X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdhall
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 14, 2004

Got em.
    I should come back for Drac... I doubt anything will be there on Sunday. There will be discontent...
    —-
    “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
    - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
    - Captain Spock
    https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• cdhall
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 14, 2004

Also the figures are on cards that are not resealable. That’s probably a plus if they are limited and made to stay in the package.

I may go buy another something tonigh. Maybe AJ or Drac. I want to open them! My plan was to open them but I wonder if I should keep the Diorama mint?
      —-
      - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• cdhall
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 14, 2004

It’s like having a border ship that brings me in a case every now and then across the Neutral Zone.

A cloaked ship of course because this didn’t happen.

What a day. I had such a bad weekend Fri-Mon morning, this was a great boost to my spirits.
        And it wouldn’t have happened for me without the Museum. Thanks Brian et al.
        Last edited by cdhall; Jul 23, '18, 12:36 PM.
        —-
        - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by cdhall
          It’s like having a border ship that brings me in a case every now and then across the Neutral Zone.

A cloaked ship of course because this didn’t happen.

What a day. I had such a bad weekend Fri-Mon morning, this was a great boost to my spirits.
          And it wouldn’t have happened for me without the Museum. Thanks Brian et al.

You're in Texas, yeah? Wonder why they are hitting early there. Has anyone else found these in stores yet?

Comment

• cdhall
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 14, 2004

The end cap display I found was previously used for Harry Potter. A painted half circle on the floor says to take a picture with Hedwig on your arm for backbto school.

I found it odd that the 2nd store where I spoke to the guy who put out what they had, didn’t have them on the Action Figure or Collectibles aisle but they were on an isle across from a conspicuous Marvel display that showcased many figures.

I wonder if that will be redone. I kinda doubt they’ll have enough to redo it for Sunday.
            —-
            - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

I am 0-for-2 in central Ohio. There are lots of scalpers around here and I am a little worried that I'll miss the ones that I want the most.

Comment

• cdhall
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 14, 2004

I just sorted and modified the names of several photos and tried to upload them to my gallery and failed.
                Sorry.
                I thought some of you may like to see the pix but I can't spend any more time on it right now. Maybe later tonight. They are all .jpg and one is 3mb, I checked and I have 3.5, 3.9 and 3.4MB at 3000x4000 pixels more or less.
                I could try to take some specific shots later. I don't want to debut myself on YouTube unboxing a figure or a Diorama so that ain't happenin'
                I will try to discern the issue with adding pix to my Gallery. There are pix there. I don't know if I can only do 1 at a time or what. I thought if I got a pic in my gallery I could link to it here in the post. I remember having to learn all of this once. Years ago. Maybe on the old board/forum/format.
                I just cropped and shrunk one to 1MB 1500x1800 if someone wants to see what the display is after I straightened it a bit, message me and I can email you the pic to post somewhere.
                —-
                - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• cdhall
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 14, 2004

Target Mego Endcap July 2018

I just sorted and modified the names of several photos and tried to upload them to my gallery and failed.
                  Sorry.
                  I thought some of you may like to see the pix but I can't spend any more time on it right now. Maybe later tonight. They are all .jpg and one is 3mb, I checked and I have 3.5, 3.9 and 3.4MB at 3000x4000 pixels more or less.
                  I could try to take some specific shots later. I don't want to debut myself on YouTube unboxing a figure or a Diorama so that ain't happenin'
                  I will try to discern the issue with adding pix to my Gallery. There are pix there. I don't know if I can only do 1 at a time or what. I thought if I got a pic in my gallery I could link to it here in the post. I remember having to learn all of this once. Years ago. Maybe on the old board/forum/format.
                  I just cropped and shrunk one to 1MB 1500x1800 if someone wants to see what the display is after I straightened it a bit, message me and I can email you the pic to post somewhere.

OK. I think this may work. Now I have to get back to work!
                  Last edited by cdhall; Jul 23, '18, 3:10 PM. Reason: Photo
                  —-
                  - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• RonnyG
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 23, 2014

Nice! Thanks for the pic!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

Nice little display! It seems like Texas is the place to find Mego’s ahead of the release date. Does anyone know why this may be the case?

- Ian
                      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Texans can't follow the rules? Not cool that they would sell early.

Comment

• cdhall
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                          Texans can't follow the rules? Not cool that they would sell early.
                          The guy at store 2 who put them on the aisle was clearly just doing what he felt made his life easier.
                          I thought about the interview where Doc, whose spent decades on this said that Target let him have some to display and sell early at ComicCon and what type of Executive Suite disagreements went on and contracts... to decide on the release and marketing strategy (like not giving Doc time to make better bodies...) and some guy at THE BOTTOM of the totem pole decides all by himself “I’ll put em out early, somebody will buy ‘em.”

Some executives could get fired, license deals revoked... because a stocker didn’t want to follow orders and obviously no one manages the department to notice they’re on the floor.

The End cap store however, several managers there must know.

I too feared I wouldn’t have another chance. I meant to buy them Sat/Sun not today. If I thought Sulu and Chekov would still be there, I’d have gotten Drac.

But if AJ had pointy sideburns and 3 hair colors, I’d put him in uniforms in every department on the Enterprise.

I forgot about him. I felt a twinge when I saw him but thought odds are in my favor I can get him later.
                          —-
                          - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• greensavage2000
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                            I am 0-for-2 in central Ohio. There are lots of scalpers around here and I am a little worried that I'll miss the ones that I want the most.
                            I'm 0-for-3 in central Ohio. I'm the winner at losing, yay. I tried the Lennox Target, Grove City and the one they just opened on campus. I think today was the opening day. It sounded like conditions would be right. It's a small Target. Guess what? No Toy Department! At least I drowned my sorrows with Buckeye Donuts.

Comment

• RonnyG
                              Career Member
                              • Apr 23, 2014

Nothing at my local Target in Los Angeles. Fortunately, I have three more Targets in close vicinity. I will check them in the days ahead, but not all in one day.

Comment

• Madcap70
                                • Dec 4, 2017

Found the links at Target.com

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=mego

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡