X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by tjacwave50
    I was thinking the Charmed Piper head might make a nice looking Lois Lane custom, better then the one FTC did.
    I agree. The feature are a little soft, which is nice for customizing it to different characters.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

After seeing pics of the first wave of new megos coming out, I noticed there's no WGSH which is a bit of a head scratcher since that line was the most popular back in the day.

New mego are doing Action Jackson which makes sense, since that was popular also, but no WGSH, unless there holding
      off for licensing rights? so far A J and Star Trek have returned and I wonder if will see a Planet of the Apes series
      from new mego.

It looks like new mego is aiming for classic television characters, sort of continuing what FTC started, but with better
      quality, which is great because there's so many classic tv characters out there to do, but we need to see a WGSH series,
      or to me at least it won't feel like mego really and truly came back.

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 14, 2012

After seeing pics of the first wave of new megos coming out, I noticed there's no WGSH which is a bit of a head scratcher since that line was the most popular back in the day.
        I think the 14 inch DC heroes are the closest we can expect to get to WGSH, since Figures Toy Co has the rights to 8 inch DC figures, and Marvel/Hasbro don't want to license their characters out in the 8 inch format in this price range. Unless Mego does something unexpected like gets the rights to some non Marvel/DC superheroes, like maybe the Archie/Red Circle heroes, indie comics characters, or some of the public domain Golden Age heroes... which I would actually love to see, now that I think about it.

Comment

• cdhall
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 14, 2004

unless there holding
          off for licensing rights?
          I would bet that’s it.
          —-
          “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
          - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
          - Captain Spock
          https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

New mego are doing Action Jackson which makes sense, since that was popular also, but no WGSH, unless there holding
            off for licensing rights? so far A J and Star Trek have returned and I wonder if will see a Planet of the Apes series
            from new mego.

It looks like new mego is aiming for classic television characters, sort of continuing what FTC started, but with better
            quality, which is great because there's so many classic tv characters out there to do, but we need to see a WGSH series,
            Can't use "Super-Heroes" unless you're want to try to pay Marvel and DC since it's a shared license. I believe that's why FTC uses "World's Greatest Heroes".

Ironically, Marty had the TM on super-heroes first. I don't know if he could have kept it's value alive or if it would have become a generic mark. But, if he could have, it's arguably one of the most valuable trademarks in ip history.

Comment

• tmthor
              God of Knock-offs
              • Nov 29, 2005

from new mego.

Hasbro has the master toy license for Marvel and as we know has the $80 rule.
              And Ftc has 8" DC license so unless they call it quits no DC
              I think they could get other companies heroes like Image or some others.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by tmthor
                Hasbro has the master toy license for Marvel and as we know has the $80 rule.
                And Ftc has 8" DC license so unless they call it quits no DC
                I think they could get other companies heroes like Image or some others.
                Thank you for the info on the Heroes issue, it's to bad really, it would have done very very well.

Maybe that's why the tv characters line are being done, sort of like substituting for the WGSH
                I'm very happy about new mego Star Trek line and please put out figures that mego didn't do back in the day
                I really want to see a Harry Mudd figure.

I'm still wondering if new mego will bring back the POTA series or is that license belong to someone else?

Comment

• bgiles73
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 14, 2010

I was just showing my soon-to-be nine year old daughter the Alice figure from The Brady Bunch which led to her starting a search for some of her other favorite shows. What are the odds that Piper from “Charmed” would just happen to be her first search and that her birthday is just weeks after the launch at Target?!!! I’m really one happy dad right now. Thanks Marty and Doc! I think the rebirth of Mego will be a great success!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎