Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Mego Licenses Announced! Firefly, Charmed and Wizard of Oz coming soon!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by scott metzger
    Musters was done, though badly, before in this scale, but Diamond seemed to do well with their Munsters line. And we never have had a 60's based line of Addams Family, so releasing some good figures of both in conjunction would be good. you could knock out the main characters in a couple waves, probably, and, if Mego does have the Universal license (based on the blurry maybe Dracula we saw earlier this week), you've got some re-use on the Munster's side for the Creature with Uncle Gillman (just like Diamond did) and even cousin Phantom of the Opera. And, face it, Hermy Baby is basically a brown Frankenstein suit with a new head.
    I know FTC did a Munsters line, but I didnt know EMCE Diamond Select doing a Munsters line? or did you mean Universal Monsters?

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
      80s nostalgia is big right now. They need 80s licenses... A Knight Rider Michael Knight figure would sell...Arnold as Conan the Barbarian would sell..
      Those would work, but Conan requires two, maybe three licenses; Conan Films/Howard Estate and Arnold. Knight Rider...are you paying the Hoff? It's a different market today, which is a point Marty hit home hard at the Meet.

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
      The emphasis seems to be trying to find new collectors, trying to get people who don't currently collect and maybe never heard of Mego. Thats why many of the licenses seem unlikely. Would Thundercats sell better than Cheers? Sure. But who do they sell to? The same people who already buy action figures or collect Thundercats. Mego needs new fans.

I have a feeling Funko Pops is being used as an example of reaching people who ordinarily wouldn't even go to the toy isle. Target feels Cheers and Charmed may find a whole new audience...maybe it won't. But there's only one way to find out. I mean, who would have guessed that Golden Girls would be one of Funkos biggest hits? An ironic buy is still a buy.
      I agree with all of that, but the issue with most 80's sitcoms are the locations were just as iconic as the characters. I think Mego will be better off with sitcoms to go Reaction-esque and start with a playset plus one character. So Cheers is Norm with Bar. It could then interlock with Night Court and Wings. That way, you have nostalgic diorama/model that can be displayed in a home theater.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by tjacwave50
        I know FTC did a Munsters line, but I didnt know EMCE Diamond Select doing a Munsters line? or did you mean Universal Monsters?
        Not EMCE, but DST did a Munsters line that was awesome. Someone here used the Marilyn for a perfect Sue Storm.

Your Home for Toy News and Action Figure Discussion!

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by hedrap
          Not EMCE, but DST did a Munsters line that was awesome. Someone here used the Marilyn for a perfect Sue Storm.

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic...75471&start=75
          Okay, I vaguely remember those, probably had seen pics but don't remember seeing them in stores in my area,
          plus I had 8 " bodies on my mind with cloth outfits.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

As far as sitcoms, do you think Seinfeld would sell well?
            It would bomb.

Star Trek the Next Generation would sell. Thundarr the Barbarian would sell. Real Ghostbusters would sell. Filmation Flash Gordon would sell. We need to think more action oriented and toyetic. Otherwise we are all going to be digging through stacks of unsold sitcom characters like Bundys, Bradys and Full House after the scalpers have cherry picked the Trek, Monsters and DC Heroes.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• tmthor
              God of Knock-offs
              • Nov 29, 2005

Looks like from the Picture on the Mego FB page "Facts of life" "Dracula" or some form of vampire Happy days and "Jimi Hendrix" are all coming as well. the Pic is blurry but that's what it looks like.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

I hope it's not Facts of Life, I really don't see that selling well, although I'd be game for a Misses Garrett.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  It would bomb.

Star Trek the Next Generation would sell. Thundarr the Barbarian would sell. Real Ghostbusters would sell. Filmation Flash Gordon would sell. We need to think more action oriented and toyetic. Otherwise we are all going to be digging through stacks of unsold sitcom characters like Bundys, Bradys and Full House after the scalpers have cherry picked the Trek, Monsters and DC Heroes.
                  I think the Brady Bunch would sell okay, didn't the classic tv toys release sell out, like the I Love Lucy figures did?

Comment

• Remco Monster
                    GLOWS in the Dark!
                    • May 3, 2006

Where is all this Facts of Life talk coming from? Has that property been announced?

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Remco Monster
                      Where is all this Facts of Life talk coming from? Has that property been announced?
                      From what I understand, a picture is on the mego Facebook page, I'm not on Facebook, just going by what others are saying.

Comment

• RonnyG
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 23, 2014

It's just speculation at this point. I'm afraid I started it. In another thread, we were guessing the identities of the figures that Mego posted on their facebook page. The image was blurred on purpose. I guessed that one of the figures in the blurry image looks like a girl doll with knee socks and a Burgundy skirt reminiscent of the school uniform the girls wore on the show. Facts is owned by Sony, which also owns Jeannie who we know is coming for sure, so it's a possibility.
                        Last edited by RonnyG; Jul 18, '18, 7:59 PM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                          Still Old School
                          • Feb 14, 2008

I hope it's not Facts of Life, I really don't see that selling well, although I'd be game for a Misses Garrett.
                          Ya take the good. Ya take the bad. Ya take them both and there you have the facts of licensed toys.
                          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• tmthor
                            God of Knock-offs
                            • Nov 29, 2005

I guess we will see today............But I Think we already know the answer. Also Is not one of the "Classic TV Channels" Saturday morning line up have the show on it along with 'Saved by the Bell" ?

Comment

• Remco Monster
                              GLOWS in the Dark!
                              • May 3, 2006

Facts of Life ARE coming, Art Baltazar showed a shipping box last night that was marked Tootie.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                                Career Member
                                • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                                What do you guys think of the Munster's and the Addams family. Will they sell? I'll be all over these lines like white on rice.
                                I'll buy both. I've always wanted a lurch! Plus I can use him as a custom for Ruk the Alien for Star Trek.
                                "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎