X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    Since the original Trek figures were based on the cartoon, that's where I'd like to see the future figures lean towards.
    They weren't really, I got that from Neal Kublan and Vinnie Baiera. The source material they got was a mish mosh of stills, press photos and reels. So yeah, they based the Klingon off the the animated series but the majority of stuff is TOS.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
      They weren't really, I got that from Neal Kublan and Vinnie Baiera. The source material they got was a mish mosh of stills, press photos and reels. So yeah, they based the Klingon off the the animated series but the majority of stuff is TOS.
      The wide collar of the officer shirts matches the cartoon, and not the live action series. That's what I see when I look at the pictures and figures.

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jul 13, '18, 1:19 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Well, it's also a teeny little shirt, little details like cuffs and collars do sometimes change proportion. The Palitoy Koenig has a weird turtleneck and he doesn't on the show.

It's a question i've honestly asked and I got well thought out answers by the people who did it. It's a misnomer to say the line is based on the animated show, it was meant as the classic series.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Bandless bodies.
          JediJaida

Comment

• Liu Bei
            Banned
            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by cdhall
            I just had a thought and then thought I should collect all my suggestions for the revived Mego (what do we call it? Re-launched Mego? Mego 2018?) Trek figures here. I may come back to edit/add to this (some of these should be easy to implement like Andorian color, uniform pack and removeable boots) and of course some of these have been done already by members here and done well:

1. A BLUE Andorian. As in, Not Gray. Re-release with proper color would be OK;
            2. Black phasers with silver details and James Brady’s (?) Klingon disruptor (there were 2 by 2 people);
            3. Dida Display Enterprise playset/display case;
            4. Star fleet belts with Communicator slot at rear, redo it completely or just reconfigure the old one;
            5. Kung-Fu grip;
            6. Loose uniforms for customs. Maybe Ensign rank only 6 pack of 1 Blue, 1 Gold, 4 Red;
            7. Would customs be easier if boots were removable on guys like the girls?
            8. Red and Blue coverall uniform like Khan wore in Space Seed;
            9. Kirk’s Green shirt from The Trouble With Tribbles;
            10. If Dida can be done, did Dida ever make a Shuttlecraft? That could be an awesome display!
            Agree with the loose uniforms and Dida-style playsets/displays. Those were awesome.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
              I said this in the other wish list thread, they should get rid of the Star Trek body and give them boots. This way its the same body across all lines.
              I don't agree. I think BBP's Big Bang Theory/Trek male figures proved that separate boots look clunky. The boot-leg is classic Mego.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cdhall
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                This is specifically a Star Trek thread.
                Lol. Busted.

—-
                “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                - Captain Spock
                https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  M'ress and Arex.
                  I am sure the tooling makes these *highly* unlikely, but these are tops on my list as well.

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
                  Mego really should study with Captain Dunsel and DaveMc did with Their customs. I have them. They are beautiful, accurate and IMO true to the mego line. They should follow this lead. Possibly even get them to submit the sculpts and clothing patterns to use.
                  Totally agree. I love the McDunsels. They are a perfect mix of accurate and toyetic. Given that all 3 figures pictured were previously done as Dunsel Trek Megos, I have my fingers crossed.

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                  Agree with the loose uniforms and Dida-style playsets/displays. Those were awesome.
                  Heck, this is a wishlist thread... so even though these seem highly unlikely, a boy can wish!

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  I don't agree. I think BBP's Big Bang Theory/Trek male figures proved that separate boots look clunky. The boot-leg is classic Mego.
                  I think that was more about the BBT figures than it was the boots. Intentional or not, they were just tailored a little "off". I've done customs with separate boots that do not look out of place. But I do agree that at this point, the boot-leg is iconic.

Comment

• garfoot
                    Museum Patron
                    • Aug 28, 2012

Are they starting from the beginning with these? Kirk, Spock, McCoy, etc.., then moving on to more obscure characters?

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

How about anyone that they didn’t already make? Rereleases are useless to me personally unless Talos is coming
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Yes I agree with you, mego Trek black boot leg is classic and since new mego Sulu has the boot leg, I'm assuming
                        crew members they decide to make will have them, only Uhura had boots which made sense, so if a Nurse Chapel is made, I'm guessing she will have the boots also.

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                          How about anyone that they didn’t already make? Rereleases are useless to me personally unless Talos is coming
                          Yes, EMCE never made Talos or Neptunian for that matter, I guess they were substituted for Khan and Salt Vampire,
                          but I would like to see new mego make a correct Talosian, and why not? there redoing Gorn.

I also would like to see new mego add Chekov which I think they might, and Harry Mudd too.

Comment

• comicmike
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by JediJaida
                            Bandless bodies.
                            Can't wait. It is wishful thinking, and *Just* *So* *Exciting*
                            Re:
                            http://megomuseum.com/community/show...e-rubber-bands[/B]

Originally posted by drmego
                            "Each body will be the same size as the original MEGO sizes - adult is 7 3/4, female is same size, the teen is 6 3/4."

Originally posted by drmego
                            Originally Posted by TK471 View Post
                            Did anybody already ask, will they be able to have Star Trek/Star Trek style boots?

"That will not be an issue."
                            Last edited by comicmike; Jul 14, '18, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• cdhall
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
                              Since we're talking Trek, gotta throw in my 2 cents...
                              Mego really should study with Captain Dunsel and DaveMc did with Their customs. I have them. They are beautiful, accurate and IMO true to the mego line. They should follow this lead...
                              I know it's a lot of stuff but, classic trek and 66 Batman are my two passions with collecting. As you can imagine, I'm pumped.
                              Absolutely. they need to get James Brady in. He can consult and do video work. They should hire him and Dave right now. Doc is already in, yes?

I don't know what to do with this thread I created... I had an idea initially to post what I wanted to "complete/relaunch/help/finish/revive" the original line.

BUT I would like to see them make several Upgrades and maybe re-release them. Upgraded bodies, black & silver phasers, accurate chest emblems/delta shields etc, maybe the removeable boots, these could all be 2019 versions but I would totally buy the Sulu and I think maybe throwing in James Brady's Gorn would be OK to complete the original releases.

But as I say, once we have that sort of fleshed out, I'd like to see them go for broke and crank it up a notch like James Capt Dunsel and Dave McC. I'd buy them all again.

And along the lines of releasing 79 sets for each episode. I think a way to test that would be to release some small batches like a set of 2-6 from The Pilot/Cage that would include #1 and maybe it was Kelso who was prominent in that episode.

Then maybe a release of 2-4 from the first episode or two that would include the other 2 doctors and Uhura in Gold and was it Sulu in Blue and Scotty also in Gold.

Then they could go back and fill in. But those would be a good way to start filling in.

I do need to find out how to write an essay or make a video or something with these thoughts fleshed out and send them to Mego. I don't know how interested Marty and Doc et al are in my opinion so I'm putting a lot into the museum forums as kind of a "donation."

I have a couple of patent-worthy ideas on upgrades. Like once I thought someone did customs with an awesome Type 3 body that he didn't sell, he just made for himself. That was awesome as I recall. So upgrading like that with more realistic, show-accurate props and such would be great.

And along the lines of a Cage/Pilot set and the other doctors, I think a set from TAS with Thelin and M'Ress would be cool. I'm not sure how Arex would work out. He was not extremely well done in TAS but like Spock in TOS, Arex was a good idea for TAS.
                              —-
                              - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• cdhall
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by comicmike
                                Can't wait. It is wishful thinking, and *Just* *So* *Exciting*
                                Re:
                                http://megomuseum.com/community/show...e-rubber-bands[/B]

I've been gone a long time. Is this the body Doc was working on that was bandless and had swivel biceps? I'm fine if MEGO come out with a new body but I mention elsewhere that someone has a Type 3 body and that was awesome when I first saw it. I think I saw it for Spiderman which was a great demo.
                                —-
                                - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍