and old outfits. It took me a long time to find the nurse outfit so I could make more Marvel Comics Night Nurses like my
                            Night Nurse Claire Temple
                            Marvel Comics Night Nurse Claire Temple.jpg
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

I managed to get a Dinah sized nurse outfit off of ebay, years ago, made from actual cotton fabric, not plastic sheeting. I'll see if I can dig her up.
                              JediJaida

Comment

• jeffbearco
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 27, 2011

Current clothes would be cool. But there have to be some MOD fashions to dress Wonder Woman in. LOL

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎