X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by tmthor
    From What I understand they are only Exclusive to Target for one year after that they can re-release all the exclusive ones to all retailers so if you miss out you are only missing out on the limited exclusive ones .....or at least thats how I took the news of the deal.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I'm happy MEGO is back but I'm not interested in some of the figures that have been announced. I will probley get an Action Jackson. Not sure if I need another Sulu or not.

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by phil
      Thanks for clearing that up. I'm happy MEGO is back but I'm not interested in some of the figures that have been announced. I will probley get an Action Jackson. Not sure if I need another Sulu or not.
      I'll be picking one up just to support the line. Might keep it carded (which I never do), since I've already got one loose.

Comment

• tmthor
        God of Knock-offs
        • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
        This is what worries me. For my self as a collector and for the new Mego Corp. That Mattycollector and 5 per store is not good. If someone wanted to collect the Cheers line and could not get a Sam Malone what incentive would he/she have to purchase the other figures. They are not even out yet and I am already in a panic.
        Well look on the Bright side on some sites many are saying easy pass since they are not in either the 6" scale or the high end 12" scales. Somehow 6" is now considered by many to be the standard scale.

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Here's a question: are all the Action Jacksons the same hair color in this wave? The one shown is the one I want most (that's the version I got as my first Mego), but I could see picking up a variety if we got a blonde and a redhead, as well.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 12, 2014

HA thats funny. I didnt even know they still made them.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
              I was thinking, This would be really cool with the reboot of Mego. It's very likely there will be renewed interest in old fan base and newbe fans. This will increase traffic to the museum and very likely the megocon. We'll get some new blood ; )
              That would be cool! All these years of dreaming about the return of Mego, part of it was for me and part of it was so there would be a new generation of Megoheads. I always wanted a new generation of kids to have the Mego experience like we had in the 70s. About 10 yrs ago I lived in a townhouse and I would always give comics out to the neighborhood kids. I wanted them to have that book in their hands, not just a video game or a cartoon, now a phone. They could actually READ about superheroes and stuff. Like Megos and comics I always wanted to see a new generation into them so they would not die out. I think we were the luckiest people ever to grow up when we did in the 70s and early 80s. Maybe there is just something wrong with me and the way i think. Maybe, just maybe kids will be in Target with their parents and see these glorious little 8" of cloth and plastic and be hooked for life like we were. I know it sounds stupid but i dont care.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

I was born in 1970 and for my small Arkansas hometown that peaked at 25,000 population it sure was Toy Town in the 70s. Every Department, Toy, Drug store carried Megos from the start at $2 each. Then in 1983 Wal-Mart opened and put my favorite stores out of business. Last MEGO I got at reta was a new 8" Batman for $6 at K-Mart during Mego's last year.

Now $14.99 for 8" and $19.99 for 14"! is a steal! Glad Target is exclusive retailer for 1st year and I like variety of licenses characters for everyone.

Cannot believe it's s been 35 years. Welcome back Marty and Mego when kids are seeing this news on their phones! We had rotary phones in the 70s when you only dialed 5 numbers for a local call before 2 digit prefix!
                Last edited by ovenmitt; Jul 12, '18, 6:19 PM.

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

You know, this is a pretty unique situation in the toy industry. It's not just a company being revived, someone buying or getting rights to the name and bringing in a new iteration. This is THE actual Mego, run by the same man who ran the original. It's not just a revival, it's an actual return. That's pretty amazing just in and of itself.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
                    You know, this is a pretty unique situation in the toy industry. It's not just a company being revived, someone buying or getting rights to the name and bringing in a new iteration. This is THE actual Mego, run by the same man who ran the original. It's not just a revival, it's an actual return. That's pretty amazing just in and of itself.
                    Well said Scott!

Comment

• cdhall
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 14, 2004

As I said in another thread My 13 year old son cant wait he has August 1st circled on the calendar (had it since he heard 2 weeks ago) he is planning on at least 2 of each Trek and 2 of each DC and plans on reviewing them on his Youtube channel. (he has a few of the Mego 3 3/4" TMP figures & pocket super heroes)
                      Post a link to his YouTube channel and I’ll go subscribe.

He’s a Mego Ambassador I hope.

Maybe can make a channel for his Mego reviews called Ambassador “X”?
                      —-
                      “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                      - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                      - Captain Spock
                      https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• cdhall
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                        I'll be picking one up just to support the line. Might keep it carded (which I never do), since I've already got one loose.
                        The Mego Sulu will not only be “official” but will have a different head sculpt and body from the Emce or Custom you already have, no?
                        —-
                        - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• cdhall
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by scott metzger
                          Indeed.

Fascinating.
                          —-
                          - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• cdhall
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
                            Thats a great question. That limited to 10,000 number is a huge concern for me. What if I cant find certain figures? I would like to get multiples of each. If each Target by me lets say got 10 Sulus and they sold out. Where does that leave me? Will I be forced to go to eBay and pay $40-$50 each. I wont do that.
                            I’m not as savvy as you guys but that does sound like a disaster in the making. However, on Season 2, episode 1 (pretty sure), of The Toys That Made is, which prominently features Marty, they discuss how limited editions killed the last Trek Licencee (at least partly) by alienating completists.
                            —-
                            - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• wise guy
                              Career Member
                              • Dec 29, 2014

This is great news for Mego and I hope these sell because if they sit on shelves than
                              Target is always first at clearancing them out after Christmas. The DC 14'', Star Trek
                              and maybe Wizard of oz should sell. The other stuff I hope sells so we can get new figures
                              but I don't know what Firefly and Charmed is.

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cdhall
                                I’m not as savvy as you guys but that does sound like a disaster in the making. However, on Season 2, episode 1 (pretty sure), of The Toys That Made is, which prominently features Marty, they discuss how limited editions killed the last Trek Licencee (at least partly) by alienating completists.
                                10,000 is an abundance.

Most of the remego stuff you like now is produced at a third of that volume.

The limited figures that everyone speaks of in that epsiode were produced in quantities of less than 2,000.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎