X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theSamurai
    Banned
    • Mar 27, 2017

Originally posted by pmwasson
    Is there any chance that leaking information could cause grief for a license negotiation? I know a lot of people have worked hard on the Mego relaunch, and I'd hate for it to get jeopardized for a few minutes of Mego Museum fame.
    Why must people post stuff like this? It's rather snarky.

I had a tons more info I came to share but I'll refrain from seeking "fame".

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by tmthor
      Not entirely true if the cases were not dated with a street date then they can go out when a store manager decides they can
      Yep! If something is not street dated,it goes out right away. So it depends on how each stores works as some store work out freight faster or some stores are still waiting in transit for the product.

Comment

• jimbutsu
        Memory *is* RAM!
        • Apr 11, 2002

Originally posted by tmthor
        Not entirely true if the cases were not dated with a street date then they can go out when a store manager decides they can
        In the case of Target specifically, corporate has A LOT of control over what goes out, when, and where on the shelves, etc., irrespective of what's on the box.
        I spent seven years working for Target HQ, so I'm not interested in debating this.

EDIT: They *should* have a lot of control, but clearly it breaks down in cases like this when stuff goes out early....
        Last edited by jimbutsu; Jul 25, '18, 6:07 PM.
        "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by theSamurai

Don't take it personally, buddy. Welcome to the forums, and please stick around.

Comment

• drogge
            Career Member
            • Jul 24, 2009

As long as the leaks are from Target, it should all be well. Tell us more. If what you've said so far is correct, I am overjoyed. Wow.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

When something Mego pops into the toy world someone always appears out of nowhere with inside info. Color us jaded. If you're right, that's great.

Edit: No proof of the Sulu/Uhura 2-pack.
              Last edited by hedrap; Jul 25, '18, 7:55 PM.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                One eyed, wonder
                • Dec 17, 2009

theSamurai, Paul was posting a question with his concerns. I consider pmwasson a good friend and don't believe he meant to accuse you of anything. I myself wanted to share this information and was trying to figure out if it would be OK. You just beat me to the punch. Please don't single him out over this post. Other members question you and your source way before this. I really believe it could have been me, in your shoes right now.

Comment

• pmwasson
                  Maker
                  • Sep 12, 2007

I'm sorry for the rude comment. I won't be posting anything more about potential leaks. I hope that is satisfactory.
                  sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

I swear,I feel like a kid three days before Christmas,I'm actually excited for toy product this time around,I haven't been in a long while.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                      One eyed, wonder
                      • Dec 17, 2009

I'm sorry for the rude comment. I won't be posting anything more about potential leaks. I hope that is satisfactory.
                      Not a problem Paul. You can ask any questions here. You are a very valued member of this community. We alls knows that! Samurai, is new and jumping the gun. Just like I did, when I first got here in '09.

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

Don't apologize. You did nothing wrong.

Comment

• theSamurai
                          Banned
                          • Mar 27, 2017

Originally posted by hedrap
                          Just to be clear.. I don't post much because I don't always visit here daily/weekly, or have much to say when I do. But, I've been visiting here for a very long time (years and years). And I'm not new to this segment of the hobby or collecting in general. In fact, I've probably been doing it longer than most here.

With that being said, one of the reason I don't post is due to posts and replies like I've received. It's a strange vibe here at times, and there's a cool-kids table crowd thumping through the hallways for sure that I don't really strive to be part of. But, 'nuff of that.

All I wanted to do was share some info, so I have lots more to share, but since it's become an issue please PM me and I'll give those that want it all that I have.

I'll assume pmwasson and hedrap do not want any of it.

This seems a fair solution.

Best to everyone.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                            One eyed, wonder
                            • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by hedrap
                            Yes he did! He printed the Fantastic Four logo backwards on my sticker! Sticker all wrong. I'll make up more about this later.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                              One eyed, wonder
                              • Dec 17, 2009

Just to be clear.. I don't post much because I don't always visit here daily/weekly, or have much to say when I do. But, I've been visiting here for a very long time (years and years). And I'm not new to this segment of the hobby or collecting in general. In fact, I've probably been doing it longer than most here.

With that being said, one of the reason I don't post is due to posts and replies like I've received. It's a strange vibe here at times, and there's a cool-kids table crowd thumping through the hallways for sure that I don't really strive to be part of. But, 'nuff of that.

All I wanted to do was share some info, so I have lots more to share, but since it's become an issue please PM me and I'll give those that want it all that I have.

I'll assume pmwasson and hedrap do not want any of it.

This seems a fair solution.

Best to everyone.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

I think you've shared a great deal of information in your last post, Samurai. Thank you.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎