Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pod Stallions 64: DUNE

Images
    I've always known of Dune and even read the first three novels, but I've never been that big a fan of Dune. That said, I loved the podcast--thought it was yet another great listen.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    I'm starting the campaign for a Dune Part 2 episode right now!

Images
    Good timing on this. I haven't noticed "Dune" playing on television in years and BBC America has been airing it recently.

Love DUNE the movie, the books

Its funny, just last night my wife and I watched DUNE on TV, I have DISH, dont remember which station it was on.
    She had never seen it, and thought all the Harkonnen Parts were GROSS!!! lol

Just finished listening.

Loved it.

And now I have my Blu Ray and DVD of the Extended Cut (No Japanese laser disc, sorry! ) off the shelf and ready to revisit.

I think it's time someone customizes some AHI style Dune Parachutists.

One of the licenses that really helped me come to terms with embracing the film at age 13 was the Fleer trading cards. (Topps must've been like, "ummmm... nope!"). The cards were like flash cards to supplement the infamous glossary. I have to say, that although there was an attempt to market it to kids following the Star Wars paradigm, it didn't have the reach and depth of merchandise. I don't remember seeing the toys on shelves alongside Super Powers, GI Joe RAH, and the remaining ROTJ figures from Kenner. Their scale was different, the bodies awkward, and LJN was not a familiar brand name.

I remember seeing the film by myself Christmas of '84, and walking out uncertain if I had liked it or not. I felt it was a bit above my head, but there still were elements I enjoyed. Coming home with the program, glossary, trading cards, and Marvel comic helped me to cement my opinion - that it was epic, big, confusing, and flawed, yet still had elements of value, was visually impressive, and seemed to me a window to the world of "adult" sci fi, alongside ALIEN, Terminator (which I hadn't yet seen) and Road Warrior. I liked it, but then, I was (and still am) sort of undemanding of my movies. I don't ever remember walking out of a movie actively disliking anything as a kid, so I wasn't to discerning.

Suffice it to say, there were enough elements of Dune to spark my imagination and make me want to spend time with the comic, cards, etc. I still like it, but look forward to another interpretation. I think you guys are spot on that they need to simplify the story and make it more commercial, while still remaining true to the root story.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!