• Show
Clear All
  • cdhall
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 14, 2004

What?!?
    That’s Chekov!
    With Kirk and Spock on the box!

OK! Now I’m excited because there appear to be an unknown number of Trek figures.

I’ll expect that I’m buying 12 - 24 figures plus some other ladies to see how they do in Uhura’s uniform.

But if they did Sulu and Chekov, surely with Doc there especially they realize that a Chapel release gives us a Blue female uniform and boots to customize ladies with and purists like me don’t need to sweat sideburns so the Uhura and Chapel figures may sell much more than Kirk and Spock, partly because I think I have 9 fully Functional Spocks and 2-3 Kirks already. Kirk in the Green Tribbles shirt and Spock in a Blue Sickbay jump-thing would have been a buy from me for sure and of course such a Spock may sell more for that Blue Sickbay jumpsuit...
    —-
    “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
    - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
    - Captain Spock
    https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• cdhall
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 14, 2004

These guys

Say “The line will feature articulated cloth 8-inch figures, 14-inch figures, and 8-inch figure 2-pack dioramas. The toys will be sold under the brand “Marty Abrams presents Mego™” and be launched in three waves in 2018.”

Three waves this year?
      July, September, November perhaps?

Ack!
      Eeek!
      —-
      - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• tmthor
        God of Knock-offs
        • Nov 29, 2005

My son and I cant wait

Comment

• tmthor
          God of Knock-offs
          • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by Random Axe
          after reading so many asinine remarks on the ambassador page ripping this relaunch I had to come here and feel the love. So here's some thoughts of my own that may run counter to the naysayers of facebook

1. I think the card artwork is pretty cool. It's got an 80s Commodore 64/Atari and Activision charm in the design and colors pallete. I read people are going to pass on these based on packaging. Those are sad people.

2. I'm not going to buy every figure but Im going to get the majority. So many complaints on license and head sculpts and character choice. Buy what you want leave the rest for someone else. pretty simple

3. No, we didn't get Star Wars or Marvel. That's something to aspire to, not to rip the company because you're disappointed. Crawl before sprinting.

4. This will be the first time since I've drawn breath on this planet I'll be able to enter a retail store and purchase, with my own money, an official Mego product. I find that exhilarating and surreal.

5. I'm putting in for a day off work to experience this. I just hope I pick the correct day. Guess I need to introduce myself to the general manager
          ^ this is an awesome post sir !!!!

Comment

• tmthor
            God of Knock-offs
            • Nov 29, 2005

Kind of a shame these will be next to the NECA offerings that could hurt sales a little

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

after reading so many asinine remarks on the ambassador page ripping this relaunch I had to come here and feel the love. So here's some thoughts of my own that may run counter to the naysayers of facebook

1. I think the card artwork is pretty cool. It's got an 80s Commodore 64/Atari and Activision charm in the design and colors pallete. I read people are going to pass on these based on packaging. Those are sad people.

2. I'm not going to buy every figure but Im going to get the majority. So many complaints on license and head sculpts and character choice. Buy what you want leave the rest for someone else. pretty simple

3. No, we didn't get Star Wars or Marvel. That's something to aspire to, not to rip the company because you're disappointed. Crawl before sprinting.

4. This will be the first time since I've drawn breath on this planet I'll be able to enter a retail store and purchase, with my own money, an official Mego product. I find that exhilarating and surreal.

5. I'm putting in for a day off work to experience this. I just hope I pick the correct day. Guess I need to introduce myself to the general manager

Well said!!
              sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

I wish I could say that, I feel old.

Comment

• SKotK
                  Career Member
                  • Mar 11, 2014

Well, I'm stoked. Though I already have the EMCE versions of everything in the new Star Trek line mentioned so far (except for that tantalizing Romulan Commander!), I will probably pick them up again just because. And of course I'll be hoping for some new offerings to follow: Chapel, Rand, Vina, Mudd, etc.

Star Trek Lives! Mego Lives!

--SKot
                  Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

plus with Neca coming out with their 8 inch offerings,and that mego and neca will be in target stores by august,this is the most exciting week I can remember for mego news

Comment

• SWCWorld
                      Museum Patron
                      • Aug 10, 2011

Originally posted by cjefferys
                      I wish I could say that, I feel old.
                      I remember buying boxed Megos from the local TG&Y for $1.97 each; the last boxed WGSH I purchased as a kid was the Amazing Spider-Man. Still have him with the box and insert. Still have all 10 of the Apes figures, plus all four of the super villains, Spidey, and Captain America. I'll be getting a Sulu, Chekov, and Bela Legosi Dracula a week from Sunday, and maybe an Action Jackson. I'm hoping that Mego will re-acquire the Planet of the Apes 8" line rights again and give us a Charlton Heston as Taylor figure (the one figure I wanted as a kid and was never produced), an Astronaut Brent figure, and perhaps a Nova figure. Of course, a true Ursus from Beneath would be awesome, too.

Comment

• cdhall
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 14, 2004

My phone pix can’t be uploaded.
                        I’m standing in front of Mirror Diorama, Sulu, Chekov and Drac et al.

I should get Mirror and Drac but I’ll get Mirror, Chekov and Sulu.

I have to go home and get my Target card!

Aaaggh!

P.S. The file is a jpg apparently but I can't upload it from my computer either. On my way back to the store now. I will have to move a loose appointment I had planned but, this completes my Mego Bridge Crew and adds the Mirror Diorama for what that's worth. Some of the Kirk's I saw were nearly decapitated. I have pix if I can get them uploaded.
                        Last edited by cdhall; Jul 23, '18, 11:00 AM.
                        —-
                        - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

What part of the store are they in? Toy section? Movie/Game Section?

Comment

• cdhall
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 14, 2004

Also, it’s an end cap with 4 of each Trek item.
                            4 Drac and AJ I think too.
                            —-
                            - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

I can't believe what is happening. The news was startling enough... but some of these are IN STORES NOW?

Unbelievable.

Mego is back more than i ever dreamed possible... I am very grateful!

Cheers to all!

(Speaking of "Cheers", to you who think THAT'S weird, I'd buy a Niles or Marty doll over anyone from Cheers any day)
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• cdhall
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 14, 2004

Toys.
                                2nd store has 4 Chekov and other Megos but not on Action figure Aisle.
                                Dude told me “may as well put em out” and asked “How much are they going for online already?”
                                —-
                                - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍