Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada


Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 197

Thread: Classic MEGO Figures Return Via Target Stores

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 12, 2014
    Location
    Franklinville, NJ
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    A question on numbers: I've seen in this thread that the figures are limited to 10,000, but someone also said the exclusivity to Target is for a year. Does this mean the same figures will be available in greater numbers at a future date?
    Thats a great question. That limited to 10,000 number is a huge concern for me. What if I cant find certain figures? I would like to get multiples of each. If each Target by me lets say got 10 Sulus and they sold out. Where does that leave me? Will I be forced to go to eBay and pay $40-$50 each. I wont do that.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 15, 2001
    Location
    My Pants
    Posts
    53,171
    Blog Entries
    8
    10,000 is a lot more than most runs. I think we're going to be fine but I would advise you all to get what you want when you see it.

    Or order it from Target.com, like i plan to.

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    10,000 is a lot more than most runs. I think we're going to be fine but I would advise you all to get what you want when you see it.

    Or order it from Target.com, like i plan to.
    That is something I was wondering. I recall the 9" Trek figures from Playmates back in the 90's had a run somewhere in the 15,000 range per figure. I am a bit concerned as I still have Mattycollector flashbacks, but hopefully that's not going to be the case here. Anyone know what the runs on things like the Diamond Trek or Biff!Bang!Pow! figures ran? And the max I see any Target getting of one figure is 5 (based on 1,822 Targets), and that's not taking into account online sales. We may be looking at each store winding up with only a couple of each. Limiting numbers with no chance of increasing them later if demand is there is not a strategy that has worked well over the long run for such lines; it tends to tick fans off when they can't get the product, and that eventually outweighs the draw of "limited exclusive." Add that any figures people might want to army build (if we do get things like flying monkeys or such) could be a problem at set production numbers. That's why I was asking if things might go back into production (maybe with some alterations) if the Target exclusivity time is finite.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 12, 2014
    Location
    Franklinville, NJ
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    10,000 is a lot more than most runs. I think we're going to be fine but I would advise you all to get what you want when you see it.

    Or order it from Target.com, like i plan to.
    I hope you are right. I hear you on the target.com. I cant afford to get everything at once being jobless at the moment. Even if I was working I would only be able to get a few at a time. When the news broke of Megos return I was reminded of the 70s when you could go to any store any time and find Megos. Cant tell you how many replacement Batman, Superman, Spidey, Caps whatever I had. Eventually I always had a butter knife with me for head swapping. I know the stores dont stock stuff like that anymore. Im just afraid there will be a lot of speculators around, especially during this first wave.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    May 11, 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,372
    I agree that the number of each figure in comparison to the number of Target stores is a bit concerning.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 12, 2014
    Location
    Franklinville, NJ
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    That is something I was wondering. I recall the 9" Trek figures from Playmates back in the 90's had a run somewhere in the 15,000 range per figure. I am a bit concerned as I still have Mattycollector flashbacks, but hopefully that's not going to be the case here. Anyone know what the runs on things like the Diamond Trek or Biff!Bang!Pow! figures ran? And the max I see any Target getting of one figure is 5 (based on 1,822 Targets), and that's not taking into account online sales. We may be looking at each store winding up with only a couple of each. Limiting numbers with no chance of increasing them later if demand is there is not a strategy that has worked well over the long run for such lines; it tends to tick fans off when they can't get the product, and that eventually outweighs the draw of "limited exclusive." Add that any figures people might want to army build (if we do get things like flying monkeys or such) could be a problem at set production numbers. That's why I was asking if things might go back into production (maybe with some alterations) if the Target exclusivity time is finite.
    This is what worries me. For my self as a collector and for the new Mego Corp. That Mattycollector and 5 per store is not good. If someone wanted to collect the Cheers line and could not get a Sam Malone what incentive would he/she have to purchase the other figures. They are not even out yet and I am already in a panic.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    May 11, 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieJimC View Post
    This is what worries me. For my self as a collector and for the new Mego Corp. That Mattycollector and 5 per store is not good. If someone wanted to collect the Cheers line and could not get a Sam Malone what incentive would he/she have to purchase the other figures. They are not even out yet and I am already in a panic.
    Not being able to complete a line or set tends to tick people off and causes people to loose interest.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    May 26, 2009
    Location
    East Alton, IL outside St Louis
    Posts
    1,408
    MEGO at SDCC and rest of 2018 w I ll be historic, but also imagine MEGO at 2019 Toy Fair where even more licenses will be revealed for even more retailers! MEGO will dominate the action figure industry again!

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 30, 2005
    Location
    Chattanooga Tennessee
    Posts
    840
    Great news that MEGO is coming back. Here's what I'm hoping for.
    THE BRADY BUNCH: Here's hoping this line will include Mike Brady.
    MARRIED WITH CHILDREN: Here's hoping they will include Steve Rhodes.
    STAR TREK: Here's hoping they will include Chekov.
    DC SUPER HEROES: I don't know how Mego and Figures Toy Company will both be able to license DC, but good news. Regardless of which company does this, I would love to have a 12 inch (or 14 inch) figure of AQUAMAN!!! In the classic orange and green costume. MEGO never made him. I would have loved to have had a 12 inch Aquaman with the muscular body and one of these companies should consider making a large Aquaman figure with the movie coming out in December. I have the 12 inch Christopher Reeve Superman and the 12 inch Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, I am on a quest to find the Magnetic Batman and Robin loose, mint and complete, and I would like to get a 12 inch classic Aquaman to complete the Super Friends in 12 inch form.
    I would also like to see the Bionic Woman by Mego and maybe Six Million Dollar Man as well, despite that Bif Bang Pow already did that line, only I'd like Steve Austin's head to not be so big.
    Anyway, those are my thoughts and hopes for MEGO. They may not happen, but one can only dream.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 29, 2005
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the Heavens
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieJimC View Post
    This is a dream come true. I have fantasized about the return of Mego my entire life. Now all I need to do is find some Spider-Man Underoos that I can fit my 51yr old big butt into.
    THERE YOU GO ROCK THEM IN STYLE

    https://www.webundies.com/bfh5211.ht...yABEgIkI_D_BwE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •