Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Mego Licenses Announced! Firefly, Charmed and Wizard of Oz coming soon!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Full House????

Pass.
    JediJaida

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by JediJaida
      Full House????
      Oh, hell, no.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• bgiles73
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 14, 2010

If “Full House” is in there, maybe “Family Matters” might happen too! I want “Seinfeld”!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

They would do FULL HOUSE over doing MASH? Has the world gone insane (or is the MASH licensing fee just too high)?
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Well Full House has more of an audience and potential to sell than MASH.

That said, I don't think either of those licenses are particularly good for Mego or anything in the current market. So it's like, the more successful failure.

I really do wish the new Mego well... But I am seriously starting to question the direction and wondering if this will have any legs at retail. As I feared when the early rumors started, what good licenses could they get or would they be stuck getting a bunch of oddball things... And it certainly seems like more and more oddball things are popping up. Will it work? I guess we'll see.

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

Mego seems to be doing what they did in the 70's making old tv shows instead of more
              superheroes. I don't think Target shoppers are into Full house Megos but I could be wrong.
              Most of their stuff is outdated like Joe Namoth and it seems like Figures has been doing
              old shows like Happy Days, Space 1999, and Married with children( with limited success )but what really sells better is DC, Batman, Hanna Barbara and Kiss. Gilligans Island not so much
              Last edited by wise guy; Jul 17, '18, 8:00 AM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

what would be awesome is if they could get the POTA license back

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Fuller House is quite popular. It's probably more relevant than most of the other TV show licenses we've seen here.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by sprytel
                    That's the first thought that went through my head!!!! Hahahahaha

Comment

• bgiles73
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 14, 2010

I’m waiting for more stuff like HBO, Showtime and Netflix Originals and other popular shows. Westworld, Game of Thrones, Orange is the New Black, Twin Peaks, Lost in Space, Bright, Shanarah Chronicles, Super Natural, Hemlock Grove, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, etc.

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

I think it's helpful to keep in mind, as said at Mego Meet and here, Target requested certain licenses.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                          GLOWS in the Dark!
                          • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by bgiles73
                          I’m waiting for more stuff like HBO, Showtime and Netflix Originals and other popular shows. Westworld, Game of Thrones, Orange is the New Black, Twin Peaks, Lost in Space, Bright, Shanarah Chronicles, Super Natural, Hemlock Grove, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, etc.
                          Westworld would be awesome, loved season 1. Humans would be rad too.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Black Sails.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by hedrap
                              I think it's helpful to keep in mind, as said at Mego Meet and here, Target requested certain licenses.
                              I agree, that is important. We might not be seeing a good sampling of Mego's long term plans here, just what Target wants up front while they have the exclusive.

Comment

• tmthor
                                God of Knock-offs
                                • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                                Well Full House has more of an audience and potential to sell than MASH.

That said, I don't think either of those licenses are particularly good for Mego or anything in the current market. So it's like, the more successful failure.

I really do wish the new Mego well... But I am seriously starting to question the direction and wondering if this will have any legs at retail. As I feared when the early rumors started, what good licenses could they get or would they be stuck getting a bunch of oddball things... And it certainly seems like more and more oddball things are popping up. Will it work? I guess we'll see.
                                But it has been said before Target chose those licences and Paid in advance there for they were a complete sell out. Now if they dont sell its on Target not MEGO.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎