X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    Since when do we hate on the leakers? If they didn't sign an NDA, what's the problem?
    I agree, what's up with hating leakers this a forum where leaking helps collectors
    out. Leaking info about the Gorn or Uhura made me wan't all the Star Treks.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
      One eyed, wonder
      • Dec 17, 2009

Hedrap, Crimson, Please let this go. This member theSamurai, is not guilty of anything. I do not believe he signed any NDA. I was willing to share some of this information too. I just had not gotten to it yet. I never signed a NDA.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by theSamurai
        Wasn't trying to "undercut" anyone. (Is this some contest or something more than a message board?) That would assume I had an agenda other than sharing info.
        The info you're looking to share, is the work of people here. So during the launch, you decided to spoil its future at the main place where the people who worked on this project, gather.

It's. Not. Your. Call. To. Make.

Like I said - if it breaks at an action figure news site, so be it.
        Last edited by hedrap; Jul 26, '18, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• cdhall
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 14, 2004

I missed something terrible apparently and now I’m going to have to go back and see what the fuss is. I never saw someone post a “leak” but I saw people asking if some licenses were verified.

Did the original post get deleted? I’ll go look now but I though I went back and looked already. It’s only a 31 page thread... maybe I can find it before I fall asleep?
          :O
          —-
          “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
          - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
          - Captain Spock
          https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap
            I dunno. The guy doing most of the sculpts is the Museum's Norm. The guy deeply involved with the online promotions sorta runs this place too. The guy whose spent twenty years trying to make this a reality by keeping the brand alive, is personally friends with a lot of people here.

Maybe this is all too remote since you're too far to go to the Meet, but Mego's revival isn't some old toy exec deciding to get back in. It's a twenty year culmination of work and the main guy who pulled it off made good by bringing a number of his friends into the mix. That literally went down at the Meet. I wasn't part of it, but to hear about it first-hand...how can you not respect that? And if you can't respect it, then you can't appreciate what's been accomplished.
            Where is my lack of respect? I think you need to take a deep breath and sit back and relax a little.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Ah, you know what? It's inevitable. I shouldn't have even gotten involved. Truth is I didn't even see the list. I have no idea if it's accurate or not.

Everyone is excited. I get it.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

I'm all for us geeks getting our panties in a bunch every once in a while, but this is getting out of hand. Time to pick a scapegoat and move on. Let's go with..umm...Mikey. Yeah, Mikey. Mods you know what to do.
                You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• cdhall
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap
                  The info you're looking to share, is the work of people here. So during the launch, you decided to spoil its future at the main place where the people who worked on this project, gather.

It's. Not. Your. Call. To. Make.

Like I said - if it breaks at an action figure news site, so be it.
                  This is insane. Do you have a badge? Are you some Mego Museum Policeman?

I went back and read through this whole thread to see what happened and I found a totally unsubstantiated post by theSamurai on page 24
                  "Jul 25, '18, 1:08 AM"
                  that I totally glossed over because it was totally undocumented.

It appears to be the post that pmwasson referred to about jeopardizing licenses, but it didn't bother me at all because it was totally undocumented and therefore in my opinion just an unsubstantiated rumor.

This post caused such a rukus?

I also apparently didn't notice where you hedrap first tore into theSamurai but I've read a few of your posts and they are... nuts.

I'm cool if the mods/admins want to delete some or all of this whole thread. I wish I could post pix because I wanted to post some updates from the stores I've been to because it feeds the excitement and that is why most everyone is here, to get excited about cool stuff.

Anyway I don't see that theSamurai did anything wrong. I thought pmwasson was out of line calling into question that the licenses might be in jeopardy but again I missed the first hedrap post firing into theSamurai.

I didn't know this was hedrap's house and we had to ask him for permission to speak, etc, etc. Is there a master list of etiquette or rules that I've also forgotten about.

I'm getting all worked up. hedrap apparently joined the forum 5 years after I did by the way...do I get squatters rights on you calling out who gets to say what? Did someone suspend the Second Amendment to the US Constitution? Are the servers governed by different laws?

This is the kind of bullying someone else posted about that I also chimed in on. I think the mods need to put hedrap straight or something.

Meanwhile I'll try to get over this and post some more stuff people may like to see.

Days ago I volunteered to buy a Romulan Commander and ship it to TheBat at cost and he wasn't interested. Today I bought a great looking Dracula for someone and will ship it to him very close to cost if he wants it. Shipping looks to be about the cost of the figure. I was doing both of those because Ivaniski was so kind to me out of nowhere years ago. I recall him contacting me that he was at FAO Schwartz (spelling?) and he bought a Scotty I think and shipped it to me (it's in my gallery although I may soon take my gallery down if you can do that). That was one of the coolest things that ever happened to me. It was just kindness out of the blue. I'm going to try to focus on that but this piling onto theSamurai is stupid and I wanted to call out hedrap. No one came here to see or participate in this abuse. From someone who doesn't even say what State or Province they live in.

I will try to shut up now. This has really set me off.

I don't think there was any reason to pile onto theSamurai. I thought the 2-3 posts about "is this verified?" and "where did you get this" were totally justified and not threatening and I just blew threw them. I don't see how any of that blew up. I'm not going to go back and look again.

Peace and Long Life people.
                  —-
                  - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• cdhall
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 14, 2004

OK.
                    I've uploaded pictures from every Target I've been to and they are in my Gallery now.
                    And a Closeup of 2 Draculas.
                    I may upload a pic of the neck of one Kirk in the Mirror box. Many I've seen seem nearly decapitated.
                    Chekov's collars seem to have an issue. I have a pic of 3 of them together from Target no1 but I'm not sure I can do any more. I have to close out my month but I wanted to spread some cheer thanks to Mego and I hope that works.

Peace and Long Life.
                    —-
                    - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• cdhall
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 14, 2004

OK.
                      I've uploaded pictures from every Target I've been to and they are in my Gallery now.
                      And a Closeup of 2 Draculas.
                      I may upload a pic of the neck of one Kirk in the Mirror box. Many I've seen seem nearly decapitated.
                      Chekov's collars seem to have an issue. I have a pic of 3 of them together from Target no1 but I'm not sure I can do any more. I have to close out my month but I wanted to spread some cheer thanks to Mego and I hope that works.

Peace and Long Life.
                      —-
                      - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                        Career Member
                        • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by J.B.
                        I'm all for us geeks getting our panties in a bunch every once in a while, but this is getting out of hand. Time to pick a scapegoat and move on. Let's go with..umm...Mikey. Yeah, Mikey. Mods you know what to do.
                        I for one, do not wear panties. Just sayin
                        "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Okay, folks need to step back and breath. I saw the same stuff on the same site a few weeks ago, and alerted some of the folks in the know. There was no panic in the streets on their part; it's just something that happens in modern retail. The SDCC announcements came, and none of this was revealed; I figured it would get out anyway, and the site's real use, to see if things are in stock, didn't seem to be working for Mego very well, so I figured there was no real reason to post about it. Point is, that was simply my own, personal choice; I didn't have people involved in Mego begging me not to reveal the info, and they didn't offhand say for certain if it was all accurate. And if they didn't seem that concerned about it, I don't know why others seem to be. Someone ran across it as I expected and revealed it; it was going to happen because a lot of collectors use that site on the hunt. It's not a catastrophe, or a betrayal. Revealing something that is out there for the public to see, not hidden in any way, is not something to rake folks over the coals for.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎