Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2712151617

Thread: Classic MEGO Figures Return Via Target Stores

Quote Originally Posted by The Bat View Post
    That's a good idea! I guess I will be too...I want that Romulan Commander BADLY!!!
    I think something that we could all do, for whoever is willing, is maybe make a want list of what everybody here wants/needs, and then those of us who find extras can sell/trade with other members.

The ground rules would be something like this: If we sell to another member, there can be no sales for profit. We will only charge what we paid plus shipping to a fellow member. If it's a trade, it's a straight trade. Each side will cover whatever it takes to ship, unless someone has specific packing demands that run the total beyond expectations, in which case he/she would need to compensate the sender.

Does that sound like a good idea or not?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Just a couple weeks more
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/blogs/tv-news/how-batman-and-superman-stopped-being--super-friends--225413206.html

Images

Bat

That's a good idea! I guess I will be too...I want that Romulan Commander BADLY!!!
    Maybe I’ll get 3 so I can swap or resell you one if you don’t get one.

I imagine the Marketplace will be jumping in August.

Ivaniski TOTALLY hooked me up a few years ago by going to FAO Schwartz for me and shipping me something (I forget but I recently saw a post on my gallery where I documented it and thanked him) so I would be happy to help The Bat beam the Romulan Commander into the The Batcave. I should PM you.

I expect they are releasing 3 Trek Figures at about $14.99 each (I don’t see how they make a 2 pack diorama from Sulu, Romulan Commander and Gorn Captain) so I was planning to have at least $90 ready to buy 2 each but I’ll pick up a 3rd Romulan Commander if I can and get it to you. I need to go check up on Ivaniski.
    Doug Hall
    I'm going to break 1000 posts before the relaunch of Mego this month at Target it looks like!

"Surely, the best of times."
    - Captain Spock

Images

And SDCC

Quote Originally Posted by hobub View Post
    Quick, somebody update Wikipedia. Mego “was” to Mego “IS” or add to the current plans. Someone with all the facts.
    Someone needs to start a San Diego ComicCon thread here too and feed us pix and intel from the event.

Someone needs to take an extra person to San Diego and Facebook Live the whole thing!!

(Edit: This was my 950th Post! This morning at 4am Central the “server is too busy” and I couldn’t send PMs or post. It was frustrating. )
    Last edited by cdhall; Jul 15, '18 at 1:09 PM. Reason: Commemorate post 950!
    Doug Hall
    I'm going to break 1000 posts before the relaunch of Mego this month at Target it looks like!

- Captain Spock

Images
    ALL good ideas guys. Maybe by working together with each other here at the Museum, we can all get the figures were after...and can BEAT the Scalpers.

Images
    ALL good ideas guys. Maybe by working together with each other here at the Museum, we can all get the figures were after...and can BEAT the Scalpers.
    Yes.
    I’ll get your back on Romulan Commander if I can.
    We need to have everyone buy 2-3 of each and swap them here.
    Worst case scenario, someone has to return an unopened, minty purchase to the store, yes?
    I guess if there are only 3, we don’t need a more elaborate plan than everyone buy an extra set and swap them here to get what you want, right?
    Well, for Trek figures anyway. I’m sure you all have a network in place to be sure you all get what you need. My initial thought was to start a thread where everyone posted what they wanted and have 2 guys post who’ll back them up, but surely I’m reinventing the wheel.
    Doug Hall

- Captain Spock

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdhall View Post
    Yes.
    I’ll get your back on Romulan Commander if I can.

Very nice of you, thanks. I do feel pretty confident though I will be able to find one at my local Target here in Maine. I'll also probably do the midnight thing online on the 29/30th just to be on the safe side.

Not that it would be a good thing in other aspects, but it would be a good sign for the line if the traffic on Target.com was heavy enough to crash the servers. "New Mego line so popular Target site crashes." Not the worst headline on the toy sites I could think of...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Not that it would be a good thing in other aspects, but it would be a good sign for the line if the traffic on Target.com was heavy enough to crash the servers. "New Mego line so popular Target site crashes." Not the worst headline on the toy sites I could think of...
    I’ll do my part!
    I was apparently overloading the MegoMuseum server a few days ago...
    Doug Hall

- Captain Spock