X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZombieJimC
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 12, 2014

Im actually very Excited about the new Star trek line. I started watching TOS on Netflix this past weekend. I have never seen all of them. I have seen all the movies and I was/am a big fan of TNG. Sadly, my Mego ST collection is a little incomplete and I do not own any of the EMCE ones. I hope they re-release the USS Enterprise playset. I always enjoyed that as a kid. That transporter was cool.

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

with them doing Cheers and MWC,MASH and Taxi seems more likely I was bummed when they didn't finish Data and the Klingon in the TNG wave,so another sign of hope.I'm optimistic they will do Chapel and Vina.

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

In addition to Superman's 80th anniversary 2018 is also 40th of 1978 Superman the Movie. Zod is in 1st MEGO 14" wave and most likely Superman in wave 2. I would love to see a movie wave with likenesses and movie costumes. 2 waves!

Superman
        Clark Kent
        Lois Lane
        Luthor

Jor-El
        Zod
        Ursa
        Non

And CW DC TV and DCEU movies. WGSH was 1st DC, maybe Marvel will eventually be 14", too.

Comment

• jimbutsu
          Memory *is* RAM!
          • Apr 11, 2002

I'm a little concerned about distribution -- if these are going in even numbers to all Target stores, the 10k figures will get maybe 5-6 per store, and the 8000 figures will get maybe 4 per store, and that's if they don't do any online sales at all (the per store numbers will drop if they hold back any stock for online sales). At the expected packouts of maybe a dozen per case, each store could get maybe 1-2 cases each EVER. Depending on the location, that's either too much or too little. Depending on how this is handled, I fear this being a case of stores getting wiped out in some areas and stuck with pegwarmers in others. Alternately, they identify select stores to load with product at the cost of smaller market/smaller format stores.
          "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by jimbutsu
            I'm a little concerned about distribution -- if these are going in even numbers to all Target stores, the 10k figures will get maybe 5-6 per store, and the 8000 figures will get maybe 4 per store, and that's if they don't do any online sales at all (the per store numbers will drop if they hold back any stock for online sales). At the expected packouts of maybe a dozen per case, each store could get maybe 1-2 cases each EVER. Depending on the location, that's either too much or too little. Depending on how this is handled, I fear this being a case of stores getting wiped out in some areas and stuck with pegwarmers in others. Alternately, they identify select stores to load with product at the cost of smaller market/smaller format stores.
            I was also concerned about this. Living in Portland, there aren't many choices for Target, and lots of people.

Comment

• Ivaniski
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 24, 2007

I hope that they could make a 2 pack 2nd series 8'' (I dream of Jeannie) Dr. Bellows and Major Healy. I'm looking forward to all the New Mego Corp. figures, I'll never buy FTC again...now that Doc and Marty are bringing quality action figures back.
              Last edited by Ivaniski; Jul 11, '18, 7:49 PM.

Comment

• drogge
                Career Member
                • Jul 24, 2009

I will be buying these online the minute they show up. Why not release all the pictures, lets see them all. 20.00 bucks for 14 inch Mego, what a deal!!! The Sulu sculpt looks the same, is that a Gorn and who is the other character shown? Star Trek, so happy.

Comment

• comicmike
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 22, 2009

I am very happy to see the news. I see the re-issue of Mark Lenard's Romulan Commander figure: Yay!
                  I am missing the Romulan, Gorn and Sulu in my own collection (I'm late to the party, and they have been pricier on the current Canadian aftermarket).

I really can't wait to learn more about the line (I am still hoping for the Space Vampire and Pike releases again). Surely there will be more re-issues of the EMCE sculpts, and the Star Trek prototypes that we feared were never to be seen again (Nurse Chapel, Vina, the Lokai Cheron, and the black- and brown-haired red shirt Security Officer variants; that Mirror Mirror Sulu head sculpt); among --undoubtedly-- more surprises.
                  All very exciting news, indeed!

Last edited by comicmike; Jul 11, '18, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                    Career Member
                    • Aug 29, 2007

Id rather see WKRP in Cincinnati than The Cheers set myself, but maybe on down the line. And I love the idea for the Andy Griffith Show set. Wild Wild West... Kolchak the Night Stalker... Goonies... This could get good.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                        Career Member
                        • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by knight errant00
                        Someone please tell me Vina is in the Star Trek assortment. I still have a space saved for her in my display . . .
                        And yeoman Janice Rand
                        "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Very happy these will be sold at Target stores, I have a huge 3 floor mall across the main road from my neighborhood
                          and I can walk over to Target and check these out.

My first pick up will definitely be Romulan Commander, I have a nice custom but getting a never before made
                          Mego one is Chrismas in August. I'll probably pass on most of the other stuff, but I'm happy for those who
                          are excited about them, everyone should get what they long for.

I would like to see hopefully down the road some M*A*S*H* figures in 8" style if they continue the tv show trend,
                          but for me personally please keep the Star Trek figures coming especially the ones mego never made back in the day
                          like Romulan Commander, and we Trekkies want to see Harry Mudd along with Nurse Chapel.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                            Career Member
                            • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by YoungOnce
                            Id rather see WKRP in Cincinnati than The Cheers set myself, but maybe on down the line. And I love the idea for the Andy Griffith Show set. Wild Wild West... Kolchak the Night Stalker... Goonies... This could get good.
                            I wouldn't mind playing with Loni Anderson
                            "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

For TOS, the angle looks to be to repurpose what Doc already has and add some tweaks. So the Romulan will have the red sash...maybe a new sculpt. I'm hoping the Gorn is on the new Muscle body. I'd love to see a show accurate version. Following Dave MC's stuff would be the way to go.

I'd expect the 2nd run to be Chekov, Khan and Salt Vampire.

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
                                Super Powers Lex sold well.
                                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎