X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

Target has close to 2000 stores in North America and hoping there is an equal number
    of figures , that would average 5 ( of each 8'' figure )and 4 on the 14''( each) per store.
    We have 7 Targets in my area and they never get equal ammounts, with one store gets
    several cases, and another has none. They also don't get new figures if the old ones are
    still hanging on pegs.

Comment

• cdhall
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
      10,000 is an abundance.

Most of the remego stuff you like now is produced at a third of that volume.

The limited figures that everyone speaks of in that epsiode were produced in quantities of less than 2,000.
      So I meant to emphasize that:
      a) Marty surely knows all this;
      b) Marty is a widely regarded master of this issue;
      c) Therefore we have nothing to fear but fear itself!

I mean, we’re in good hands. This is better than Allstate!
      —-
      “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
      - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
      - Captain Spock
      https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• cdhall
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by tmthor
        Here is my son's youtube channel just remember he is just starting out (lol and 13)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZn...pCRfQ/featured

His channel is "Retro Toy Reviewer"

he is really born out of time lol His Favorite Trek is the TOS and His Favorite Movie is "Flash Gordon".
        He wants to be a Mego ambassador but you have to be 18 to be one. He Right now has more Mego then I do out all mine are put away Right now. He has quite a few Micronauts and Mego Trek figures from ST TMP. and a couple of Buck Rogers stuff. I just told him about the news (he has been at the Maritime Academy for the ASLP a science and leadership program that you have to be picked for) He was really happy for the Trek and DC (Harley is his fav dc character) He said he was going to start reviewing the Playmates ST lines to gear up for the New Mego lines.
        I will go check it out and subscribe!

That is an outstanding post! Congratulations!

If he can’t be a Mego Ambassador, have him strip his audio into a podcast, see if you can get him on Twitch, and have him start consulting with Ambassadors and wanna be Ambassadors!
        —-
        - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• cdhall
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by ovenmitt
          Bond. James Bond! All the 007 actiors from Connery to Craig. All movies, Bond Girls and Villians and Henchmen! Q! Moneypenny! 8" or 14". Make sure the figures are not shaken or stirred in packages.
          I wouldn’t buy them but I imagine Dr Who might give Trek a run for it’s money and generate some activity across the pond.

I’d buy some of them. And some Weeping Angels.OMG I have to get to my computer and start writing!!
          —-
          - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• cdhall
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
            I'm with you guys! The thought of finding Megos hanging on the shelf, in the Toy isle of a major department store brings out the 7 year old in me!
            The Bat is THE MAN.
            The Bat. Man.
            —-
            - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by cdhall
              The Bat is THE MAN.
              The Bat. Man.
              sigpic

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by wise guy
                Target has close to 2000 stores in North America and hoping there is an equal number
                of figures , that would average 5 ( of each 8'' figure )and 4 on the 14''( each) per store.
                We have 7 Targets in my area and they never get equal ammounts, with one store gets
                several cases, and another has none. They also don't get new figures if the old ones are
                still hanging on pegs.

Going to TARGET today to get the official of the official report direct from the managers mouth everyone.

Will get all the details and camping out options.

Will report back and start a new thread on what I have found out.

Corny
                Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
                :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
                I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

My guess is 1-2 cases per target store

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

I wonder if these will be located on the back wall at Target, along with most of the Funko and other retro items. That's probably where I am heading first on Sunday Morning, July 29!

Comment

• cdhall
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 14, 2004

Store allocations and Aug 1st is a Wednesday

Originally posted by Cornelius POTA
                      Will report back and start a new thread on what I have found out.

Corny
                      Post a link or something so I can find the new thread.

I am curious with the speculation on the numbers if maybe only 1 Target per City will get stocked or maybe loaded up. If they have 2,000 stores and there are 10,000 figures and none are available online that is 5 figures per store. There are 3 figures so that is 15 per store. I don't get that but I'm curious to know when and where to be on Aug 1st. Online at Midnight with my Target Card and then go to the store at 8am on Wednesday August 1st?
                      —-
                      - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by cdhall
                        Post a link or something so I can find the new thread.

I am curious with the speculation on the numbers if maybe only 1 Target per City will get stocked or maybe loaded up. If they have 2,000 stores and there are 10,000 figures and none are available online that is 5 figures per store. There are 3 figures so that is 15 per store. I don't get that but I'm curious to know when and where to be on Aug 1st. Online at Midnight with my Target Card and then go to the store at 8am on Wednesday August 1st?
                        Yep,just figured it out to 5 figures of each character per store and that's IF each Target gets anything.

10,000 of each character divided by 1,829 Target stores will equal to just 5 characters per store. That's not much at all. All it will take is one scalper to come in and buy everything up.

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

We have a bunch of scalpers in Cen-Cal and years ago Block Buster carried the EMCE
                          Star Trek but they were all sold out as soon as they came out. I never found any of them

Comment

• Liu Bei
                            Banned
                            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by wise guy
                            We have a bunch of scalpers in Cen-Cal and years ago Block Buster carried the EMCE
                            Star Trek but they were all sold out as soon as they came out. I never found any of them

I hope that isn't the case now but fear it will be. Scalpers are the scum of the earth when it comes to toy collecting.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

I guess the only other option to beat the scalpers is online at Target.com?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Liu Bei
                                Banned
                                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by The Bat
                                I guess the only other option to beat the scalpers is online at Target.com?
                                No. They go there too. You can mitigate the damage by limiting the number of purchases per customer, but that rarely happens.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎