Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My latest model...the Mummy (1959)

Awesome job! Looks musty and slimy!
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    I don't count Ardeth Bey because Karloff was more of a warlock than a mummy.
    That's just wrong, he was THE mummy lol. But seriously, you are spot-on about Lee's Kharis as a classic and the bust and paints capture him so well.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Just looking at that sculpture and you see the level of emotion Lee brought to the eyes compared to anyone else. I don't count Ardeth Bey because Karloff was more of a warlock than a mummy.

It's amazing how he could emote with body and head turns. My favorites moments are the library and the end bog. The library...he covers like five emotional beats in one scene.

What I appreciate is we had pity for Kharis, but we never saw him as misunderstood. Today, it would be a Romeo and Juliet knockoff.
    I take that as a great compliment, because the eyes are completely blank on that bust. You can have them looking any direction you want, and it's up to the painter to give them life.

Here's a comparison shot with the manufacturer's build-up. As you can see they went with a very different look.

Last edited by enyawd72; Today at 3:02 AM.

Images
    That's an amazing difference. How does the nose and mouth on your bust look exact, but the manufcaturer's looks off?

Images
    Blog Entries
    that's awesome ..............................

That's an amazing difference. How does the nose and mouth on your bust look exact, but the manufcaturer's looks off?
    I'm not sure, but thanks for the compliment...I ordered a second one today. I'm going to paint a "dry" version as well.

That is just amazing work and detail, Lee's Mummy is faster and more menacing than the others, taking nothing away
    from the Chaney version, but Hammer really did this well, I only wish they had made a sequel.