Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Mego Licenses Announced! Firefly, Charmed and Wizard of Oz coming soon!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by marcia29
    Firefly was a great show, and to see Mego grab this license is heartening. Maybe it will help generate interest in this show which was gone way too son.
    No Firefly figures are being made.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
      Career Member
      • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by The Bat
      If they do Kristie Alley on Cheers...the sculpt could then be re-used do Lt. Savik from Star Trek:WOK!!!!!!!!
      I had already thought of that but hoping mego expands to trek movies era. That has barely ever been touched except by playmates and that wasn't a great product. in my opinion.
      "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Firefly is the big winner here, but again, late to the punch as Funko already did a ReAction line and 6 inch figures. So I think the power of that line won't be as strong as it could, because regular action figure fans already have formats they're more comfortable with.

WoZ seems to be tapping into the Oz Collector market and maybe that's a plus? I dunno. It's cool cause it's an old Mego property but I'm not sure how much power it has these days.

Charmed might work as sort of an oddball item targeted at 30 something females. But where will these figures set? I sure hope not in the boys toy aisle.

New Mego seems to be ClassicTVToys, lol.

Right now almost everything seems to be aimed at the older adult non-toy collector. The same sort of people that Exclusive Premiere targeted back in the day. I sure hope there's a market for it.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          No Firefly figures are being made.
          We have only been told that Firefly is not part of the launch. I'm still hoping the retraction is a sign that they jumped the gun and announced it too early, rather than it isn't happening all together.

Comment

• Remco Monster
            GLOWS in the Dark!
            • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by sprytel
            I'm still hoping the retraction is a sign that they jumped the gun and announced it too early, rather than it isn't happening all together.
            Same here, of all the licenses, next to Trek, that’s the one I was most psyched for.

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

Wizard of oz ,i have all of them ,mego did a nice job on those ,if they do them,id like to see them all redone on nice cards ,and maybe some new figures . as a kid i largely ignored them,but did get
              them at the time cause they were mego and every year i watched it on thanksgiving ,later years i appreciated them a lot more .

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by tllgn
                Wizard of oz ,i have all of them ,mego did a nice job on those ,if they do them,id like to see them all redone on nice cards ,and maybe some new figures . as a kid i largely ignored them,but did get
                them at the time cause they were mego and every year i watched it on thanksgiving ,later years i appreciated them a lot more .
                The only originals I think could have been improved were the Lion and Dorothy, and the latter only in the headsculpt; the rest of the line was pretty much the pinnacle of Mego costuming and design. I think simply re-doing what they did for the most part would be fine for that property.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by Klosterheim
                  I think these will be amazing.

DC Legends of Tomorrow would be a great choice.

I'd like them to get a license for Highlander: The Series. I just realized that I want a Methos Mego along with a few other Immortals.
                  I'm all in for a White Canary / Sara Lance figure!
                  She's my favorite!

Just read in the other thread that SyFy either accidentally announced Firefly or confused it with something else.
                  So if no Firefly, does that also mean no Wizard of Oz or Charmed?
                  There are so many threads now that I'm confused what Mego is actually releasing.

Comment

• pmwasson
                    Maker
                    • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                    There are so many threads now that I'm confused what Mego is actually releasing.
                    The official word should come out on Friday at Comic Con. Not too long to wait now.
                    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

She's my favorite!

Just read in the other thread that SyFy either accidentally announced Firefly or confused it with something else.
                      I think Oz is a very good bet; it would be a solid companion to Trek from Mego's heyday, and is perennially popular from generation to generation.

Comment

• drogge
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 24, 2009

I am confused, as well. I would welcome Wizard of Oz, but they are fairly inexpensive for the original figures, I guess first time buyers might bite. 14 inch is too large a scale for me to collect. I am very excited about the I Dream of Jeanie set. I would not be interested in Firefly or Charmed, not really familiar with those shows, besides I doubt they would be in the 8 inch scale. Star Trek is great but I am hoping for some new characters, I am willing to support the line and buy some reproductions as long as new characters are coming. I bought Sulu from EMCE. I wonder if Gorn will have any changes. I just need something new to keep me interested. I am hoping Mego will consider both new buyers and long time collectors, like me.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 23, 2013

She's my favorite!

She would be a good figure! That would be pretty cool-looking.

Comment

• comicmike
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 22, 2009

Do we see "Full House"? Did I miss that being mentioned here on the forum?

Last edited by comicmike; Jul 16, '18, 6:54 PM.

Comment

• pmwasson
                              Maker
                              • Sep 12, 2007

Nice catch. I'd hadn't seen Full House mentioned before.
                              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡