Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4914171819

Thread: Classic MEGO Figures Return Via Target Stores

Images
    What?!?
    That’s Chekov!
    With Kirk and Spock on the box!

OK! Now I’m excited because there appear to be an unknown number of Trek figures.

I’ll expect that I’m buying 12 - 24 figures plus some other ladies to see how they do in Uhura’s uniform.

But if they did Sulu and Chekov, surely with Doc there especially they realize that a Chapel release gives us a Blue female uniform and boots to customize ladies with and purists like me don’t need to sweat sideburns so the Uhura and Chapel figures may sell much more than Kirk and Spock, partly because I think I have 9 fully Functional Spocks and 2-3 Kirks already. Kirk in the Green Tribbles shirt and Spock in a Blue Sickbay jump-thing would have been a buy from me for sure and of course such a Spock may sell more for that Blue Sickbay jumpsuit...
    —-
    “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
    - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
    - Captain Spock
    https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Images
    These guys
    https://trekmovie.com/2018/07/11/meg...ing-star-trek/

Say “The line will feature articulated cloth 8-inch figures, 14-inch figures, and 8-inch figure 2-pack dioramas. The toys will be sold under the brand “Marty Abrams presents Mego™” and be launched in three waves in 2018.”

Three waves this year?
    July, September, November perhaps?

Ack!
    Eeek!
    —-
    “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
    - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
    - Captain Spock
    https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

My son and I cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by Random Axe View Post
    after reading so many asinine remarks on the ambassador page ripping this relaunch I had to come here and feel the love. So here's some thoughts of my own that may run counter to the naysayers of facebook

1. I think the card artwork is pretty cool. It's got an 80s Commodore 64/Atari and Activision charm in the design and colors pallete. I read people are going to pass on these based on packaging. Those are sad people.

2. I'm not going to buy every figure but Im going to get the majority. So many complaints on license and head sculpts and character choice. Buy what you want leave the rest for someone else. pretty simple

3. No, we didn't get Star Wars or Marvel. That's something to aspire to, not to rip the company because you're disappointed. Crawl before sprinting.

4. This will be the first time since I've drawn breath on this planet I'll be able to enter a retail store and purchase, with my own money, an official Mego product. I find that exhilarating and surreal.

5. I'm putting in for a day off work to experience this. I just hope I pick the correct day. Guess I need to introduce myself to the general manager
    ^ this is an awesome post sir !!!!

Kind of a shame these will be next to the NECA offerings that could hurt sales a little

Images
    after reading so many asinine remarks on the ambassador page ripping this relaunch I had to come here and feel the love. So here's some thoughts of my own that may run counter to the naysayers of facebook

1. I think the card artwork is pretty cool. It's got an 80s Commodore 64/Atari and Activision charm in the design and colors pallete. I read people are going to pass on these based on packaging. Those are sad people.

2. I'm not going to buy every figure but Im going to get the majority. So many complaints on license and head sculpts and character choice. Buy what you want leave the rest for someone else. pretty simple

3. No, we didn't get Star Wars or Marvel. That's something to aspire to, not to rip the company because you're disappointed. Crawl before sprinting.

4. This will be the first time since I've drawn breath on this planet I'll be able to enter a retail store and purchase, with my own money, an official Mego product. I find that exhilarating and surreal.

5. I'm putting in for a day off work to experience this. I just hope I pick the correct day. Guess I need to introduce myself to the general manager

Well said!!

I wish I could say that, I feel old.

Images
    Well, I'm stoked. Though I already have the EMCE versions of everything in the new Star Trek line mentioned so far (except for that tantalizing Romulan Commander!), I will probably pick them up again just because. And of course I'll be hoping for some new offerings to follow: Chapel, Rand, Vina, Mudd, etc.

Star Trek Lives! Mego Lives!

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

plus with Neca coming out with their 8 inch offerings,and that mego and neca will be in target stores by august,this is the most exciting week I can remember for mego news