X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Be aware, they are not being sold in all Target stores. Even if it has a toy department, it might not carry them. Calling and confirming that they will actually have them is a good idea.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I have access to two Targets, perhaps three if I stretch. I'm fairly anxious that I'm going to miss out on these.

The doubly frustrating thing is that they are appearing early, and randomly.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• KOMonger
        Banned
        • Feb 17, 2015

Target's site is only showing 14 items out of the 20 for my area. Hope this changes soon!
        Edit: 14 out of 18 (20 figs but only 18 skus).
        Last edited by KOMonger; Jul 24, '18, 6:11 AM.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

What I'm seeing on those displays looks pretty plentiful. But if there is a figure you think you might miss out in your area, just order it at Target online and you're protected from the scalpers. Once most Target stores have these stocked, it will be allot easier to find all of them. My thinking...

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I checked my local Target in Massachusetts but nothing yet, although the action figure aisle is half empty, what they
            had were Star Wars, Marvel figures and Wrestling and some Power Rangers and Hot Wheels, (but) there was an empty
            open space area so I'll go back and check on Friday.

Comment

• Mary Canary
              Career Member
              • Jun 21, 2017

I think if you're not hung up on that limited edition sticker, the best sellers will probably be reissued once the exclusive deal with Target ends. Isn't that kind of what Mego did the first time around? Discontinue the low sellers and keeping the ones that continue to sell in production, even if they vary slightly from year to year or wave to wave? Like maybe Peg Bundy gets one release, but maybe Star Trek characters stick around in future waves or Dracula gets rereleased with a different color cape. Just a thought I had as I'm seeing a lot of folks posting online about their anxiety of missing out.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                Be aware, they are not being sold in all Target stores. Even if it has a toy department, it might not carry them. Calling and confirming that they will actually have them is a good idea.
                I know right Lonnie.

Curious if anyone knows why new MEGO is on shelves already in some parts of Texas, but not Florida?
                Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
                :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
                I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  I Knew it..10,000 to spread out among 1850 stores nationwide? Likely the higher sales volume stores will get them and the rest gets squat. This is a scalper's dream as long as people keep buying from them and supporting them. All it's takes is one guy to buy everything up and the next guy left with nothing.

Comment

• Brue
                    User without title
                    • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                    I am 0-for-2 in central Ohio. There are lots of scalpers around here and I am a little worried that I'll miss the ones that I want the most.
                    If you pay me a sizeable markup, I can hook you up.

nah, just kidding. glad you checked the stores so i don't need to.

Comment

• J.B.
                      Guild Navigator
                      • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by MIB41
                      What I'm seeing on those displays looks pretty plentiful. But if there is a figure you think you might miss out in your area, just order it at Target online and you're protected from the scalpers. Once most Target stores have these stocked, it will be allot easier to find all of them. My thinking...
                      Always good to see you back, Tom.
                      You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• cdhall
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by MIB41
                        I totally disagree. Based on what I saw this morning they appear to have stocked 4 each.

Someone predicted they would get five of each.

Some of the figures only had three left when I got there and I bought one of each Trek figure. So all the Trek figures are down to three in that store, I’m counting the Mirror Diorama as a figure.

And they haven’t even released yet. There were several that seemed to have sold one already. Action Jackson was the only one I think that still had four on the peg. For example in the photo I posted earlier there was only one 14 inch Harley Quinn.

But in the second store, they didn’t have the Mirror Diorama (yet) andvonly had Chekov.

So if they ship 4 per store does that leave about 2,000 each online? If there are only 10,000 is that enough and can you order online and then they run out before yours ships or is “online” one warehouse so they literally fulfill your order?

I offered early on to hook some of you guys up if I could. Now it may already be too late. I’m thinking I might go buy another Mirror Diorama and sit on it to see what happens. I was planning to open my figures. Sulu and Chekov anyway. By the way, they were a LOT heavier than I expected. Since I was careful to get the best ones I could find, I may go back and get a less perfect Sulu/Chekov to open. You can see from the pic I linked to that 3 Chekov’s had less than perfect looking collars.
                        —-
                        “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                        - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                        - Captain Spock
                        https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by J.B.
                          Always good to see you back, Tom.
                          I second that!

Also:

Still loving this MEGO ATTACK: 2018!

Incredible!
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by cdhall
                            I totally disagree. Based on what I saw this morning they appear to have stocked 4 each.

Someone predicted they would get five of each.

Some of the figures only had three left when I got there and I bought one of each Trek figure. So all the Trek figures are down to three in that store, I’m counting the Mirror Diorama as a figure.

And they haven’t even released yet. There were several that seemed to have sold one already. Action Jackson was the only one I think that still had four on the peg. For example in the photo I posted earlier there was only one 14 inch Harley Quinn.

But in the second store, they didn’t have the Mirror Diorama (yet) andvonly had Chekov.

So if they ship 4 per store does that leave about 2,000 each online? If there are only 10,000 is that enough and can you order online and then they run out before yours ships or is “online” one warehouse so they literally fulfill your order?

I offered early on to hook some of you guys up if I could. Now it may already be too late....
                            Also, I can't believe I want the Trek Megos so bad, as I'm not an Original Series guy...but the NOSTALGIA! I had the original six, and the playset when I was six years old... you just can't shake that!

I'm tempted to put a "Wanted" post in the marketplace.

cdhall's post put "the fear" in me.
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• cdhall
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 14, 2004

FYI
                              End cap store which is on my way home from my morning Doctor appointment is down a

1 14” Harley Quinn
                              2 Drac & Sulu, 14” Batman, Harley
                              3 Chekov, 3 Mirror Dioramas, Alice, 14” Wonder Woman
                              4 AJ, Hendrix, Fonz, Norm, Peg, Tootie, Kelly, Piper, Jeanie Dioramas, 14” Zod

I had to stop and look. All the Mirror Kirks look nearly decapitated per yesterday’s picture or I’d get another one. Maybe if I see one while I’m out today with not-so-headless Kirk I’ll get one. There are many Targets in Austin but this endcap one is not larger than the one by me that had a few on the shelf.

Back to work for me. Another Doctor appointment at 1pm. The VA is maybe useless to me.
                              —-
                              “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                              - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                              - Captain Spock
                              https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• jimbutsu
                                Memory *is* RAM!
                                • Apr 11, 2002

Originally posted by jimbutsu
                                I'm a little concerned about distribution -- if these are going in even numbers to all Target stores, the 10k figures will get maybe 5-6 per store, and the 8000 figures will get maybe 4 per store, and that's if they don't do any online sales at all (the per store numbers will drop if they hold back any stock for online sales). At the expected packouts of maybe a dozen per case, each store could get maybe 1-2 cases each EVER. Depending on the location, that's either too much or too little. Depending on how this is handled, I fear this being a case of stores getting wiped out in some areas and stuck with pegwarmers in others. Alternately, they identify select stores to load with product at the cost of smaller market/smaller format stores.
                                This was July 12th... we should be expecting what we're seeing now.
                                What I don't like is that some stores have taken it upon themselves to put this stuff up ahead of time - this is a failure at the store level and the system level (they can tie specific SKUs to sell-by dates so that even if it hits the floor the register will flag it as not for sale yet if someone tries to buy it) that *SHOULD* be treated like a huge deal if it gets out of hand (probably it won't; different regions and districts have different managers and some are probably running a tighter ship than others).

Given how much is showing up and where, I'd guess that this first batch will be one and done - the stores get what they get in the first round. The stores that are getting them should have them already; they'll go out overnight Saturday during resets. IF the store that put them out early followed the planogram, the upside is that it means you should be able to expect them to be on an endcap in toys in any store with the same format as the one that released early. That said, if they're putting stuff out early, my confidence in them following other directions is not so strong.
                                "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎