Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Mego Licenses Announced! Firefly, Charmed and Wizard of Oz coming soon!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmthor
    God of Knock-offs
    • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by johnnystorm
    G.L.O.W. Zoya the Destroyah & Liberty Belle
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid ( with Etta Place, Joe LeFors in straw hat, Harvey Logan, & Bolivian Federales)
    Funko is doing the G.L.O.W. figures

funko glow.jpg

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Gramercyplace
      Logan’s Run! As Mego originally intended!
      That would be good. Things like Greatest American Hero and this, things Mego almost made, but didn't, could be very attractive to collectors. The Masters of the Universe Classics line does quite a few "planned but never got made" figures; I'm waiting on one of those even now (Wrap Trap/ Horde Mummy) in Super 7's second wave, in fact. Super 7 also did the Kenner Alien 3.75 inch figures Kenner never actually made, and that has gone over well. Getting something that was planned but never produced seems to scratch a strong itch with a lot of collectors. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Logan's Run (not that I didn't like the movie, mind you), I would get the figures just because Mego ALMOST made them in the day.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by tmthor
        But it has been said before Target chose those licences and Paid in advance there for they were a complete sell out. Now if they dont sell its on Target not MEGO.
        That may be true, but if they bomb (and let's be honest, at LEAST some of these are clearly going to bomb and end up on clearance in Targets all across the country) it may be the end of Mego at Target. And other retailers aren't exactly known to pick up lines that didn't do good elsewhere. So I think at least a little trepidation is warranted. Again, I have faith, but right now Star Trek is the only license announced that I think has any real legs and unfortunately Trek has proven in recent years to be not the greatest seller. And if that's your strongest license thus far, it does cause concern.

Maybe there's a huge contingent of collectors out there just dying to have an Alice the maid action figure, but just because of TV show has been in syndication for decades doesn't necessarily mean people are clamoring for action figures of them. Right now the strongest buyers of collectible toys are men in their 30s-40s and I'd really like to see a couple more licenses announced that may appeal to that demo... And Full House ain't it.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Bonanza seems like an obvious choice and would make awesome Megos
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Remco Monster
            GLOWS in the Dark!
            • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by Brown Bear
            I would definitely be down with a western line or two.

Comment

• Remco Monster
              GLOWS in the Dark!
              • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              I didn't know I wanted these until just now! Add Big Shirley and it's an even set.
              Yes! What's Happening would be amazing!!!

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                I would definitely buy Bonanza figures if made.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                  I would definitely buy Bonanza figures if made.
                  Bonanza, Gunsmoke and the entire Lone Ranger line will be a dream come true.
                  Last edited by Ivaniski; Jul 18, '18, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                    Right now the strongest buyers of collectible toys are men in their 30s-40s and I'd really like to see a couple more licenses announced that may appeal to that demo... And Full House ain't it.
                    80s nostalgia is big right now. They need 80s licenses but not sitcoms like Cheers. A-Team would sell. A Knight Rider Michael Knight figure would sell. He was just in Guardians of the Galaxy. I imagine a Magnum P.I. figure would sell. Arnold as Conan the Barbarian would sell. Plus 80s toons are gold right now. Do something like Thundercats. Thundercats would fly off the shelves.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

As far as sitcoms, do you think Seinfeld would sell well? say a set of four, Jerry, Elaine, George and Kramer
                      and maybe a Jerry's apartment playset.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

The emphasis seems to be trying to find new collectors, trying to get people who don't currently collect and maybe never heard of Mego. Thats why many of the licenses seem unlikely. Would Thundercats sell better than Cheers? Sure. But who do they sell to? The same people who already buy action figures or collect Thundercats. Mego needs new fans.

I have a feeling Funko Pops is being used as an example of reaching people who ordinarily wouldn't even go to the toy isle. Target feels Cheers and Charmed may find a whole new audience...maybe it won't. But there's only one way to find out. I mean, who would have guessed that Golden Girls would be one of Funkos biggest hits? An ironic buy is still a buy.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 24, 2007

What do you guys think of the Munster's and the Addams family. Will they sell? I'll be all over these lines like white on rice.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                            GLOWS in the Dark!
                            • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                            What do you guys think of the Munster's and the Addams family. Will they sell? I'll be all over these lines like white on rice.
                            Addams Family is one of my top wants. There have never been figures from the 60s show made, it’s ripe for the pickin’, and I have wanted some for a very long time.

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                              Musters was done, though badly, before in this scale, but Diamond seemed to do well with their Munsters line. And we never have had a 60's based line of Addams Family, so releasing some good figures of both in conjunction would be good. you could knock out the main characters in a couple waves, probably, and, if Mego does have the Universal license (based on the blurry maybe Dracula we saw earlier this week), you've got some re-use on the Munster's side for the Creature with Uncle Gillman (just like Diamond did) and even cousin Phantom of the Opera. And, face it, Hermy Baby is basically a brown Frankenstein suit with a new head.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                                Still Old School
                                • Feb 14, 2008

The Fugitive with one armed man two pack!

Chuck Norris!

Sugar Ray Leonard!

Tony Danza?

Rifleman and Gunsmoke!
                                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡