X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Awesome! More monsters. Samantha is also a very good choice.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mary Canary
      Career Member
      • Jun 21, 2017

I would love a Samantha.
      But which Darren would they make to go with her? Darren 1 or Darren 2? LOL.

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

Forget Darrin. Make a Samantha/Endora 2-pack.

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

-- Sorry --
          Last edited by pmwasson; Jul 27, '18, 12:42 AM. Reason: Apology
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• SWCWorld
            Museum Patron
            • Aug 10, 2011

Don't know about "following the rules," as I think it is a case-by-case basis. For instance, I went Monday (July 23) to a local Target here in Dallas during lunch and found the following in the Action figures section of the Toys, all carded figures on pegs:
            1. Alice - 2
            2. Piper from Charmed - 4
            3. Tootie - 1
            4. Chekov - 2
            5. Norm from Cheers - 1
            6. Kirk/Spock Mirror Mirror - 1
            and all of the 14" figures (2 of each except for Batman; they only had 1 Batman). Zod is very cool in-person. I did not buy anything, as I was looking for the Dracula, Fonzie, and Sulu figures, but it was nice to see everything in-person. Conversely, I've visited both Targets in my hometown about 20 miles from Dallas, and neither have the figures out yet. I'm guessing they'll have them out on Sunday when they are supposed to be on display.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by pmwasson
              Is there any chance that leaking information could cause grief for a license negotiation?
              Since Target is apparently behind the leak, probably not.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• pmwasson
                Maker
                • Sep 12, 2007

Its not Target. Its a third party inventory tracker. The website in question has the following disclaimer:
                Please Note
                We are not affiliated with any of the retailers listed on our site. Please do not use the site as means to price match items. By using the site you agree that you are using this information at your own risk and thus realize that Theft, Damage, or Misplaced Inventory may cause inaccuracies.
                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• josephcardone
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 10, 2010

This is off the above topic.

I hate the fact that these are already on eBay for $50. I feel like we are a community that has always helped each other collect. I know it is not any of us doing this but it annoys me !

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Its not Target. Its a third party inventory tracker.
                    Ah, okay, but since the stuff is already showing up in Target's inventory it's probably far enough along to not have to worry about it.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by josephcardone

I hate the fact that these are already on eBay for $50. I feel like we are a community that has always helped each other collect. I know it is not any of us doing this but it annoys me !
                      Agreed, it's not my favourite but it is creating a buzz for Mego, which really makes me happy.

I firmly believe we'll look out for each other on this one.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap
                        ^Are these verified?

I see how they make sense and do fit the licensing, but at the same time, it feels sketchy.
                        Originally posted by RonnyG
                        Forget Darrin. Make a Samantha/Endora 2-pack.
                        Wow! She's fantastic!
                        JediJaida

Comment

• tmthor
                          God of Knock-offs
                          • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by jimbutsu
                          This was July 12th... we should be expecting what we're seeing now.
                          What I don't like is that some stores have taken it upon themselves to put this stuff up ahead of time - this is a failure at the store level and the system level (they can tie specific SKUs to sell-by dates so that even if it hits the floor the register will flag it as not for sale yet if someone tries to buy it) that *SHOULD* be treated like a huge deal if it gets out of hand (probably it won't; different regions and districts have different managers and some are probably running a tighter ship than others).

Given how much is showing up and where, I'd guess that this first batch will be one and done - the stores get what they get in the first round. The stores that are getting them should have them already; they'll go out overnight Saturday during resets. IF the store that put them out early followed the planogram, the upside is that it means you should be able to expect them to be on an endcap in toys in any store with the same format as the one that released early. That said, if they're putting stuff out early, my confidence in them following other directions is not so strong.
                          Not entirely true if the cases were not dated with a street date then they can go out when a store manager decides they can

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Its not Target. Its a third party inventory tracker. The website in question has the following disclaimer:
                            Said tracker isn't much help here. either, as far as finding stuff on the shelves. I had checked a couple of the Targets where folks have photographic proof and we've had a specific location, and it lists them as out of stock at those Targets. A little while back, I checked Walmart for a Jurassic World dino I'd just seen a couple of 15 minutes before, and it said there were none at the store.

Comment

• tmthor
                              God of Knock-offs
                              • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by josephcardone

It's real simple don't buy from them....don't complain they have a right to buy and resell....just like we have a right not to buy them from them . If no one buys from ebayers then the sellers won't buy them in the future.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 12, 2014

How about Samantha and Dr Bombay? Come right away.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎