X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdhall
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
    ALL good ideas guys. Maybe by working together with each other here at the Museum, we can all get the figures were after...and can BEAT the Scalpers.
    Yes.
    I’ll get your back on Romulan Commander if I can.
    We need to have everyone buy 2-3 of each and swap them here.
    Worst case scenario, someone has to return an unopened, minty purchase to the store, yes?
    I guess if there are only 3, we don’t need a more elaborate plan than everyone buy an extra set and swap them here to get what you want, right?
    Well, for Trek figures anyway. I’m sure you all have a network in place to be sure you all get what you need. My initial thought was to start a thread where everyone posted what they wanted and have 2 guys post who’ll back them up, but surely I’m reinventing the wheel.
    —-
    “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
    - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
    - Captain Spock
    https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by cdhall
      Yes.
      I’ll get your back on Romulan Commander if I can.

Very nice of you, thanks. I do feel pretty confident though I will be able to find one at my local Target here in Maine. I'll also probably do the midnight thing online on the 29/30th just to be on the safe side.
      sigpic

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Not that it would be a good thing in other aspects, but it would be a good sign for the line if the traffic on Target.com was heavy enough to crash the servers. "New Mego line so popular Target site crashes." Not the worst headline on the toy sites I could think of...

Comment

• cdhall
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by scott metzger
          Not that it would be a good thing in other aspects, but it would be a good sign for the line if the traffic on Target.com was heavy enough to crash the servers. "New Mego line so popular Target site crashes." Not the worst headline on the toy sites I could think of...
          I’ll do my part!
          I was apparently overloading the MegoMuseum server a few days ago...
          —-
          - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• tmthor
            God of Knock-offs
            • Nov 29, 2005

Well My household will be down for 3 of each Trek and 3 Action Jackson's and 3 of each DC (2 of each for my son and 1 of each for me)

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Anyone know what neck style they'll be using on the new female figures? Classic separate neck piece or BBPow style plug in head.? I know the basic EMCE body can go either way, and because of the costume, I can't tell on the small pic of Jeannie we've seen.

Comment

• cdhall
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
                transporter play / display set.
                A Transporter Room Display.
                Perfect.
                Perfect excuse to assemble any figures together.
                —-
                - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• cdhall
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
                  transporter play / display set.
                  A Transporter Room Display.
                  Perfect.
                  Perfect excuse to assemble any figures together.
                  —-
                  - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by scott metzger
                    Anyone know what neck style they'll be using on the new female figures? Classic separate neck piece or BBPow style plug in head.? I know the basic EMCE body can go either way, and because of the costume, I can't tell on the small pic of Jeannie we've seen.
                    EDIT: No Firefly I hadn't seen Firefly, Charmed or Wizard of Oz mentioned in the other press releases. From http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/mego-toys-is-staging-a-comeback-with-new-line-of-action-figures-from-dc-star-trek-and-more I will be all over the Firefly figures and hope they extend the Wizard of Oz to include flying

New Brady's Alice figure; and Charmed Piper; please see the neck:

Originally posted by RonnyG
                    Originally posted by pmwasson
                    Last edited by comicmike; Jul 18, '18, 1:25 AM.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

How do these figures get to the shelves at Target? All the secrecy and holding off announcements...how does this happen??
                      sigpic

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by comicmike
                        New Brady's Alice figure; and Charmed Piper; please see the neck:
                        Okay, unexpected third option: Brand new female torso design. That answers my question. Loses the extra neck movement of the originals, I assume, but looks pretty good. That may also alleviate my main fear of the truncated EMCE female torso translating here; hard to tell without seeing the body itself, but Piper looks fine in that respect, as you can sort of see where the crotch is. And, to thrill me even more, the head looks to be about the same scale as the classic Mego ladies. Sculpts and paints on all the heads look really nice and sharp; paint on Piper is exceptional. That's one of the prettiest female heads I've ever seen on any Mego-type figure, truthfully.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 24, 2007

After further clarifacation from my son...I made a mistake thinking that there were only 3 Targets in my area, inactuality there's 5...1 near Yankee stadium and 1 at 125st Mall. I'm gonna gas up the pacer for the hunt on the release date. These figures look great so far, love the Brady's Alice. LOL
                          Last edited by Ivaniski; Jul 18, '18, 9:39 AM.

Comment

• Random Axe
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Apr 16, 2008

after reading so many asinine remarks on the ambassador page ripping this relaunch I had to come here and feel the love. So here's some thoughts of my own that may run counter to the naysayers of facebook

1. I think the card artwork is pretty cool. It's got an 80s Commodore 64/Atari and Activision charm in the design and colors pallete. I read people are going to pass on these based on packaging. Those are sad people.

2. I'm not going to buy every figure but Im going to get the majority. So many complaints on license and head sculpts and character choice. Buy what you want leave the rest for someone else. pretty simple

3. No, we didn't get Star Wars or Marvel. That's something to aspire to, not to rip the company because you're disappointed. Crawl before sprinting.

4. This will be the first time since I've drawn breath on this planet I'll be able to enter a retail store and purchase, with my own money, an official Mego product. I find that exhilarating and surreal.

5. I'm putting in for a day off work to experience this. I just hope I pick the correct day. Guess I need to introduce myself to the general manager
                            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• boss
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 18, 2003

^ what he said.
                              Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 21, 2017

I had the same thoughts about the packaging having a cool Atari vibe.

And yeah, I don't get all the criticism. Not everything is for everybody... but it seems like there is at least something for everybody. Buy what you like, let others enjoy the rest, especially if the editions are limited.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎