Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My latest model...the Mummy (1959)

My latest model...the Mummy (1959)

Christopher Lee as Kharis...1/3 scale bust.

I wanted to give him a slightly "wet" look like in the film.

He was basecoated in medium gray, then speckled with dark green and light earth.
    Then washes of dark gray and medium brown, followed by dry-brushing.

Then a thin spray of transparent black window tint to simulate the black bog water and give him a slight wet look.
    Powdered pigments were stippled into the bullet holes to replicate the dry dusty look from the film.

Last edited by enyawd72; Jul 15, '18 at 7:59 PM.

Images
    Damn. That is it! Exactly how he looked coming out of the pond. That's the right hue of green they lit him with too!

Images
    My favorite Mummy done right!!! Great job as always! I can just smell the mud!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    Damn. That is it! Exactly how he looked coming out of the pond. That's the right hue of green they lit him with too!
    Thank you sir! I try!

Images
    Looks great as does all of your work you share!

So how do you have all of these displayed? I'm sure it's quite a spectacle to see shelves of these types of things.

Quote Originally Posted by drquest View Post
    Looks great as does all of your work you share!

So how do you have all of these displayed? I'm sure it's quite a spectacle to see shelves of these types of things.
    Everything is kinda in a state of flux right now...the Mummy has slowly taken over my entire model collection. I think I have close to 50 different Mummy model kits alone...many still unpainted. Much more than any other character. So, I'm probably gonna sell everything else and just focus on Mummies. I have tons of Mummy toys and figures also.

Images
    Superb.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Pretty awesome as always...

WOW! Incredible!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    Thank you sir! I try!
    Just looking at that sculpture and you see the level of emotion Lee brought to the eyes compared to anyone else. I don't count Ardeth Bey because Karloff was more of a warlock than a mummy.

It's amazing how he could emote with body and head turns. My favorites moments are the library and the end bog. The library...he covers like five emotional beats in one scene.

What I appreciate is we had pity for Kharis, but we never saw him as misunderstood. Today, it would be a Romeo and Juliet knockoff.