• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
    10,000 is an abundance.

Most of the remego stuff you like now is produced at a third of that volume.

The limited figures that everyone speaks of in that epsiode were produced in quantities of less than 2,000.
    And, from what we've been told so far, the "limited" part is only for the duration of the Target exclusive deal. After that, I believe they are free to re-issue the figures (likely in new packaging to differentiate it, as the current packaging was a Target choice). THat in itself relieves a lot of my anxiety. And, as mentioned before, given that a major retail line of the 90's, Playmate's Trek, was producing their 9" figures in quantities around 15,000, and said number was split between ALL retailers carrying the line (and with a more energetic scalper market competing with collectors), the initial panic at hearing the number is ebbing, as I never had a major problem finding those figures. As long as these are not "one and done forever after," I think we'll survive.

Comment

• glimpy
      Loco Chango
      • Feb 5, 2012

I might give a few a try
      sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

10,000 is an abundance.

Most of the remego stuff you like now is produced at a third of that volume.

The limited figures that everyone speaks of in that epsiode were produced in quantities of less than 2,000.
        Very true.

What we need to do is buy what we like in these first waves. Target will then look at what's selling and curate accordingly. So if all the Trek and DC figures are gone, we'll see the line move more in that direction.

The Harley 14" looks solid, so that's a buy, but I'm really, really hoping we finally see a female upgrade for 8-inch. It's the only way my kids will have any interest.

Comment

• marcia29
          • Jul 13, 2018

I am hoping these new figures encourage kids to actually play with them. Collecting is cool, of course, too.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

^That's why I'm hoping for a new female build. The Mattel DC/MOTU and Marvel Legends make it a no contest for them.

Comment

• tmthor
              God of Knock-offs
              • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by cdhall
              Post a link to his YouTube channel and I’ll go subscribe.

He’s a Mego Ambassador I hope.

Maybe can make a channel for his Mego reviews called Ambassador “X”?
              Here is my son's youtube channel just remember he is just starting out (lol and 13)
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZn...pCRfQ/featured

His channel is "Retro Toy Reviewer"

he is really born out of time lol His Favorite Trek is the TOS and His Favorite Movie is "Flash Gordon".
              He wants to be a Mego ambassador but you have to be 18 to be one. He Right now has more Mego then I do out all mine are put away Right now. He has quite a few Micronauts and Mego Trek figures from ST TMP. and a couple of Buck Rogers stuff. I just told him about the news (he has been at the Maritime Academy for the ASLP a science and leadership program that you have to be picked for) He was really happy for the Trek and DC (Harley is his fav dc character) He said he was going to start reviewing the Playmates ST lines to gear up for the New Mego lines.

Comment

• jimbutsu
                Memory *is* RAM!
                • Apr 11, 2002

10,000 is an abundance *in total*, but this will only work out like that if distribution is good. If all locations get the same amount of stuff, in an underserved area it will seem like they're scarcer than scarce, and places where there's no appetite (or plenty of store saturation) will be swimming in product.
                "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by jimbutsu
                  10,000 is an abundance *in total*, but this will only work out like that if distribution is good. If all locations get the same amount of stuff, in an underserved area it will seem like they're scarcer than scarce, and places where there's no appetite (or plenty of store saturation) will be swimming in product.
                  Of course, if they send all 10,000 Action Jackson to Delaware, we're buggered.

Target seems to have a pretty good track record with this stuff, based on my own experiences hunting exclusives both toy and seasonal. I've never failed.

However, I would caution peeps that if they see and they like it, they should buy it then and there.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Liu Bei
                    Banned
                    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by cdhall
                    The Mego Sulu will not only be “official” but will have a different head sculpt and body from the Emce or Custom you already have, no?
                    As I mentioned previously, when comparing the images of the new Mego Sulu to the EMCE one they look identical, except the Mego version appears to be more flesh colored, while the EMCE one more ashen. The head-sculpt appears to be identical. I will be shocked if Mego isn't using the molds created for the EMCE Sulu.

Either way, I will pick up the new "official" Mego Sulu. If they are the same, I'll most likely keep it carded and maybe trade it for any figures that I miss in the future.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                      Banned
                      • Mar 31, 2018

Target seems to have a pretty good track record with this stuff, based on my own experiences hunting exclusives both toy and seasonal. I've never failed.

However, I would caution peeps that if they see and they like it, they should buy it then and there.
                      Indeed. I'll be checking Target constantly as it draws nearer to the 29th. Even if I manage to score it online, I will pick up another if I see it in person. I can't wait to get my hands on that Action Jacskon. I've never had one before, and I've been waiting a long time.

Comment

• pmwasson
                        Maker
                        • Sep 12, 2007

I'm actually looking forward to the hunt. I always had good luck finding the 9" DC heroes and Famous Covers at Target at the turn of the century.
                        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by pmwasson
                          I'm actually looking forward to the hunt. I always had good luck finding the 9" DC heroes and Famous Covers at Target at the turn of the century.
                          Yeah, I remember thinking I was going to be all day and was done by 9:30 in the morning.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• tmthor
                            God of Knock-offs
                            • Nov 29, 2005

Now that we are cursed lets all meet in the parking lots in Delaware and have Action jackson Cookouts and tailgate parties and play with our figures

In reality do we know if the figures have a "street date" or could we find early if stock people put them out early

Comment

• supes
                              For the love of Mego's!
                              • Jan 19, 2004

Delaware is right over the bridge from Jersey for me, so I would be ok with that 😁 seriously I am really excited about them!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

I'm with you guys! The thought of finding Megos hanging on the shelf, in the Toy isle of a major department store brings out the 7 year old in me!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎