Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Mego Licenses Announced! Firefly, Charmed and Wizard of Oz coming soon!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Capt_Kirk
    Career Member
    • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by tjacwave50
    As far as sitcoms, do you think Seinfeld would sell well? say a set of four, Jerry, Elaine, George and Kramer
    and maybe a Jerry's apartment playset.
    They would have to get some of the favorite characters like soup Nazi, Newman, Babo and Uncle Leo. that would be so funny.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Yikes, NECA just threw down a few major gauntlets, with awesome Karate Kid and Golden Girls licenses in their "Mego-like" figures. Karate Kid is exactly the kind of thing I wish Mego would have had. And as Funko proved, Golden Girls are a surprisingly strong license as sort of the ultimate "ironic" buy. Both would have been great for Mego. Still hoping their are some other surprises.

Comment

• Liu Bei
        Banned
        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by ODBJBG
        Yikes, NECA just threw down a few major gauntlets, with awesome Karate Kid and Golden Girls licenses in their "Mego-like" figures. Karate Kid is exactly the kind of thing I wish Mego would have had. And as Funko proved, Golden Girls are a surprisingly strong license as sort of the ultimate "ironic" buy. Both would have been great for Mego. Still hoping their are some other surprises.
        It's a pity Mego couldn't get Karate Kid. NECA will make a ton of money off of that thanks to Cobra Kai's amazing success. Golden Girls will slay at the market as well.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

I flipped out at the Golden Girls likenesss sculpted by the great Trevor Grove!! They are dead-on. That's going to be a winner for sure!
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• tmthor
            God of Knock-offs
            • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by ODBJBG
            Not only that but they are going to be at Target August 3rd as well as Mego.

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

I'd even go for late 1980's Mego action figures.

How about Crime Story (1988) I need a Ray Luca and Paul Taglia!

What I'd really like Mego to make, diving into the early 1990's, is Forever Knight!

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Me too!
                JediJaida

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

I’d love to see “Emergency!” and even Adam-12 figures...”Emergency!” It’s still very popular in syndication. They had a huge signing in L.A. 5 days ago with fans waiting outside for up to 5 or 6 hours for autographs. The squad and engines are the the main attraction at the museum and they all been restored.

The did well for LJN. Maybe they did much better for Mego. “Emergency” has a surprisingly large fanbase.

- Ian
                  Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• tmthor
                    God of Knock-offs
                    • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                    I’d love to see “Emergency!” and even Adam-12 figures...”Emergency!” It’s still very popular in syndication. They had a huge signing in L.A. 5 days ago with fans waiting outside for up to 5 or 6 hours for autographs. The squad and engines are the the main attraction at the museum and they all been restored.

The did well for LJN. Maybe they did much better for Mego. “Emergency” has a surprisingly large fanbase.

- Ian
                    I will agree with you on Emergency I loved that show as a kid and just unearthed my helmet and bullhorn the other day.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by tmthor
                      I will agree with you on Emergency I loved that show as a kid and just unearthed my helmet and bullhorn the other day.

Also, when released onto DVD, it’s the only out of the big three Universal Mark VII releases, Adam-12 and Dragnet 67 being the othe two, that made it past a first season before, eventually, falling in the hands of Shout Fsctory. Universal released everything from “Emergency!” And since has rereleased it as as a box set and then individually, again, recently. It was very popular on MeTV for 4 years, until their contract ran out. Then it went to Universals channel COZI where it airs Monday thru Friday.

Also Code 3 collectibles released models of the shows vehicles and fire station about a decade ago and it was by far their biggest seller. And, they items were expensive. On the secondary market, they now sell for much more. Along with those, Hot Wheels released an official Squad 51 in 2001 and, subquently, released it a couple of years ago.

The vintage “Emergency!” merchandise sells for quite a high amount, these days. It doesn’t matter what it is.

Lastly, last weekend the Los Angeles County Fire Museum opened. They were planning on only being open for several hours every Saturday. After the grand opening, with fans waiting in line for 5 hours to have the guys from the series autograph items, they will now be open Wednesday thru Saturday, weekly. All “Emergency!” vehicles have been fully restored and are owned by the museum.

One additional thing, in 2001, the Smithsonian asked for items from the series including equipment along with uniforms and badges. The show was honored by the Smithsonian for its public service. They pieces are part of their permanent collection.

- Ian
                      Last edited by EmergencyIan; Jul 22, '18, 7:07 AM. Reason: Forgot about the Hot Wheels
                      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jan 22, 2018

I'd love to see a Twilight Zone series in B&W as well as a "Silver Screen" Monsters line in 8" (especially if they do ones Sideshow didn't!), and of course I still dream of Marvel Megos returning (and NOT at $80.00 a pop!)
                        https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

A minor thing I'm noticing: the ladies' shoes seem to have a penchant for falling off in the package, judging from the handful of pics we've seen. Not sure what can be done, though; I imagine Supergirl used to have the same problem in the 70's.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Her slippers were backless, therefore they were prone to falling off and getting lost.

I'd rather see a Supergirl with proper boots.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• Mary Canary
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by JediJaida
                              Her slippers were backless, therefore they were prone to falling off and getting lost.

I'd rather see a Supergirl with proper boots.
                              FTC's Lois Lane had the same issue with the slip on shoes falling off. I think unlike Barbie or other dolls with rubbery legs, the feet are too slick and the shoes too large to stay in place.
                              I noticed the Peg Bundy figure had strappy shoes, which I think would be a good solution for the other ladies.

But I guess it's a minor thing.
                              I switched my Supergirl to red boots because I didn't care for the slippers. But I left my Mary Marvel in slippers.
                              I switched my Lois to a totally different outfit with boots.
                              And if I get Kelly from Charlie's Angels I'll probably give her boots as well.
                              She needs to be ready for action, just like Lois and Supergirl!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎